There are 262 users in the forums

Most Frustrating Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phil:
Roman didnt make Kap throw off target and throw an int or make Gore AND Hyde fumble. Or make passes 2 yards short t of the first. The QB sneak into a overloaded box was interesting. The burned TO was interesting.

The overall lack of flow is killing us too, If we could get the ball off with 10 seconds on the clock defenses wouldn't be able to fool Kap changing coverage at the last second. And bum rush with 1 second left.

Exactly. Hyde fumbles and kills a drive. Gore fumbles and kills a drive. The INT killed a drive although I thought we got screwed on that. Boldin made a double move and the CB pushed him in the chest back and Boldin couldn't get to the ball. Without the interference or illegal contact Boldin is there fighting for the catch. That's 3 drives killed on turnovers.

Vernon had an awful game. He drops a big gainer. He caught 2 third down passes a yard short, WTF. These weren't slant routes with RAC yards coming they were hook patterns.

We had a big gainer called back because Boone was downfield, for what? It wasn't a screen pass.

We had lousy field position all day long.

The offense was bad but this is one you definately can not blame Roman for.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
it's about to get worse.
Originally posted by Empire49:
You have no idea if he is just in a funk and will come out of it. As of right now, I'd rather have Carrier out there because he actually tries. He doesn't drop easy passes. It makes absolutely no difference what Vernon is capable of because he doesn't actually do what he is capable of.

And how do you know Vernon isn't trying? We're talking about a guy who has been a beast for us for almost a decade to guy who sparingly sees the ball thrown his way. I'm as frustrated as anyone with Vernon but he's still a weapon and we have to get him back in his grove. You can't just get rid of the guy.

Bottom line is that Vernon isn't the only problem. Crabtree is dropping passes last a few weeks back, even Boldin had drops a few. Gore is putting the ball on the ground in critical moments, as did Hyde. Kaepernick makes mental errors. Coaching blows! You see where I'm going with this?
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Nov 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
it's about to get worse.

Yep
Let's face it we barely beat a crap team.

3rd week in a row we squeaked by.

We'll need more fire power vs Seattle

I know they aren't playing well BUT they always get up for us.

It's so damn exasperating watching this highly talented offense suck.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Is it me or does the team look like once they score and take a lead , that they start trying to run out the clock with long slow drives rather than score quickly. Once they get behind they are able to make plays and march down the field and score so why coast the rest of the time? I hate it when coaches, coach scared.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Besides the turnovers, everything else is Roman's fault. Who do you think coaches guys like Vernon Davis? Do you not think the OC should coach the guy to run the route deep enough to get a damn first down?

The guy constantly ruins games with poor planning and play calling. 3rd down in the 4th quarter when everyone knows we need to run to keep the clock moving, what does he call? A run out of the freakin shotgun. Really!?

The offense is always unprepared. Who do you think is responsible for that? We have a legit playmaker in Stevie Johnson and where is he for most of every game? He's on the freakin sideline, while guys who half ass and drop balls are on the field getting chances to make plays only to blow it. Guess who makes those calls?
I'd like to see Johnson and Patton on the field plus another TE. It's not like Crabtree and Davis have the hot hands right now. Sometimes change can be good.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I think we're going to win out ugly and get home field advantage for the playoffs

Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Is it me or does the team look like once they score and take a lead , that they start trying to run out the clock with long slow drives rather than score quickly. Once they get behind they are able to make plays and march down the field and score so why coast the rest of the time? I hate it when coaches, coach scared.

Agree - Playing not to lose.

Pathetic!
I know people are wanting to beat up Roman but I blame Harbaugh. It's his team. He's in charge. Ultimately, he is a bit of a letdown when it comes to X's and O's. I believe Harbaugh's strengths has gotten us to where we are but his weaknesses are keeping us there. Our schemes need to improve. Pretty sure we will be going in a different direction next season with coaching.

I think that Bolden may be inspiring his teammates by his play... and by how he talks about what it will take to continue to win:

[video of Bolden talking to the press after the game]

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Anquan_Boldin_We_Have_Sense_of_Urgency/861f4ed7-cb43-4541-9a65-aa69c02305c1

I get the feeling he's basically challenging his teammates to match his focus and physical effort in helping the team win. I have hunch that many of his teammates want to be up to that challenge. If so, that attitude may be enough to get them a win against the Seahawks. Anything less than a Gore-Bolden effort by the whole team against the Seahawks is likely to lead to a defeat - the Seahawks are still a very good team. (It wouldn't hurt if Aldon Smith and Brooks/Lynch contained and squashed Wilson on a regular basis - I'm sure that would fire up the team.)
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I think that Bolden may be inspiring his teammates by his play... and by how he talks about what it will take to continue to win:

[video of Bolden talking to the press after the game]

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Anquan_Boldin_We_Have_Sense_of_Urgency/861f4ed7-cb43-4541-9a65-aa69c02305c1

I get the feeling he's basically challenging his teammates to match his focus and physical effort in helping the team win. I have hunch that many of his teammates want to be up to that challenge. If so, that attitude may be enough to get them a win against the Seahawks. Anything less than a Gore-Bolden effort by the whole team against the Seahawks is likely to lead to a defeat - the Seahawks are still a very good team. (It wouldn't hurt if Aldon Smith and Brooks/Lynch contained and squashed Wilson on a regular basis - I'm sure that would fire up the team.)

I dont want to sound like a dick, but are you misspelling his name on purpose or am I missing some inside joke ?
the frustrating part is that it seems like almost every positive play we have is either negated by penalty or by a really bad play withing the the next 2 or 3 plays. in football i get it happens but its happened far too often this year.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
ART!!!!!!!

(Another Roman Thread!)

Vernon Davis collection?
True but we could be the raiders
Share 49ersWebzone