LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Is any one really shoked how this game went?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is any one really shoked how this game went?

We've been playing pretty poorly all season long. The offense has yet to show any form of consistency. The defense has played pretty good, borderline great at times. The special teams has been iffy week end and week out. Seattle is built perfectly to beat us. Big physical corners, to slow or big slow Wr's. They sell out to stop the run game, which has also been hit or miss this season. We're just not that good this season. Our championship window was the past two seasons and we missed it. Not saying the door has slammed shut because we still have some awesome pieces to build around, but as far as this season...... it's going to take a miracle to do anything. And if by the grace of God we get in the playoffs, we're probably one and done. So no, I'm not shocked at all at how this game went. Hoped for the best but was ready for basically what happened... Time to rebuild the O-line and focus on getting some actual Wr's that can create separation..
[ Edited by jays9ers on Nov 27, 2014 at 8:22 PM ]
  • Jiks
Not "shoked" kaepernick is no better than Geno Smith.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Ehhhhh........wouldn't go that far....
I'm shocked at how little heart the team came out to play with so, one vote for yes.
I'm shocked it wasn't worse tbh
  • Jiks
Originally posted by jays9ers:

Ehhhhh........wouldn't go that far....

Just ventilating... just over his ineptness
people thought we would win before the game
I'll admit I knew it would be difficult based on how poorly the offense has played lately. I didn't expect them to only score 3 points, but knew they would struggle. I still had hope until the end of the third though
Just ventilating... just over his ineptness

I concur.. Kap has been a step late all season.. he has the tools to succeed buuuut so did Jamarcus Russel..
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I knew we were going to lose with this offense and as long as Kap was under center and not running.

We have not played offensive football all season long, how could things change against the #1 defense.
We sucked today but it was also indicative of our entire season. We tip a ball near the goal line and it goes up and doesn't get picked. Bad luck. They fumble twice, 3 times if you include the muffed punt snap and we get no turnovers. They get a free turnover on the punt after the muffed snap. 99 out of 100 times if you do not punt on time someone is illegally downfield but the refs don't even bother to look. Just our luck. They called us on it and negated a punt inside the ten and they ended up on the 40 but they do it and get a free turnover? Just our luck.

The refs missed a facemask on our QB. If we have a player slightly graze a QB with a helmut they call it evertime but our QB gets facemasked and we end up with 2nd and 16 yards to go and no call.

We have a chance at 3 turnovers on defense and get none but they get a free one from the refs. It's been that kind of a season.

Our offense has regressed with more weapons. Kap has not gotten any better. Too many injuries. Vernon Davis has vactioned on Mars all season and the officials have been unlucky to us all year. The bad calls have not evened out and have benefitied opposing teams all year and the seahawks today. On top of that the ball just bounces the wrong way. We could have collected 3 turnovers today we got none but they get a free one. Go figure.

Hopefulle we get all the bad luck out of the way this year and have good fortune next season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm not surprised, why is anyone surprised? This offense has been stuck in neutral the whole season. It's an embarrassement how bad this offense is.
No I'm not shocked at all. I knew Seattle was real and we were pretenders. I thought in fact it would probably be worse. This was closer than I had figured.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
I posted once in the game thread, before the game. And knew Kap would get shut down. It doesn't matter. Our season is done. What matters is what our FO will do about it. With all this talent on this team.....

"Oh, it must be coaching!!!!"

LOL

Get you head out of your dumb asses.
Share 49ersWebzone