LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

We went to Crabtree in the clutch and it worked...have we turned a corner?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

We went to Crabtree in the clutch and it worked...have we turned a corner?

Originally posted by JE4931:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
What is it - 1 out of 100?

1 out of 5 (Super Bowl, NFCCG, Bears game, Rams game & last game against the Saints)... 20% success rate so far!!

I guess he'll only ask for 10 M a season now.
This was just blown coverage on the Saints.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
He was wide open and I still expected him to drop it. I'll call it a turned corner when he makes a play like that with a defender in the same area code.

1 out of 5 (Super Bowl, NFCCG, Bears game, Rams game & last game against the Saints)... 20% success rate so far!!

He'll be lucky to get that.
Crabs was a great college receiver and a second option in the pros.
lol we went to Crabs because the Saints terrible secondary forgot about him. He was the 3rd option on that play.
the backshoulder fade will work this time, i swear
If our problem is that we have "too many" playmakers then why are we focusing on going to Crabtree in the clutch. He didn't go to him per say, but found him open. I think we need to do more with Boldin and Johnson inside the redzone which I'm sure most will agree with. The biggestr thing is to catch the damn ball.
No..That play was pure improvisation by Kap. He avoided a sack and saw the coverage breakdown deep on the other side of the field. There was a degree of luck to it.
Originally posted by 951NINER:

He'll be lucky to get that.

I was being sarcastic.

That said, IMO - he thinks he's worth that and will pursue the highest bidder in FA.

Frankly, if I were him I'd do the same thing - that's the smart move.

Our money could easily be spent elsewhere.

Stevie Johnson! I want to get his jersey
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for Geeked.
I was being sarcastic.

That said, IMO - he thinks he's worth that and will pursue the highest bidder in FA.

I agree. Fact is, his next contract will be his best of the remaining in his career. I'm not sure what he's making now, but he better be prepared for $6M / year max territory. Anything more than that will be a cut friendly contract with little guarantee.

And no team is going to ignore that he's playing 75 to 80 percent of the games he's being paid. This guy gets hurt and those injuries are all below the waist.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
YESSSSSS another Crabtree thread, just what we need....

Lol
Originally posted by Geeked:
I was being sarcastic.

I agree. Fact is, his next contract will be his best of the remaining in his career. I'm not sure what he's making now, but he better be prepared for $6M / year max territory. Anything more than that will be a cut friendly contract with little guarantee.

And no team is going to ignore that he's playing 75 to 80 percent of the games he's being paid. This guy gets hurt and those injuries are all below the waist.

Yes indeed.

He's in for a wake up call in FA.

However, there will be some team[s] w/plenty of cap money that may take a gamble.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol we went to Crabs because the Saints terrible secondary forgot about him. He was the 3rd option on that play.

this.

boldin is 10 times more clutch than crab will ever be. i wish bolding was 27
Share 49ersWebzone