LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Does Borland have a shot at DROY?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • HERN
  • Veteran
he has a shot, but I doubt he wins. At this point, I figure the rookie that has made a name for himself ( Anthony Barr ) will win.

The only chance Borland has is if we get him on a subway commercial.
Originally posted by Jcool:
I think what will hurt Borland is Lynch is having a really good year and might take some votes away from Borland.

Borland has a good shot at winning Rookie of the Week (although Evans had a huge game)...

The recognition will start to snowball...
I don't think so but it doesn't matter. As long as he's the rookie who is playing the best is that matters
Can't wait to see him with Bowman, specifically without Wilhoite lol. Another awesome game by this kid
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This guy has more tackles in 4 games than any LB up to this entire point of the season. That's insane.

That's Borland. That's how he rolls.

The HATERS look pretty rediculous at this point. They really got exposed.
If this dude continues to improve / impress each and every week like he has... hells yeah, his name will definitely come up by the media (at the least).
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Very Doubtful. Ronnie Lott helped lead the 49ers to a superbowl win after a 6-10 record the previous year. I think he scored 4 defensive TD's that season and he didn't win it.

There are other rookies who will have 16 starts and more media coverage than Borland. Even if he averages 15 tackles a start he still would be a long shot.

Yeah, but it was LT, a truly transcendent player at OLB

Doesn't matter. Ronnie Lott was a truly transcendent player as well and had a better year. How many times has a defender scored 4 TD's in a year? But Taylor played in NY and that helps. Borland will be up against players with 16 starts and from bigger media centers.

2014 JJ Watt 4TD (so far)
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
That still shocks me...zero votes for Bowman.

LMAO!
With the way Borland is playing i wonder what the starting LB's look like next seasom with both Willis and Bowman back. Kinda hard to put this kid back on the bench if he keeps up at this pace. Maybe move him to OLB.
The NFL has a habit of voting white linebackers with a lot of tackles as DROY... Borland has a great chance.

Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
The NFL has a habit of voting white linebackers with a lot of tackles as DROY... Borland has a great chance.
LOL! Borland looks every bit worthy regardless. White black blue or purple the kid is balling! He has been a game changer
  • dj43
2 picks and 3 tackles for a loss among his other tackles is certainly going to get him some notice again this week. I doubt all that will be enough to overcome Mosely but he is certainly going to be in the conversation at this pace.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
LOL! Borland looks every bit worthy regardless. White black blue or purple the kid is balling! He has been a game changer

Without a doubt he's been unbelievable. Not just his play, but the energy he brings.
[ Edited by DontSitOnTheHood on Nov 16, 2014 at 5:05 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
2 picks and 3 tackles for a loss among his other tackles is certainly going to get him some notice again this week. I doubt all that will be enough to overcome Mosely but he is certainly going to be in the conversation at this pace.

Why do people make it sound like Mosley is some incredible beast of a linebacker..........Borland has almost equaled his stats in 4 starts.
Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Very Doubtful. Ronnie Lott helped lead the 49ers to a superbowl win after a 6-10 record the previous year. I think he scored 4 defensive TD's that season and he didn't win it.

There are other rookies who will have 16 starts and more media coverage than Borland. Even if he averages 15 tackles a start he still would be a long shot.

Yeah, but it was LT, a truly transcendent player at OLB

Doesn't matter. Ronnie Lott was a truly transcendent player as well and had a better year. How many times has a defender scored 4 TD's in a year? But Taylor played in NY and that helps. Borland will be up against players with 16 starts and from bigger media centers.

2014 JJ Watt 4TD (so far)

Does that include any on offense?

Dude is and increadible player. HOF talent and a vet. He will probably win defensive player of the year. Lott did it all on defense and as a rookie. He also helped turn around the worst secondary in the league and make it the best and win the superbowl all as a rookie.
Share 49ersWebzone