LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

No Huddle?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm sure this has been brought up before....but I would love to see SF go no huddle a few times a game. Instead of going up to the line, shifting, changing formations, and snapping the ball with 1 second left...just let these boys play ball. By running the clock down to the final second every play it give the defense time to recover and set up against our O. Obviously the O is having some troubles...Trying something different wont hurt when we are only scoring 1 TD a game.
i can picture the offense immediately going to the LOS after a play and then standing there for 30 seconds and calling a timeout
  • CMIO
Agreed. Kaep has proven throughout his career that he functions best when he plays his game and doesn't have to over analyze the situation.

Using playoff games as an example, go back and review all the playoff games Kaep has played in. GB, ATL, BALT, GB, CAR, SEA...all of the aforementioned games we played our best AFTER abandoning the so called gameplan. It was Kaep using his instincts, rather than Roman's instructions, that either gave us the win or set us up for one. All of the other drives in those games were failed efforts by Roman to outsmart the defense.

The guy really is a bad coordinator. No innovation, no adjustment, no reflex ability...just piss poor playcalling that's holding this offense back.
lol, the Greg Roman offensive philosophy is the exact opposite of the Chip Kelly "run to the line/tempo" philosophy. The slow, complex, snap at the last second stuff is in purpose.
Always been a fan of no huddle offense.

But harbaugh is all about ball control and winning by three points.
How are we supposed to run the jumbo formation for a gain of nothing if we are in the No Huddle
the no huddle worked great against AZ but roman scrapped it because it worked to well
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
the no huddle worked great against AZ but roman scrapped it because it worked to well

This
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Always been a fan of no huddle offense.

But harbaugh is all about ball control and winning by three points.

while it was made to be a 2 min drill

you can always control clock and run the no huddle, the no huddle keeps the defense from substituting.....NFL teams now use it as strategy
  • titan
  • Veteran
Kap definitely looks better when he is just playing with instinct and hustle. Imagine how rushing yards would Kap have on a no huddle offense! Those Fat Lineman would be dying. Lol

You know Roman's motto, if it's not broke, fix it.
They did it for the opening drive in a game this year (Cardinals maybe?) and it was very successful, then they just abandoned it and have never done it again.

I would think with a QB like Kap, being able to keep a D in base formations and not able to substitute would be very powerful as you would end up with some great matchups, but they don't seem to have any desire to go back to it.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lucky_49:
i can picture the offense immediately going to the LOS after a play and then standing there for 30 seconds and calling a timeout

LOL, I think we've already done that a couple of times under Harbaugh/Roman
We need to take the training wheels off Kap, point blank period.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
How are we supposed to run the jumbo formation for a gain of nothing if we are in the No Huddle

I cringe every time I see that formation.

Share 49ersWebzone