LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Our OFFENSE is getting BETTER !

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
No cute stuff? Vernon Davis had a carry, Vance ran a deep route, I saw 3 times Kap do read option and 3 times the defender squatting on Kap. I think 2 went for sacks. Last week I saw Hyde in on 3rd and long pass protection which resulted in a sack. We only have one of the best RBs for blitz pickup in Gore so why is he on bench in 3rd and long?
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Fire Greg Roman.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hps49:
Fire Greg Roman.

Fire Gregorio Romanaticus...
Turnovers and penalties have improved.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Now if only Kaptain Potato get better....

you can do better than this

I'll admit that play calling is part of it but I still want to see consistency from the kid. After all this time, he's still 'effing up.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

is passing for 108 yards better ?
Originally posted by susweel:

16 points off 5 TO. If it wasn't for the defense, we would have lost the game.

I already admitted that play calling has a lot to do with it but come on! I don't give a damn if he had 300-500 yards a game if the damn offense can't score.
It starts with the guy that pulls the trigger. I will say this, Kap seems more under control each game. If the team used the screen game more it would diversify the offense. Will this offense take charge? The only way to know is for them to put up some blowouts, soon.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

16 points off 5 TO. If it wasn't for the defense, we would have lost the game.

I already admitted that play calling has a lot to do with it but come on! I don't give a damn if he had 300-500 yards a game if the damn offense can't score.

the offense could be better but a win is a win.
"No cute stuff"?

You must have missed the poor read-option call in the red zone and the inexcusable handoff to Vernon Davis, a guy who's played like he's walking on eggshells.

The offense is not getting better.

Felix High school is a far better offense than this one!
  • thl408
They were 3 for 4 scoring TDs in the red zone in the NO game. That's pretty good. This NYG game, they were 0 for 2 with one of those drives ending in the Gore/Kap fumble. That's not good at all.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I know this team has redzone woes but the fact that they have done away with the 5-wide stuff the past 2 games and gone back to featuring the running game....they are 2-0. Can't ignore that. Now I'm not saying the offense is back on track, hell no not saying that, but by doing away with trying to be the Denver Broncos they are doing just enough to win games on offense with most of the load on defense. If they can keep up what they are doing (do enough on offense, play solid defense) but just fix the redzone stuff, we will be in good shape. Do we want to be able to score at will in the redzone, absolutely. But the niners gotta do what they need to do to get into the playoffs.
The NYG defense gives up 20.5 pnts per game we avg 21.1. We scored 16 pnts below both averages, no the offense is not getting better
the offense could be better but a win is a win.

I'm not discounting the win, bro. I love the fact that we did.

All I'm saying is that I expect more from our QB. Some consistency of some sort. You never know what the hell you'll get from him each freaking game!

That's the scary part! And I don't mean that in a good way.
Share 49ersWebzone