LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

Most Frustrating Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I can't take this season anymore. Our offense reminds me of the 65 year old who buys a corvette and drive it in the slow lane. We blew 2 games to penalties and stupid plays. Our offense is the most loaded it's been in 15 years and we can't score points. We don't crush bad teams like we used to. We don't out away games early. Defense who has every reason to regress with injuries player losses and suspensions has kept us in all but one game. I can't f'n take it anymore. I'm wishing Ebola on Roman.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Roman didnt make Kap throw off target and throw an int or make Gore AND Hyde fumble. Or make passes 2 yards short t of the first. The QB sneak into a overloaded box was interesting. The burned TO was interesting.

The overall lack of flow is killing us too, If we could get the ball off with 10 seconds on the clock defenses wouldn't be able to fool Kap changing coverage at the last second. And bum rush with 1 second left.
[ Edited by Phil on Nov 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM ]
Yes, I know its a win, but that was by far the UGLIEST win I have ever seen. The offensive should give the defensive there game checks. The offensive is just AWFUL!
Def makes me miss 2013, 2012, 2011, 2004 lol. Nah wouldnt that be amazing if those other 3 years we didnt win it and this was the year to win it. I'd feel like it was makeup call for the other 3 seasons deserved it more.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phil:
Roman didnt make Kap throw off target and throw an int or make Gore AND Hyde fumble. Or make passes 2 yards short t of the first. The QB sneak into a overloaded box was interesting. The burned TO was interesting.

The overall lack of flow is killing us too, If we could get the ball off with 10 seconds on the clock defenses wouldn't be able to fool Kap changing coverage at the last second. And bum rush with 1 second left.

I don't get how anyone at this point can defend Roman he is the weakest link in the entire organization. How do you have a good o line, a 1200 yard a year RB, 4 WRs who have all had 1000 yard seasons, a TE who once led the league in TD receptions and a top 15 QB and not score more than 17 points on Giants and Redskins at home. Yes Kap threw a pick and Gore fumbled. Washington has a QB on his last leg "literally" and playing DBS off the street and only score 17. How do you play a Giants team that turns the ball over 5 times and let Seattle run all over them and only score 17 points?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Def makes me miss 2013, 2012, 2011, 2004 lol. Nah wouldnt that be amazing if those other 3 years we didnt win it and this was the year to win it. I'd feel like it was makeup call for the other 3 seasons deserved it more.

Everyone complained all season in 2011 about our ugly wins....and we made it to the NFC Champ game
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Wins that feel like losses, and losses that feel like losses.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Yes, I know its a win, but that was by far the UGLIEST win I have ever seen. The offensive should give the defensive there game checks. The offensive is just AWFUL!

Last week was actually worse
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol dude we just not that good just be happy we 7-4.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Everyone complained all season in 2011 about our ugly wins....and we made it to the NFC Champ game

That team seemed to want it more and had an us vs the world attitude. This team has a lot more selfish guys. That could be the difference... 2011 having more heart and wanting it more.

And to compare 2011 vs 2014
ST 2011
Defense 2011 (still good this year but that was d was rare)
pass rush 2011
run game 2011
pass blocking 2011
run blocking 2011
creativity/playcalling 2011
passing 2014
coaching 2011
What else?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM ]

49ers should really be tied with Arizona right now. Both the Chicago game and the second Rams game were games that they should have won, no doubt about it had the offense managed to do much of anything in the 2nd half.
Sorry, but that 2-14 season in 2004 still ranks as my worst.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers should really be tied with Arizona right now. Both the Chicago game and the second Rams game were games that they should have won, no doubt about it had the offense managed to do much of anything in the 2nd half.

Yeah I can deal with at Broncos being a loss especially how beat up we were but the Bears game and Rams game should have been wins. Too bad the refs didnt call the Crabtree catch a td or that Kap was over before fumbling that would have helped us right now. Still shouldn't have been in that spot. The d is depleted this year yet is one of the top 4 in the league. wonder why... coaching... The offense has lost a lot less than the defense. Althoughm, Kilgore was a huge underrated loss... kind of like miller a few years back late in the season...
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM ]
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Lol dude we just not that good just be happy we 7-4.

That's the most frustrating part about the whole thing at 7-4 and the Lions struggling, the Cardinals QB situation, Seattle's lack of dominance we could be running away with a one seed but winning games like we do just makes me think we will fall short of playoff or just be one and done. Anything but the Super Bowl for this team is an underachievement.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Sorry, but that 2-14 season in 2004 still ranks as my worst.

Yeah but I expected them to be 2-14. That dark decade I knew we were terrible and each win was a gift. The Cortez debacle season was pretty frustrating he cost us 4 wins easily all by himself at least then I was just praying for a wildcard game.
Share 49ersWebzone