LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Week 11 - 2014: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I appreciate it when ure hard to understand what I saying it..

I am honestly with you.

I am very surprised about Wilhoite is almost same to Bowman but I am not huge fans of Bowman. I think, Wilhoite is better plays than Bowman because Wilhoite have a smart defense, good to read and good tackle and good coverage and plus good affect our defense. We are 2nd rank defense this year than last year and 2012, too. Boreland is impossible but he gave us too surprised and wow. Borland is very good his play develops too fast time than Bowman. Borland is best beasts tackle than Bowman. He can coverage and smart to read it. Bowman was playing in 2012 in 3 or 4 ranks defense and 2013 in 5th rank defense. Bowman played look ok.. I am honestly with you.

Now if I'm readying the above in bold right, I believe you're saying you think Wilhoite is a better ILB than Bowman? I hope I'm not reading that like I think I am. Wilhoite has done a very good job stepping in when both Willis and Bowman have gone down...but it goes without saying he's nowhere near the talent both of those two are. I like Wilhoite, his work ethic, his story before coming to the Niners (out of Washburn, wasn't even a LB I believe, etc.), don't get me wrong...

I am honestly with you.

I am very surprised about Wilhoite is almost same to Bowman but I am not huge fans of Bowman. I think, Wilhoite is better plays than Bowman because Wilhoite have a smart defense, good to read and good tackle and good coverage and plus good affect our defense. We are 2nd rank defense this year than last year and 2012, too. Boreland is impossible but he gave us too surprised and wow. Borland is very good his play develops too fast time than Bowman. Borland is best beasts tackle than Bowman. He can coverage and smart to read it. Bowman was playing in 2012 in 3 or 4 ranks defense and 2013 in 5th rank defense. Bowman played look ok.. I am honestly with you.

I am not huge fans of Bowman. I think, Wilhoite is better plays than Bowman because Wilhoite have a smart defense, good to read and good tackle and good coverage and plus good affect our defense.

Funny stuff!
[ Edited by OneMoreRing on Nov 17, 2014 at 10:58 AM ]
  • thl408
And of course that guy makes a post and this thread takes a turn down s**tville.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Hey Marvin49...

I want to question for you.

Tell me. What do you think which is better defense by Borland and Wilhoite V.S. Bowman and Brooks?.. If you can explain it? Or you can't explains then I will explains.

...I'm not sure I understand the question...or why it's relevant.

Are you asking who I'd like to see as the ILBs? Borland and Wilhoite V.S. Bowman and Brooks?

My answer is option 3, Borland and Bowman.

Brooks? Why would I play him over Borland? He's never even played ILB in SF and he was so good in Cincy they released him. I know he played there in college, but Borland has been a monster.

Not quite sure why this is a question. Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding the question.

I am honestly with you.

Did you really say you think Wilhoite is better then Bowman?

Yes. Wilhoite is really good fix our team defense and good opportunity a defense. He is good share our defensw than selfish. I am interested it because I liked it. Bowman is kinda selfish and don't have affect our defense. Bowman did played for us in 2012 for 3 or 4 ranks defense and 2013 for 5th ranks defense. I knew it. I am sure that Bowman is kinda selfish if you don't noticed it. I already eyes on Bowman played ok. I am honestly.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Hey Marvin49...

I want to question for you.

Tell me. What do you think which is better defense by Borland and Wilhoite V.S. Bowman and Brooks?.. If you can explain it? Or you can't explains then I will explains.

...I'm not sure I understand the question...or why it's relevant.

Are you asking who I'd like to see as the ILBs? Borland and Wilhoite V.S. Bowman and Brooks?

My answer is option 3, Borland and Bowman.

Brooks? Why would I play him over Borland? He's never even played ILB in SF and he was so good in Cincy they released him. I know he played there in college, but Borland has been a monster.

Not quite sure why this is a question. Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding the question.

I am honestly with you.

Did you really say you think Wilhoite is better then Bowman?

Yes. Wilhoite is really good fix our team defense and good opportunity a defense. He is good share our defensw than selfish. I am interested it because I liked it. Bowman is kinda selfish and don't have affect our defense. Bowman did played for us in 2012 for 3 or 4 ranks defense and 2013 for 5th ranks defense. I knew it. I am sure that Bowman is kinda selfish if you don't noticed it. I already eyes on Bowman played ok. I am honestly.

Lets just agree to disagree and move on. This thing can go south in a hurry.

Somebody needs to take your keyboard away
BuzzB28,
Now I really think you're doing this for your own entertainment! I'm not sure what you're watching this year or even remember about Bowman's play the last couple years. I don't know that you'll find ANYONE that thinks Wilhoite is better than Bowman. As I watched our superb defense yesterday, I saw one small weak spot... and that was Wilhoite.

Marvin49,
Anyway, nice analysis. I did not see the early part of the game so I didn't see Gore's fumble. Was it comical? I only heard a news recap on the radio and the commentary made it seem the play was... befuddling. Was the weather a factor? (rain, wet, etc) Just wondering if the field/ball was wet and was causing all the ball-handling issues.
[ Edited by cortana49 on Nov 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM ]
1) Kap: Rough game for #7. Didn't make the killer mistake, didn't make the superhuman play...but thankfully he didn't need to. He was scattershot all day. At times I wondered if the cold was bothering him as it seemed he didn't have command of where the ball was going, but he's played in far, far colder weather.

There were a couple drops and a few where I think the receiver could have made a better effort (I'm looking at you Vernon), but Kap was inaccurate on a number of his throws yesterday.

Kap did make a few really nice passes (TD to Crab for one), but as it has been all year, just seemed like they can't consistently sustain anything long enough to punch the ball into the endzone (more on that later).

2) Borland: Godsend. I keep thinking THIS will be the week he comes back down to earth.,..but it hasn't happened yet. A kid with his physical limitations just shouldn't be producing like he is...but he continues to do so week after week. So smart, so quick, so tough, so instinctual. GREAT pick by Baalke.

3) Lynch: Seems like I'm talking about this guy every week. Another big game. "Long Levers" as Baalke would say. My hope is just that Lynch takes this offseason much more seriously than he did in college because he'll be counted on far more next season than he was early this season. He has some serious potential as a pass rusher and MAN does it looks good when there is someone eating up blockers on the other side. Speaking of that other side...

4) Aldon: Looked a bit slow to start as he was getting his feet under him, but started to round into form. Should have had a sack or at least intentional grounding at the end there. There was at least one play where Aldon was TRIPLE teamed. Offenses very aware of where he is and are accounting for him. That is good news for Lynch and everyone else on that front.

5) Brooks: I really don't know what to make of this. If he really did pout and refuse to re-enter the game as has been reported, there is a part of me that wants him canned and out the door TODAY. No room for that. On the other hand, if Lynch or Aldon get hurt, Lemonier has shown zero ability to get to the QB this year. Either way, Brooks and his 7 Mil salary are gone next year. The writings on the wall on that one.

6) Fangio: No matter what happens to Harbaugh this offseason, Fangio cannot leave. It cannot be allowed. What he's doing this year without his biggest horses can't be overstated. Niners won that game yesterday on defense. The offense just couldn't get out of it's own way and the D just delivered the ball back time after time. How many times do you think an opposing QB throws FIVE INTs and his team loses by only 6 points and had a chance to win at the end?

7) Roman: As many of you know, I'm not nearly as hard on Roman as other are here...but I didn't like a number of calls in this game. Too much trying to fool someone and too little straight forward football. Not a fan of the planned runs by Kap. Not a fan of Vernon Davis running the ball. Somehow every flanker screen almost always gets picked off on this team. The redzone offense tho is the biggest problem. So hard to lay that on just one guys doorstep as so many have their hands on it, but I haven't liked the play calling at all of late when they get inside the 20.

8) Vernon: He just ain't right. That's all I can say. Dunno if it's physical or mental, but he just isn't the same. He seems to be moving OK, but I just don't see a lot of EFFORT trying to get to the ball. He's never been a "dive for it" type player, but he just seems to give up on the ball so easily and it looked to me at least form the TV angle that he had a shot for at least on of those throws that could have been a TD. The throws weren't perfect so Kap has a hand in that as well, but there is a chance Vernon, go get the damn ball. No room here to let chances pass you by.

9) "Things bad teams do": That last one is a bit problem I have watching games these days. The Niners let those chances slip through their fingers CONSTANTLY. They've been doing that all season. They just seem to do a lot of things that bad teams do. Kick field goals in the redzone. Fumble untouched. Consistently snap the ball off target in shotgun (come on Marcus). Miss open receivers. Miss blocking assignments let the unblocked guy kill your QB. It's WAY too late in the season and this teams coaching tenure for this crap to still be happening at this rate. I don't know what to make of it.

Through TEN full games this year, the Niners have yet to put together a consistent, beginning to end solid game. They always find some way to get their big toe squarely in their sights and start firing. The offense all season has been disjointed and incapable of sustaining anything. They have the talent...they just can never seem to put 4 quarters together. They need to start. NOW.

10) NFC West: Damn Cards just keep on winning. Maybe in the long run that's a good thing. I'd much rather play in Arizona in January than in Seattle. Problem is that getting one of those Wild Card spots ain't gonna be easy. Just keep winning tho. One game at a time. Its all they have control over.

As ugly as this game was (on offense anyway), it still counts as a W.

Hard to find fault with any of your points. As for Kap, he has yet to develop timing with his receivers where he releases the ball before or as they're making their breaks. And, his deep ball needs alot of work. Re number 9, I actually can't recall the last time we've put together a complete game, ever; at least with this current lineup/leadership. Can you? Anyway, good work.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Really disappointed in the offensive showing. I'll be sure to investigate that first thing once the all22 is available. 49ers were 0-2 in the red zone yesterday with one failure to score a TD when Gore/Kap fumbled. The other red zone chance started off poorly on the -7 read/option play on 1st and goal.

It seemed like the 49ers were a bit impatient yesterday with the passing game. They went for chunk plays when it felt like the short passing game was there for the taking. I thought the pass protection was good for the most part and Kap could have hit a bunch of underneath routes as the LBs started to sag into their zones. They flashed a stat during the game where the 49ers were 0-7 passing outside the numbers (on the field), and were doing very well when throwing inside the numbers. Yet they continued to go for chunk plays up the field, down the sidelines. It was as if they thought they should blow out NYG and tried to do that as quickly as possible. Forgetting that to hit big plays deep, they have to first hit little plays short.

Looking big picture, the 49ers did well to win on the road. Didn't look pretty, but to me, it didn't need to be. Now to bunker down and head into the homestretch with the only real road game left in SEA.

I'm looking forward to your breakdowns. What i will say about Mangenius as a TE coach. He sucks. The TE's are critical to this offense and his squad is under producing big time. I think that is why the red zone offense sucks and why there hasn't been a lot of offensive consistency. VD has regressed or he is badly injured and isn't telling anybody about it. If there is a problem on offense - it's pass protection. In the red zone they need to step up their performance.

Marvin, in moving on in this thread...what are your thoughts on teams that put together a game plan against the Niners O like yesterday, where the Giants stack the box or give looks to try to stop the running game and force the Niners to pass...and where the Niners still struggle in being able to pass effectively though there are openings for it (yesterday it was termed a "soft middle" of the field for passing as the Giants' CBs are tough defending the outside passes)? They don't always struggle with this but against good D coordinators, they can really have trouble getting the passing game going...it's harder to understand this year when you have Boldin, Crabtree, S. Johnson (thought he'd do more yesterday), Lloyd, V. Davis, McDonald, and then Gore, Hyde, and Miller out of the backfield all able to catch the ball. I know the bottom line is you have to execute (not drop passes, run proper routes, deliver the ball on time and accurately, get pass protection, etc.)...do you think it's more the passing scheme the Niners are running? It's difficult to figure out this year with all the pass-catching weapons (it seems). Whatever it is, they need to get it in gear as the season continues to keep opposing defenses off balance.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Nov 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM ]
Buzz is trolling. I've always been back and forth on whether he was another full time poster with a second account, maybe like Chaz. His posts in this thread kinda confirm he's trolling.

On the subject of the topic, the offense laid an egg yet again. It's predictable and still runs way too many slow developing plays. Still no fourth quarter touchdowns ten games in. I am very thankful for Fangio and his defense, without him, this team would be a NFC South looking mess. If we make the playoffs at all this year, it will be despite Roman and his offense. I sincerely hope a change is made at OC and offensive philosophy this off season, this offense is hard to watch.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Marvin, in moving on in this thread...what are your thoughts on teams that put together a game plan against the Niners O like yesterday, where the Giants stack the box or give looks to try to stop the running game and force the Niners to pass...and where the Niners still struggle in being able to pass effectively though there are openings for it (yesterday it was termed a "soft middle" of the field for passing as the Giants' CBs are tough defending the outside passes)? They don't always struggle with this but against good D coordinators, they can really have trouble getting the passing game going...it's harder to understand this year when you have Boldin, Crabtree, S. Johnson (thought he'd do more yesterday), Lloyd, V. Davis, McDonald, and then Gore, Hyde, and Miller out of the backfield all able to catch the ball. I know the bottom line is you have to execute (not drop passes, run proper routes, deliver the ball on time and accurately, get pass protection, etc.)...do you think it's more the passing scheme the Niners are running? It's difficult to figure out this year with all the pass-catching weapons (it seems). Whatever it is, they need to get it in gear as the season continues to keep opposing defenses off balance.

Of course it's the scheme. What other team looks like ours on Offense? 4 years going strong too same crappy problems. Bad execution of a bad system is still a bad system.
Originally posted by OneMoreRing:

Somebody needs to take your keyboard away

OK, this HAS to be a fake account. No WAY this is real. NO WAY! Who is this?
Hey guys.. Relaxing it.. it is my opinion fact at all. Relax and relax guys.. Smh..
Share 49ersWebzone