LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Fangio For Head Coach Next Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sign me up!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
WR - Been vacant for at least 10 years.

lol might as well have been. Being drafted by us as a WR is pretty much the kiss of death.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
NO OFFENCE TO HIM, but i rather have harbaugh. But can we please get rid of roman?

You don`t understand that it is Harbs Offense that Roman is calling,Harbs has to go first in order to get rid of Roman.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Fangio as HC
Donnatel as DC (creates decent NFL secondary with community college athletes)
Tomsula as DL coach but will become "Assistant HC"

OC - Vacant
RB - Rathman
QB - Vacant
TE - Vacant
OL - Vacant
WR - Been vacant for at least 10 years.

on point...vacated the last 10 years LOL
Fangio as Head Coach would be fine by me but I kinda prefer an NFL Offensive Guru and Keep Fanfio as DC.
He makes a fantastic DC and I hope we keep him there.
Originally posted by deviledEgg:

Translation = Go get your parents checkbook Jed.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
Originally posted by deviledEgg:

Translation = Go get your parents checkbook Jed.

YUP!
He might want to keep Roman though. He is a defensive minded coach so he is going to want to run the same offense. If we got a new coach, i would want him to be more like chip kelly who masterminds a offense but also has a stout defense.

But this is all BS...I think if harbaugh can take this injury ridden team deep into the playoffs and possibly the SB, he isnt going anywhere. If we dont make the playoffs, i can see him gone only in the case that Baalke has a better option in mind. I dont think they would fire harbuahg without having someone who they have already been conspiring with to take over
I do not think he could do a worse job than haroman on offense so why not give it to him.

Harbaugh needs to remain our head coach period. Don't mind a different oc though. But harbaugh is and should remain our head coach!
Hell no But we should give him a deal that keeps him here regardless if JH is here or not, even if its for HC money. Fangio has shown his worth. Does anyone really think that Greg Roman could coach around the caliber of loss that Fangio has had to? Can you imagine if the offense lost Kaep, Boldin, and Gore ( the functional equivalent of Willis, Bowman, and Aldon)? Our offense is struggling WITH major pieces in place. Hell, our offense cannot score more than 16 points despite Fangio's D handing the offense 5 INT's.

No Fangio should not be HC. He should stay at DC. If JH isn't here net season ( I hope he is, but BUT ROMAN) I say we give Fangio HC money to stay and make it crystal clear to any HC we hire that Fangio is the HC of the D and he isn't to be touched or second guessed by anyone.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Ridiculous thread.

I remember a lot of fans used to get really frustrated with Mooch and his conservative offense. The typical knee jerk reaction was to get rid of him. They had no idea what life without Mooch would be like until it happened and the Dark Age of 49er football began.

Want to go back there? Fire Harbaugh...yes, it's just that easy.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Question is...will Fangio step on Harbs by taking his job? There too much loyalty there I think. I know harbs wants his coordinators to get HC jobs but I don't think he'd want his coorindators to take his job.
Share 49ersWebzone