There are 162 users in the forums

Fail Mary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was having flashbacks of the game vs the Vikings when Favre threw the hail Mary to win the game
Good call on the field and good job by Cox making sure the refs saw it.
Originally posted by Baldie:
My heart stopped when he came down with it.
I pretty much had the same reaction harbaugh did except it was chips flying everywhere instead of papers. When they zoomed out as the play was unfolding I saw how many defenders were in the area I was look cool, pcox bout to come down with another interception . Then I see cox fall and Jimmy G come down with it and was like . But in the corner of my eye i saw the flags fly and was like
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:

Just wanted to bump this in case it was lost at the bottom of page 2
Same call made on Boldin...if you gonna call that the you have to call the one on Graham even if Cox didn't flop Graham extended his arm...

Just wanted to bump this in case it was lost at the bottom of page 2

lollll... I wonder if they actually train the players to do that in this type of situation, it's totally a flop, but very smart play.
  • CMIO
Originally posted by iLL49er:
the most embarrassing part of that play is Tramaine Brock, the guy is just standing there right next to graham watching him jump up.....this guy needs to wake the f' up..it almost cost us, i don't have a clue why he's just standing there next to graham instead of trying to make a play on the ball

we got lucky, brock's effort on that play was beyond pathetic

In his defense, it looks like he was ready to launch himself to defend it, but Bethea cut him off and took him out of the play. If anything, one could argue that Bethea overplayed it and basically took 2 defenders (himself and Brock) out of the equation, leaving only Cox to defend the ball with 3 Saint receivers in the vicinity.
He sold it but he was pushed off balance, no doubt. If he's not pushed then he makes a play on the ball and disrupts the pass. Graham can suck it, Boldin was called for less. Calls go both ways, they can't really say s**t after getting that weak ass roughing the passer call to save their game last year and f**k us out of the division title, home field advantage, and possibly a second Super Bowl in a row.
Cox dramatized it, but it was the right call. Not always called, but considering the magnitude of the play the refs had to call it. Every person on TV has said it was the right call. The Saints need to STFU after getting a game gift wrapped to them last year. And why do we have to travel to play in that s**tty dome every f**king year?
Originally posted by verb1der:
lollll... I wonder if they actually train the players to do that in this type of situation, it's totally a flop, but very smart play.

Two things: one, it's hard for me to believe a defensive back chooses to go down hoping for a call rather than jumping for the ball, especially when he's in position and has a 40 inch vertical leap and, two, I think you're underestimating the force with which Graham pushes him - Graham is got some huge guns there.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

how the f**k you gonna have man on man coverage in a hail marry situation.
  • CMIO
Originally posted by sacniner:
Cox dramatized it, but it was the right call. Not always called, but considering the magnitude of the play the refs had to call it. Every person on TV has said it was the right call. The Saints need to STFU after getting a game gift wrapped to them last year. And why do we have to travel to play in that s**tty dome every f**king year?

except Skip Bayless lol
Originally posted by crake49:

Two things: one, it's hard for me to believe a defensive back chooses to go down hoping for a call rather than jumping for the ball, especially when he's in position and has a 40 inch vertical leap and, two, I think you're underestimating the force with which Graham pushes him - Graham is got some huge guns there.

Over half a foot taller and over 75 pounds heavier.

Of course it was a flop Bc he isn't that much bigger.
Originally posted by crake49:

Good point, it looks like a flop in slow mo, but in real time it looks more legit.

I don't imagine JH telling any of our players to just fall over with the game on the line that would not make sense at all. All you here is "we can't leave it in the hands of the refs." I'd imagine they're told to go up and attempt to bat the ball down at the highest point or dislodge it from the Wrs hands if it does get to the WR. If you were running at full speed, which isn't as fast as as they were running, and were attempting to tracking down a 1 ft object 30 ft high would u be able to take a shove to the shoulder from behind? Btw If it was a flop #20 did an excellent job taking his forward momentum and shifting it about 40-60 degrees and sliding to hit our safety in the legs.
[ Edited by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT on Nov 10, 2014 at 11:37 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone