LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Wheres the love for the oline today?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Re-watching the game on nfl rewind right now...they were moving the los very effectively in the run game and gave kap a good pocket even in obvious passing downs ( save the 3rd down kitchen sink blitzes where i think we are outcoached)
Originally posted by 49ersFan:
Re-watching the game on nfl rewind right now...they were moving the los very effectively in the run game and gave kap a good pocket even in obvious passing downs ( save the 3rd down kitchen sink blitzes where i think we are outcoached)
I've already highlighted what I thought was a good day by the rookie. You're right though. The OL came together on the road Sunday
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, the OL played much better, much love goes out. Now do it every game.
They were much, much better. I didn't see any WTF moments from either Boone or Davis and we've seen a lot of those this year. There was one mix-up in communication between Davis and Hyde on that Harralson sack, but that was it. And Martin was much better - he held his ground in the middle. The other thing was the run blocking was much better than it's been for the past four or five games.

If the line continues to play like they did yesterday and the defense gets back to full strength, they've still got a great chance to get into the playoffs.
Only watched the game once, but we struggled mightly pass blocking on the edge. Maybe Kap was dropping back too far, but it just seemed like the edge rushers were getting around the corner quickly. The middle looked solid though.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Only watched the game once, but we struggled mightly pass blocking on the edge. Maybe Kap was dropping back too far, but it just seemed like the edge rushers were getting around the corner quickly. The middle looked solid though.

yeah i noticed that too. we need to button this up before we play the Hawks
Ol definitely stepped up this week
Ikr
We played a weaker defense. The rams have an elite front 4. We also called a better game. More running plays and short quick throws to get the ball out quickly. That being said they played a better game. 2 of the saints sacks were on Kap including the fumble. Thank god the defense bailed us out of that one and came through in overtime as well.

Still, we got the win. Tough team and on the road. And we scored 3 TD's and didn't settle for FG's. We kicked 1 long FG and another in overtime when a FG would win it. We were perfect in the redzone. We will see how that plays out when we go against tougher defenses like Seattle.

At least we got the win and a chance to string some victories together.
Nowhere because if that was the rams we would have given up 10 sacks.

I don't know how 4 sacks given up is considered good but they did a great job in the run game. Kind of sad that 4 is considered good but compared 8 and 6 it is.
Yeah they certainly rose to the occasion.

They were much better BUT it would have been very hard to be worse than last week.
more consistency is needed from our Offensive line ...hopefully this is the beginning of something good, we need our line to be mean and nasty again
more consistency is needed from our Offensive line ...hopefully this is the beginning of something good, we need our line to be mean and nasty again
Share 49ersWebzone