There are 136 users in the forums

Fail Mary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/11/jimmy_graham_baffled_by_pass_i.html

[ Edited by English on Nov 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM ]
And the award goes to..
LOL IBTL
Game ball
Who has a gif of the fail mary? Similar play that SHOULD have been called.
on our second drive we lost some momentum from a non call. Kaep throws to Boldin and the defender is literally hugging him before the ball gets there. No call. A drive or two later, Boldin manages to make a grab through some contact and HE is the one called for PI. I'm glad we finally caught a break when it really mattered. I know why Graham is shocked, because a home team will hardly ever get hit with that call in that situation, but it is what it is.
  • thl408
That wasn't a flop imo. Might have been embellishing though. The difference is on a flop, there is no foul. The flopper is straight up trying to buy a call. Embellishing is when there is a foul, but the player hams it up to make sure it's called. No way Cox decides to just fall down to put it into the refs' hands to throw a flag.
mini payback for last year's non penalty on Brooks on Brees. However, last year's had more of an implication:

cost us the division
cost us home field
we lost to SEA because of going on the road
NO got in the playoffs instead of Arizona. The cardinals should've been in the playoffs last year, not the saints.
cost us our 6th lombardi.

That ref still pisses me off to no end. I hope he's unemployed and eating scraps of food by the local dumpster.
it's not payback
they called boldin for pass interference with less contact than that.
they better had called that on graham and they did. the officials weren't perfect today but they got every crucial call right and that's all you can really ask for.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
And the award goes to..

Cox.

"I just want to thank the academy and Graham for the push."

Graham f**ked up
Originally posted by pdizo916:
mini payback for last year's non penalty on Brooks on Brees. However, last year's had more of an implication:

cost us the division
cost us home field
we lost to SEA because of going on the road
NO got in the playoffs instead of Arizona. The cardinals should've been in the playoffs last year, not the saints.
cost us our 6th lombardi.

That ref still pisses me off to no end. I hope he's unemployed and eating scraps of food by the local dumpster.

• CMIO
Did Cox sell it ? Yes.

But it was still a OPI. You can not use a player's body for leverage, and you can not clear space for yourself to make a catch. The only reason its an issue is because it happened at the end of the game. If it had occurred anytime other than that, no one would be complaining. The rules are the rules, and it was foolish for him to EXTEND his arms to push off a player 6 inches and at least 50 lbs lighter than him. He would've probably made the catch without those aforementioned actions.

He got caught, and now the Saints fans feel stupid for it..
the most embarrassing part of that play is Tramaine Brock, the guy is just standing there right next to graham watching him jump up.....this guy needs to wake the f' up..it almost cost us, i don't have a clue why he's just standing there next to graham instead of trying to make a play on the ball

we got lucky, brock's effort on that play was beyond pathetic
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
the push was real but the defense was bad
Share 49ersWebzone