LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Fangio For Head Coach Next Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
IIRC he doesn't want to be a head coach nor is he built for it. If anyone on this staff is promoted it should be Tomsula, end of discussion. Fangio is quickly becoming one of the biggest reasons to keep Harbaugh if he doesn't fire Roman. The work he has done with the defense this year is amazing and underrated by both fans and the general public alike.

This. I've never seen Fangio as the head coach type. He's an excellent coordinator and has done a great job. Not everyone is cut out to be a head coach, even if they a hard time accepting that........*cough* Norv *cough*..........
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
IIRC he doesn't want to be a head coach nor is he built for it. If anyone on this staff is promoted it should be Tomsula, end of discussion. Fangio is quickly becoming one of the biggest reasons to keep Harbaugh if he doesn't fire Roman. The work he has done with the defense this year is amazing and underrated by both fans and the general public alike.

This. I've never seen Fangio as the head coach type. He's an excellent coordinator and has done a great job. Not everyone is cut out to be a head coach, even if they a hard time accepting that........*cough* Norv *cough*..........
I think Fangio is excellent. But Harbaugh is our coach. I'd be in favor of making Fangio the highest paid DC, along with a new deal for Garbs
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Biggest mistake was letting shanahan go.

Right, the 49ers should have fired a coach that just had won his 2nd Superbowl in favor of the team's short term OC.........

Who also failed in his first stint as head coach.

Too much revisionist history going on. The front office/drafting was the downfall of George Seifert.

As for Fangio being HC, absolutely not. We'll see if Harbaugh does the right thing when the season ends. Four years, the same problems, even with clear upgrades all across the board. Chilo Rachal and Adam Snyder aren't out there blocking, yet we still can't pass protect. Brett Swain and Kyle Williams are not out there at receiver, yet we still can't move the ball through the air with consistency. Roman's gotta go.
  • Veteran
JH is our coach and should be for many years to come.
What if we lose Fangio? Scary thought.
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Nov 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by 190836:
JH is our coach and should be for many years to come.

I want it to be true… but Ill only believe it if he changes up his coaching staff in the short term.

Many knew that it was only a matter of time before Roman got exposed, but what are people's thoughts of Seely?

He was once regarded as one of the best ST coaches but this year we have seen some insane special teams blunders and Im not talking about the botched snap today. The special teams just seem flat, from blocked FGs to horrible blocking on many punt attempts. Again, this has nothing to do with the botched snap FG today, but more about how it seemed almost every punt was blocked and throughout the year the ST blocking has just looked sloppy allowing free rushers through.
double
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Nov 16, 2014 at 6:03 PM ]
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
What if we lose Fangio? Scary thought.

I think he just signed a contract extension or got a raise ?
Fangio to HC, Tomsula to DC, let Baalke pick the OC.

I think he'd be like Ray Rhodes.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Fangio to HC, Tomsula to DC, let Baalke pick the OC.

Fangio not cut out to be a DC. If anything I would promote Tomsula to HC, keep Fangio at DC and let Ballke bring in an OC.
Fangio's name is mentioned by many as the best DC in the league. However, an OC is much more coveted for the HC position given the way the game is played today.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Fangio wants to win a SB (as) a DC for now... Roman and partially Harbs is not helping with the offense and play calling the way that it is. The whole entire offense (coaches / players) need to take their game to the same level as the defense if we're gonna win out and/or make the playoffs. We'll see who the HC when the season is over (hopefully with a another ring).
Yaeh, we need to fire Harbaugh. Guy took over a losing team and has coached it to 4 straight winning seasons. 3 championship games and a superbowl plus whatever happens if we make the playoffs this year. Would be 2 superbowls if Kyle Williams doesn't muff 2 punts. What a loser.

Reality check. Let's not have a short memory. Do you remember this team before Harbaugh came in?

Kap didn't have his best game. On 1 play he dropped back, had a ton of time and threw the ball deep to Vance McDonald who was double covered. With all that time he couldn't locate another receiver who was more open? I wonder how many times receivers had been open in our terrible offense but Kap just didn't look their way? I wonder what our offense would be like if Tom brady were running it or Aaron Rodgers. It might not all be the offense or the OC. Some of this could be the execution by the players. Dropped passes forcing punts. Gore fumbles. We lose a possession on an onside kick. Open recievers not seen or thrown to. Kap loses big yards on a keeper and stalls a drive when if he handed the ball off we would at least have gotten a couple of yards and maybe more, bad decision.

Share 49ersWebzone