LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Best thing for Kap is to let Crabs go?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Best thing for Kap is to let Crabs go?

Is it me or does Kap seem to be enamored with Crabtree? It seems like since Alex left (who didn't favor Crab) Kap has made it his mission to make Crab the top dog. Still to this day it seems like he always favors or forces it to Crabtree. I feel like when Kap is targeting the other WR's he is more focused and plays better. What do you think the implications on Kap would be if Crab was gone? I think we'd have a non-biased QB who is focused on winning, not making Crab look good.
Originally posted by tondiman:
Is it me or does Kap seem to be enamored with Crabtree? It seems like since Alex left (who didn't favor Crab) Kap has made it his mission to make Crab the top dog. Still to this day it seems like he always favors or forces it to Crabtree. I feel like when Kap is targeting the other WR's he is more focused and plays better. What do you think the implications on Kap would be if Crab was gone? I think we'd have a non-biased QB who is focused on winning, not making Crab look good.

I think this is all in your head. Crabtree isn't even the most targeted receiver this year, Boldin is.
Yeah having one less good receiver would be so great for our young QB
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

Lol Lol
I think it would be best for this team. It will open up a spot for a different type of talent.

With vernon being non existant an aging brandon lloyd is our deep threat. . Boldin is an excellent possesion receiver and in my opinion has made tougher catches and will fight for the ball harder than crabs. On the other hand Stevie is top notch when it comes to getting open in one on one situations. His hands have also been money.

We have way too many possesion recievers. Itd be nice to have some EFFECTIVE speed (dont know where vernon has been at all season). We dont need a blazing speedster who can only run go routes but itd be nice to have someone a bit faster than what we already have. It would open up a lot more of the underneath stuff.

The nice thing is, Crabs is a known quantity. We know what we have in him. A rookie would be a tossup.

If all those failed attempts to Crabs were meant for Boldin....we probably have a ring or two right now.
No it wouldnt. Colin just has to learn he shouldn't take Crab 1 on 1 vs ANYONE...he's not Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss in his prime. Has to keep in mind who the 1 on Crabtree is.
Unless you replace him with someone better what's the point.
Best thing for Kap is to let Roman go
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
The itch would go away, but Kap doesn't mind the scratching (loves Crabs)

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by tondiman:

I think this is all in your head. Crabtree isn't even the most targeted receiver this year, Boldin is.

The bold is true and a good point. Although, there could be some truth to tondi's (the bold) comment... maybe Kap feels obligated or a little pressured to get Crabs his fair share
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
No. Kap sometimes does that with whoever the primary receiver is, not just Crabtree. He's done it with Boldin almost as much as he has Crabtree and to a lesser extent Vernon Davis.
The best thing for everyone is to let Crabby go. Especially Kaepernick.
Originally posted by jreff22:

If all those failed attempts to Crabs were meant for Boldin....we probably have a ring or two right now.

That's just silly. Stop hating on Crabtree for the Super Bowl and NFC Championship Game. Neither was a catchable ball
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

How so?
In 2011 Kap wasn't the starting QB
In 2012, Boldin was on the opposite team for our Super Bowl loss
2013 is the only year Crab and Boldin played in a potential SB game....I think that ground has been thoroughly ploughed....we've beaten that play to death.
Share 49ersWebzone