LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

49ers/Fan Relationship

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll take secretive and good over knowing everything about the organization and sucking. People need to stop taking the Harbaugh/Baalke regime for granted.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
its just you
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Is it just me or is this the most I have ever felt in terms of being detached from the teams' player personalities or overall Fan access to the team?

In the Jim Harbaugh era, I see the 49ers more as a corporation end results rather than seeing the personality of the players who make up the team. This team has gotten more and more distant from the fans in the last 20 years.

It all started out with moving TC from Rocklin to Santa Clara. Then, of course, having a terrible product during the Nolan era but there was still a little semblance of player access.

With Jim Harbaugh, it seems like the fans get absolutely nothing. Players have no personalities or do not display their personalities much. Honestly, I would love to have a guy like Richard Sherman on the 49ers mainly because he speaks his mind and isn't a robot.

We'll have a white QB again someday...will you love the team again then?
Is it just me or is this the most I have ever felt in terms of being detached from the teams' player personalities or overall Fan access to the team?

In the Jim Harbaugh era, I see the 49ers more as a corporation end results rather than seeing the personality of the players who make up the team. This team has gotten more and more distant from the fans in the last 20 years.

It all started out with moving TC from Rocklin to Santa Clara. Then, of course, having a terrible product during the Nolan era but there was still a little semblance of player access.

With Jim Harbaugh, it seems like the fans get absolutely nothing. Players have no personalities or do not display their personalities much. Honestly, I would love to have a guy like Richard Sherman on the 49ers mainly because he speaks his mind and isn't a robot.

gobble gobble jive turkey
If you can't closer to the 49ers then you say, then that's on you...especially this day in age
Originally posted by kray28:

We'll have a white QB again someday...will you love the team again then?

Why would I do that? I didn't like the previous one.
Bring back the Joe Show
Originally posted by Niners418:
I'll take secretive and good over knowing everything about the organization and sucking. People need to stop taking the Harbaugh/Baalke regime for granted.

Exactly

If you want reality TV watch The Bachelor, or Survivor with Jimmy Johnson.

If you want to see football games, tune in Sunday. Feel free to skip over all commercials and talking head commentary using a DVR.

The product is on the field. Nothing any player says or does makes me feel better if they lose, and if they win I am so stoked and really don't need the players to talk smack or act like idiots like Richard Sherman. I don't get your post at all
[ Edited by OneMoreRing on Nov 11, 2014 at 6:27 PM ]

If you want to get to know the players then use Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. But the players are looking out for themselves over all else. I can't blame them for not wanting to know the fans better, too many loonies out there. Might get stabbed, accused of rape or something. Then the commish will probably suspend them for nothing.

If you want more info about the team, practices etc, too bad. You can blame Belicheat for spying.
Harbaugh almost never hangs out with me at my house.
drop by and see vernon at his jamba juice
Lol! You guys think this is about wanting players to talk in the media or wanting them to be more on the fake reality that is Twitter and whatever other mobile device fad there is.

This about the fan experience. You want fans of your team to experience de the team, the. Bring back a Rocklin training camp or even at some other place that allows fans to experience the team and players that are the 49ers. I know free agency doesn't make it easy but every team has a select few that have a long tenure on the team.
Jim's attire doesn't wow me one bit, but I am a fan of some of the secrecy... screw the media (especially social media).

We need a Super Bowl win ASAP!
Share 49ersWebzone