LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

**Guide to watching Niner games on the internet**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Oscar:
Yes, you can. There are two services that people on the board have tried.

1) Stream TV Now
Stream TV Now is a pay-site service. Its $3.85 bucks for one month or $11.56 for 3 months. They say that they play abot "90% of all regular season games." So far Niner fans have been a little frustrated because the preseason games have not been broadcast live. They did broadcast the NFL network replay. Fans have said that in the past, they have seen all of the 49er games with this service.

A benefit to this service is that you can record the games with streamripper, and the quality is generally pretty good. If you have a mac though, you can only see a few streams - those that are broadcast in the x264 codec.

2) TVU Player

This is a FREE player that, supposedly, has an office in the bay area. As such, it broadcasts the local CBS boradcast which carries the 49er preseason games. Since it uses Bay Area broadcasts, all 49er games should be shown either on the Fox channel or the CBS channel. It also has some other channels including HBO and ESPN.

The benefit to this service is that it's free. However, the quality for the Bears game was atrocious. As far as I know, you cannot record games from the TVU player. And it is NOT compatible with the Mac OS.

3) Sopcast
Sopcast is also a player much like TVU where they have different channels to watch different stations. You need to download the Sopcast player and pick a channel. You can find the weekly schedule of sports events here.

4) TvAnts
A player much like TVU and Sopcast. People seem to have had success watching some preseason games there so far.

If you have updates, links, or additions on a weekly basis, please post them in this thread. Additional threads posted will be locked or merged into this one.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
http://www.justin.tv/kostatz
I'm pretty sure the guy who does that site said he will have 49er games throughout the season. He had the raider game last week and it worked very well

EDIT: Just checked on his site and he says he WILL have the game
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I did some research last night and found that the game will be shown on TVU Saturday evening at 6pm Pacific.
justin tv usually has alot of nfl games showing usually
Originally posted by Ang:

4) TvAnts
A player much like TVU and Sopcast. People seem to have had success watching some preseason games there so far.

If you have updates, links, or additions on a weekly basis, please post them in this thread. Additional threads posted will be locked or merged into this one.

how do i find channels for this thing
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Aug 16, 2008 at 1:10 AM ]
does anyone know what channel the game is on at tvants? just downloaded but have no idea on how to find the game
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Ang:

4) TvAnts

how do i find channels for this thing

Links to games that get streamed on tvants can be found on Sportstalkworld & MyP2P.
also its on http://www.channelsurfing.net/
it worked really good last week
  • TheHitman85
  • Info N/A
when the game does come on and ur able to view it online via one of those listed means, make sure u post a heads up for the rest of us niner fans : ) thanks (ahead of time)

Last time I downloaded TvAnts it was soooo laggy.
i think that myp2p.eu site has a link to the game as well
I love you Ang. Thank you for supplying us with the links.
Tonight's game will be on TVU - CBS.
just go to justin tv.com and you'll see in there.
Share 49ersWebzone