LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Fangio For Head Coach Next Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't think Fangio will be our next head coach...I'm not sure who will be, but I see Baalke bringing in someone from the outside. Could be someone like Pep Hamilton, Adam Gase, possibly Todd Bowles. Could be someone else, who knows. I like Fangio as a DC, but depending on who the next head coach is, he could be gone, as well.
How could you NOT be a great DC with all the 49ers talent on defense?
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
How could you NOT be a great DC with all the 49ers talent on defense?

Please. All that "talent" was doing exactly dick before Fangio got here. And a good chunk of that talent was hurt this year and he still fielded a top-five defense. Whatever your feelings on Fangio as a HC, let's be clear: he's done nothing short of plan excellent job since he's been here.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
No thanks to Vic as HC.

IMO, a new HC will probably want his own guys in there when he starts.

the more reason why to keep fangio as the coach. WE NEED VIC HERE. If he wants the job, it is his IMO. He can hire tresman, the former hc of the bears, to run the offense.
JIM MORA JR.
Originally posted by bors:
Originally posted by insanemike27:
please enlighten me with what DC in this league could have done what Fangio and staff has done with what they had to work with this year?

What's the name of that guy in Arizona

Oh yeah, what's his name from Arizona with the 24th ranked defense. Is that the guy you're referring to?
Well, Vic seems to be a lifer...one of those straight-shooters who isn't going to B.S. his players and clearly, they respond to him defensively whether you are Bethea or McFadden. That's basically Bill Belichick-like and that is something Baalke loves.

I'm actually totally cool with this move as long as we bring in a real OC and install the WCO.

Personally, I'd prefer to keep the defense as it is and hire a HC/OC in the mold of a QB/offensive "teacher" but that could still be done with the right OC.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well, Vic seems to be a lifer...one of those straight-shooters who isn't going to B.S. his players and clearly, they respond to him defensively whether you are Bethea or McFadden. That's basically Bill Belichick-like and that is something Baalke loves.

I'm actually totally cool with this move as long as we bring in a real OC and install the WCO.

Personally, I'd prefer to keep the defense as it is and hire a HC/OC in the mold of a QB/offensive "teacher" but that could still be done with the right OC.

totally agree. Having Vic as the HC and bringing in an effective OC would be good with me. Vic would still have his stamp on the D. This would be like the blue print in NE.

I with you on this NC. Fangio as HC and keep the d as productive as it's been, and add a WCO knowledgeable OC. Kubiak comes to mind. Maybe even Trestman. I think either would be a good OC.
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Dec 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ShutYoMouthDeion:
JIM MORA JR.
that makes one of you who thinks that

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:

totally agree. Having Vic as the HC and bringing in an effective OC would be good with me. Vic would still have his stamp on the D. This would be like the blue print in NE.

safe choice, we can do better
Share 49ersWebzone