LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

WEEK 16 Pointspread / 9ers by 3 over SD!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
I am confused again.

Didn't the season end after we lost to the Rams?

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I just want to know who should we cheer for in the Seattle Arizona game?

At this point Zona, unless you really think they will drop 5 straight. They pretty much have the division locked up baring a monumental collapse. We need the NFC division winners to keep winning and increase our standings for the wildcard.

Agreed. I'd rather face Cards in AZ than have to face Cawks 3 times (I prefer they miss the playoffs by our hands when we meet twice).

We've beaten the Cards in their house. TBH, they have been fortunate to overcome all their missing pieces so far, but come playoffs I really think it will catch up to them (we could be the ones to unseat that ass).

Having Borland playing at a high level and getting Aldon back is huge. Dial / Tank / Johnson (more depth) is working out at the right time. Dorsey on the way back and Bowman / Williams can be a go for the playoffs (or sooner).

Now, if only the offense...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I am confused again.

Didn't the season end after we lost to the Rams?

LOL no... after we loss to the bears
Originally posted by verb1der:
do you guys have any idea how hard it is to "win out"? it's almost impossible.

We were 6-4 last season and won out

...in the regular season
[ Edited by swayze on Nov 16, 2014 at 11:00 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IEAD:
I think there's still a shot at the division. We should hope Arizona loses to Seattle. The Niners need to take care of Seattle to have a shot at the playoffs since we play them twice.

In other words, hope Seattle beats Arizona and then we take care of Seattle later.

The Cards can't really afford anymore injuries... especially on the oline. They don't really have anyone to back up DS at QB. I think that all their luck (over coming injuries, players to FA / suspension and lucky bounces) will come to a screeching halt in the playoffs.

Of course, this is wishful thinking on my part
Let's hope Seattle and Arizona tie
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IEAD:
I think there's still a shot at the division. We should hope Arizona loses to Seattle. The Niners need to take care of Seattle to have a shot at the playoffs since we play them twice.

In other words, hope Seattle beats Arizona and then we take care of Seattle later.

Exactly, and Seattle's DL is so weak now I'm starting to think we'll sweep them.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Let's hope Seattle and Arizona tie

I was thinking of that earlier when I checked the schedules, lol... then have Cards go on to lose 3 games while we win out. We'd win the division by beating Cawks twice and win the tie breaker with the Cards
  • BobS
  • Veteran
It would be quite possible to finish 5-1 and end up San Fransisco 11-5
Russell Wilson has been exposed Seattle has a tough schedule Seattle 10-6
Green Bay, is playing well and schedule isn't hard Green Bay 12-4 (Division Winner)
Detroit, falling off has 2-3 losses on the horizon Detroit 10-6 or 11-5 (If 11-5 they would likely own tie breaker better NFC record)
Dallas, two games with Philly one with Indy Dallas 11-5 (We own the tie breaker head to head)
Philly, two games with Dallas, Seattle at home Philadelphia 12-4 (Division winner, if 11-5 we would have the tie breaker head to head)
Arizona, tough schedule but 3-3 get them the division Arizona 12-4 (Division winner)
Best team in NFC South is 4-6 no wild card competition there. Atlanta or New Orleans 8-8 (Division Winner)

That is what I got 11-5 and wild card 5th or 6th seed. Whomever does the best predicting can bump this thread in 6 weeks and gloat.
Originally posted by BobS:
It would be quite possible to finish 5-1 and end up San Fransisco 11-5
Russell Wilson has been exposed Seattle has a tough schedule Seattle 10-6
Green Bay, is playing well and schedule isn't hard Green Bay 12-4 (Division Winner)
Detroit, falling off has 2-3 losses on the horizon Detroit 10-6 or 11-5 (If 11-5 they would likely own tie breaker better NFC record)
Dallas, two games with Philly one with Indy Dallas 11-5 (We own the tie breaker head to head)
Philly, two games with Dallas, Seattle at home Philadelphia 12-4 (Division winner, if 11-5 we would have the tie breaker head to head)
Arizona, tough schedule but 3-3 get them the division Arizona 12-4 (Division winner)
Best team in NFC South is 4-6 no wild card competition there. Atlanta or New Orleans 8-8 (Division Winner)

That is what I got 11-5 and wild card 5th or 6th seed. Whomever does the best predicting can bump this thread in 6 weeks and gloat.

This. Only better scenario is if we matched the Cards and won the tie breaker. This team knows how to stand up at the end of the season to make a deep playoff push.
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Nov 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM ]

First seed Arizona
Second seed Green Bay
Third seed Dallas
Fourth seed New Orleans
Fifth seed San Francisco
Sixth seed Detroit

BOOK IT!!
With respect to AZ:

If we beat the Redskins, Raiders and Chargers, equal their division record, and beat them head to head in week 17 and end up with the same record, that would be some interesting tie breaker to sort out.

Of all the common opponents, the Cards have gone 4-0 against NFC East and 2-1 against AFC West (they still need to play KC).

If KC beats the Cards and we finish off the common opponents with wins, that would be huge as that would be a one game lead. Then we'd have to make sure they lose at least once to the Rams probably to make sure the division record is the same.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
First seed Arizona
Second seed Green Bay
Third seed Dallas
Fourth seed New Orleans
Fifth seed San Francisco
Sixth seed Detroit

BOOK IT!!

If that's the case, a rematch of Saints in their ghey ass dome.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Nov 16, 2014 at 11:46 PM ]
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Cards will lose at least 3 games!
It has been a rough season. Just prey that somehow we get in to the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone