LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Draft Class Review (2010 - 2014)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Balke choked it with Ward & AJJ. Balke hit with A Davis somewhat, reid & Aldon. Im mentioning only 1st rounders.

I think it's too early to write off Ward. One, I think he's overhated here. He's been starting for us all year for a reason: he's a capable player who can handle the position. Also, he's just a rookie. Not every player is Eric Reid their first year. If he's healthy next year, I bet he'll come back much more refined and prepared. Also remember that he's not playing his natural position

Well judging by Ward's rookie year, he absolutely Stunk! he repeatedly got wasted for how many TD passes and completions? And he failed to make or create ONE single turnover. That to me is Not a good start for a rookie 1st round pick whom himself was surprised he was a 1st round pick.

Jed needs to really sit down after the season and re-evaluate the GM position. Balk has had more then his share of draft picks NOT contribute the last 2 or 3 drafts.

Several of those TDs aren't entirely his fault. And I'd have to look up the stats, but I don't believe he was regularly allowing completions. Sure he didn't cause any turnovers, but there's more to playing DB than interceptions. He made several good tackles and at times was unheard from during games (during which I assume he was covering his assignment so well that he wasn't being targeted). Also, let's be realistic. 30th pick in the draft, while being a first rounder, is not going to necessarily be an elite talent, especially right away. Remember that he played SS at NIU, so he's been starting for a championship calibre team at one of the hardest positions as a rookie! I think we need to check our expectations a little bit.
Well judging by Ward's rookie year, he absolutely Stunk! he repeatedly got wasted for how many TD passes and completions? And he failed to make or create ONE single turnover. That to me is Not a good start for a rookie 1st round pick whom himself was surprised he was a 1st round pick.

Jed needs to really sit down after the season and re-evaluate the GM position. Balk has had more then his share of draft picks NOT contribute the last 2 or 3 drafts.

Seriously!

Ok time for your perspective, rather than just more "Baalke busts" crap. What share of draft picks, in a strong roster, do you expect to contribute?

Right now from 2014 we are looking at Hyde, Martin, Borland, Lynch for a start. Ward's season is over and Thomas is on IR. So, what are your expectations here?

2012 is accepted as a bust year. So, 2911, 13 and 14. Expectations please.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You think Kap is a 10/10 franchise QB

For a lawyer your reading comprehension kinda sucks.

He said that getting a franchise QB, a starting QB in the second is 10/10 value.

You think a starting QB and a franchise QB are the same thing?

Would you like to reevaluate your view of Kap after yesterday's abortion of a performance?
Would you like to reevaluate your view of Kap after yesterday's abortion of a performance?

Nope, I dont make my decisions on a reactionary basis. Am I shocked that he struggled, not really, I cant think of many QBs that could succeed in this current abortion of an offense, not even your personal hero, Checkdown Alex.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Nope, I dont make my decisions on a reactionary basis. Am I shocked that he struggled, not really, I cant think of many QBs that could succeed in this current abortion of an offense, not even your personal hero, Checkdown Alex.

Yeah, Alex didn't play very well when he beat the Seahawks the last 5 times he's played them.
You think Kap is a 10/10 franchise QB

Bump for the lulz
Share 49ersWebzone