LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Looney/Boone or Boone/Martin?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Am I the only fan that is puzzled as to why the 49ers start Martin at RT and not Boone? Correct me if I am wrong, but Looney at OG is better then Martin at RT, no?

Doesn't Looney at RG and Boone at RT make more sense?
no clue , i like those moves
I agree with Boone to RT and Looney to G......
I'm about ready to want Boone at RT permanently. This move of Boone and Davis switching positions intrigues me.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
can I have other options
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Looney is a LG by nature.. that's the position he played when he was in college.

Boone was a RT in Ohio State, but since he struggle in space, our OL inserted him inside as a RG..

I think we should leave that the way it is, Staley - Looney - Martin - Boone - JMart ..

get used to not having the inconsistent Iupati.. .he's gonna sign with Denver..
So basically you're moving your starting Rg to RT where he had little pratice and insert his backup at RG? Basically you're playing your 3 string tackle, and second string Guard.

Martin has done a solid job on the right side of the line
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
JeuSF, was that for me??

If it is, ... I am not moving anyone.. all I'm saying is that we should just let Looney play where he originally playst at, and that's the LG position... Boone should stay at the RG as well, let Davis and J-Martin be the RT.

if anything happens to Staley (knock on wood), then that's where to Davis.. at the LT.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Looney is a LG by nature.. that's the position he played when he was in college.

Boone was a RT in Ohio State, but since he struggle in space, our OL inserted him inside as a RG..

I think we should leave that the way it is, Staley - Looney - Martin - Boone - JMart ..

Two things. One, Boone was re-signed to be a backup at both tackle spots. He got put into the lineup at guard because we had a hole there, and ended up playing good enough to stay a starter. Better a starter at guard than a back up at tackle. It had nothing to do with him "struggling in space".

Denver will not sign Iupati, because the Manning-whining would be unbearable. Why would the top passing offense in the league want to sign a guard that struggles in pass protection?
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Two things. One, Boone was re-signed to be a backup at both tackle spots. He got put into the lineup at guard because we had a hole there, and ended up playing good enough to stay a starter. Better a starter at guard than a back up at tackle. It had nothing to do with him "struggling in space".

Denver will not sign Iupati, because the Manning-whining would be unbearable. Why would the top passing offense in the league want to sign a guard that struggles in pass protection?

Good call - good post.

Boone filled in pretty solidly for Staley and I think he's a logical choice to move to a Tackle position if needed.

Meh flick Boone altogether. Been hopeless this year anyway. Start Looney.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Am I the only fan that is puzzled as to why the 49ers start Martin at RT and not Boone? Correct me if I am wrong, but Looney at OG is better then Martin at RT, no?

Doesn't Looney at RG and Boone at RT make more sense?

Liking this idea.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Meh flick Boone altogether. Been hopeless this year anyway. Start Looney.

Looney sucks. J. Martin is better at this point.
Im happy with our line depth. Still wish we kept Snyder over Farrell tho.
Share 49ersWebzone