LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Is any one really shoked how this game went?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is any one really shoked how this game went?

I'm not trying to completely bash on Kap, because he has done some good things and he is still young. If you look at a lot of his #s they are pretty good for this point in his career. I think he just set a pretty high standard for what he did in the 2012 playoffs (except the last drive of the Super Bowl ) and opening game of 2013 when he threw for over 400 yards. There are lots of other problems on offense and to me its hard to figure out exactly where to start. Its easy to just say oh blame Roman, and Kap sucks. And some of that is probably true. But the line has been inconsistent all year and at times has been absolutely abysmal. The best QB in the league wouldn't play well either if he was being pressured as soon as the ball was snapped. Im not completely ready to give up on him just yet, but this is very frustrating. The post game press conferences are annoying me. I can't stand how he has to make sure he has his headphones around his neck for every interview. He probably goes to his locker and thinks "Hmmm what color should I wear this time?" We get it Colin, you have headphones woohooooo. And he has to make sure he has a cute little swirly design cut out into his hair too. That's bugging me. You're in the NFL stop tryin to look like a high school kid. Come on Niners!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Phil:
Originally posted by Phil:
No I'm not shocked at all. I knew Seattle was real and we were pretenders. I thought in fact it would probably be worse. This was closer than I had figured.

We're nor pretenders. Oh no. We simply lack a passing game. A complex one, on a short field, that can score. And the overthrows all day deep didn't help empty the box.But Roman will get the blame. Again.

Yes we can't pass and the Offensive Coordinator will get the blame but he is not the PROBLEM.

No, lol, I'm agreeing with you. Don't want to celebrate though. I feel despondent. I'm pissed. Sorry.

Anyhow, I recorded the game tonight. Got home and watched it- the first pass I saw him make to Gore, where he had to jump to get it over the line...I knew then we would lose. I already knew we would lose. Posted it in the game thread. Not because i "hate" this team or "hate " Kap but......Ive just seen enough to understand why our O struggles.

As you understand as well....Kap has a hand in it. A larger hand than many people will admit.

Nor sure what to do? What does the team do?

We probably need to draft a QB.

After signing him to a huge deal you wouldn't think so but Colin just can't beat good teams. We are only as good as he is.

Russell Wilson is so much better than keeper nick it's not even funny
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
After signing him to a huge deal you wouldn't think so but Colin just can't beat good teams. We are only as good as he is.

Russell Wilson is so much better than keeper nick it's not even funny

So much blame thrown at Kap in here, you guys seem to forget how well he has played in the past. How do you explain a QB who has played lights out against good teams on the road in the playoffs but then looks so poor this season?

You think he literally forgot how to do that? Of course not, it's coaching and game plan first, followed by execution. If the first 2 aren't good, the third can't be.
I have said it a million times on here.

1. If we can score 20 pts we will win every game.
2. We are terrible on offense, and to get to 20 pts we need turnovers. Our return game is terrible (Hyde is not a burner). We have to face reality and know that our offense has been figured out, teams do not have to worry about Keap running as they did 2 years ago, and he cant throw that accurately or make great decisions. We will likely be a bubble team even next year too as too much has to change offensively.

I am happy with the defense last night.

Anyone else notice that right from the opening kickoff tackle, Seattle was the more physical team? Multiple hits were bone crunching.

I feel we lose 2 more games and finish 9-7.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I thought it was at least going to be close. The offense played with no urgency when they were down. What annoys me even more is that douche SHERMAN got the last laugh
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, I glad Kap's contract isn't guaranteed. I can see us getting out of it, in a year or two, if things keep regressing.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
I'm not trying to completely bash on Kap, because he has done some good things and he is still young. If you look at a lot of his #s they are pretty good for this point in his career. I think he just set a pretty high standard for what he did in the 2012 playoffs (except the last drive of the Super Bowl ) and opening game of 2013 when he threw for over 400 yards. There are lots of other problems on offense and to me its hard to figure out exactly where to start. Its easy to just say oh blame Roman, and Kap sucks. And some of that is probably true. But the line has been inconsistent all year and at times has been absolutely abysmal. The best QB in the league wouldn't play well either if he was being pressured as soon as the ball was snapped. Im not completely ready to give up on him just yet, but this is very frustrating. The post game press conferences are annoying me. I can't stand how he has to make sure he has his headphones around his neck for every interview. He probably goes to his locker and thinks "Hmmm what color should I wear this time?" We get it Colin, you have headphones woohooooo. And he has to make sure he has a cute little swirly design cut out into his hair too. That's bugging me. You're in the NFL stop tryin to look like a high school kid. Come on Niners!!

I honestly think the fame is more important to him or that's what it seems like. He just doesn't show any passion or show any concern at all. His interviews are dull and answers are dull. His image comes first in my eyes.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, I glad Kap's contract isn't guaranteed. I can see us getting out of it, in a year or two, if things keep regressing.

Honestly if harbs is gone, Kaep might be expendable. Unless the next coaching staff can do something with him.
shocked? no... massively disappointed? yes.

Whether he ever improves or not, all that's positive I can say is THANK YOU KAEP FOR SIGNING A TEAM-FRIENDLY CONTRACT!!!!!
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
I have said it a million times on here.

1. If we can score 20 pts we will win every game.
2. We are terrible on offense, and to get to 20 pts we need turnovers. Our return game is terrible (Hyde is not a burner). We have to face reality and know that our offense has been figured out, teams do not have to worry about Keap running as they did 2 years ago, and he cant throw that accurately or make great decisions. We will likely be a bubble team even next year too as too much has to change offensively.

I am happy with the defense last night.

Anyone else notice that right from the opening kickoff tackle, Seattle was the more physical team? Multiple hits were bone crunching.

I feel we lose 2 more games and finish 9-7.

The problem is that even when we do get turnovers such as in the Giants game (5 interceptions with only a field goal to show for it) too many times all we do is either go 3 and out, get near mid-field and punt, or put together a nice drive up until the red zone then its field goal time. Its been that way all year. At this point its like if we don't get a pick 6, we aren't gonna take advantage of a turnover and score at all.

I definitely noticed that it looked like seattle players were coming out right away with more urgency and trying to put hard hits on Niners players on every play. I have noticed for a few years now that EVERY time these 2 teams play, the Niners always come away with injured players. Some more severe than others. See: Ian Williams, Navorro Bowman, Mike Iupati. That's just last year alone! I don't know what it is about them getting injured. Crabtree on the 2nd play of the game tonight. Vernon has been knocked out at least once or twice against them. I believe Delanie Walker had his jaw broken against them a few years ago and I think Manningham's knee injury was against them (not sure about that, I was in basic training during that part of the 2012 season). And I can't think of 1 seahawk injury sustained against the Niners. Not that I am hoping for injuries, but man it definitely seems like seattle is the more "physical team" here

Originally posted by Baldie:
I honestly think the fame is more important to him or that's what it seems like. He just doesn't show any passion or show any concern at all. His interviews are dull and answers are dull. His image comes first in my eyes.

I totally agree. His image and his "style" is super important to him and that would be fine and good if we were winning like we're supposed to be. Every interview he does, he looks like he would rather be somewhere else and he speaks with no emotion at all. I swear he only uses like 3 or 4 answers during a post game interview following a loss. "Just gotta execute" being #1. If I was a reporter I would call him out on that and say "Ok Colin, when are you gonna start executing?"
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
more are shocked than you'd expect. considering how terrible this offense has been playing all year, I was expecting an even bigger beat down.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
more are shocked than you'd expect. considering how terrible this offense has been playing all year, I was expecting an even bigger beat down.

I wanted to think that maybe, just maybe, the niners would come out fighting because this was an extremely important game not just because its the Hawks but because this game had playoff implications. The defense showed up, but again, the offense didn't come to play. One FG at home verses your most hated team on Thanksgiving Day......thats just not acceptable. This game had to have been circled on the schedule. The niners brought in extra talent at WR because of the Hawks and even that didn't show AT ALL.
Its hard to gauge Kap. The o line has been s**t so he's had zero time to throw. Its led to happy feet...

My issue is his inaccuracy on wide open guys because he doest set his damn feet for proper mechanics.

We have a championship caliber defense even without Willis an Bowman. Our offense is complete s**t. It starts with the scheme. We have none.

Seattle says - Frank Gore will NOT beat us (logical plan) and to Kap's defense even when they stack the our WR CANNOT get open one on one with their d.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this game was a punch in the gut to the offense and I don't think they have the heart or will to bounce back from it. We lose to the raiders this sunday, someone better get fired.
Share 49ersWebzone