LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Most Frustrating Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I think we're going to win out ugly and get home field advantage for the playoffs

First he said negative things about the team and Jim Harbaugh in interviews, but now he's talking home field advantage. Come on, Jerry, make up your mind!
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I think that Bolden may be inspiring his teammates by his play... and by how he talks about what it will take to continue to win:

[video of Bolden talking to the press after the game]

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Anquan_Boldin_We_Have_Sense_of_Urgency/861f4ed7-cb43-4541-9a65-aa69c02305c1

I get the feeling he's basically challenging his teammates to match his focus and physical effort in helping the team win. I have hunch that many of his teammates want to be up to that challenge. If so, that attitude may be enough to get them a win against the Seahawks. Anything less than a Gore-Bolden effort by the whole team against the Seahawks is likely to lead to a defeat - the Seahawks are still a very good team. (It wouldn't hurt if Aldon Smith and Brooks/Lynch contained and squashed Wilson on a regular basis - I'm sure that would fire up the team.)

I dont want to sound like a dick, but are you misspelling his name on purpose or am I missing some inside joke ?

Oops, not on purpose.
I think if Kap is going to be the "Leader" and be the guy for a our pregame huddle, he needs to think of a better speech than that.

But as for yesterdays game, it was definitely ugly. I didn't think we were going to win at the pace we were going with turn overs, and our defense leaving guys open...

Overall yes, our season has been frustrating, I think what's really throwing us off is not having Willis and Bowman.

Maybe it's just me, but I just don't feel like we have the same team without them, yes I know Borland is killing it, and Wilhoite isn't playing bad.

But still, those 2 guys are our Face, and our team look. Can't get more Beast than those guys.

Also though, it's not like our Defense has been the issue this year even with injuries, it's all been offense.

I just can't understand where the offense has gone wrong, our easy target is saying Roman, or KAP or the OL.

But we really don't know, BASED off what I've seen, the OL has been a big issue, damn I hate seeing Martin RT, Anthony Davis is definitely needed for Thursday.

I'm putting our offensive struggle on Kap and the OL.

We have the most Stacked offense! it shouldn't be like this.

That is all!
Its not as bad before Jim and Trent got here... but I do agree that something is missing on our offence. To much power and its not being used
The niners offensive personnel is extremely overrated. Our qb is mediocre, the offensive line is highly overrated, gore is old, Vernon Davis is playing inured, and none of our receivers can get separation.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I just hope Harbs/Roman aren't calling games conservative on purpose because they know the defense is playing great. For me the offensive woes are 50/50 between play-calling and Kaeps play. When the play is called, good play or bad play, its the QB that has to execute. You can argue that the dropped passes play a part with the 100mph fastballs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nj9er:
I can't take this season anymore. Our offense reminds me of the 65 year old who buys a corvette and drive it in the slow lane. We blew 2 games to penalties and stupid plays. Our offense is the most loaded it's been in 15 years and we can't score points. We don't crush bad teams like we used to. We don't out away games early. Defense who has every reason to regress with injuries player losses and suspensions has kept us in all but one game. I can't f'n take it anymore. I'm wishing Ebola on Roman.
we can still make the playoffs, we did what we needed to do in order to give thursday night meaning, you ought to be proud of the team and the defense for overcoming so much,, if they make the playoffs, i would never be more proud of a team in my life,,, did you just become a niner fan three years ago when they got good again,, feel free to hide under the bed till the season is over, you ought to be happy and proud for the spot we are in now,, do i like roman? am i happy with our offense our refusal to use stevie not to mention the putrid o line? am i pleased with losses to the rams and bears? no , and in the last three years, we have not crushed alot of teams, we have ground out more wins then we have had blowouts.that may not be sexy but that is what we do so deal with it
Originally posted by deviledEgg:
First he said negative things about the team and Jim Harbaugh in interviews, but now he's talking home field advantage. Come on, Jerry, make up your mind!

I just don't consider our home field and advantage
Our QB throws to 2 wr's the whole fing game because he can't read D's and has a below average football IQ. Frank the tank has been done for 2 years but we keep riding him and not switching to Hyde big time. Need more speed in the backfield. Teams are crushing the box because our oline stinks,Kap is mediocre,Gore much slower out of the gate and Roman and Harbs are schematically clueless. Did Harbaugh say that Kap was great yesterday???????This isn't highschool. Kap is a flame throwing weapon back there not any kind of a compitent nfl qb.Seattle's D is probably taking a quick vaca to Bahamas for Bahama mammas this week. Bouldin will get double,tripled. Offense done even more than it is already.Diehard 49ers fan but on one hand almost hope that Seattle puts us out of our misery. Funny thing is with our very compitent defense/coaching we might be able to miracle ourselves to a win at home but not counting on it.
Share 49ersWebzone