LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

The winning FG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i wanted to see a replay of the kick to see if it got tipped. fg was as crazy as the double fg against gb
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
That was an ugly knuckleball, looked like there was wind inside a dome... when it first hooked for a split-second I thought of course, the Niners found a way to blow it. But then it sliced back right... nice for the Niners to get lucky for once.

They opened the doors of the dome to get some wind in and mess up the fg.
Originally posted by GoldenChips:
That was an ugly knuckleball, looked like there was wind inside a dome... when it first hooked for a split-second I thought of course, the Niners found a way to blow it. But then it sliced back right... nice for the Niners to get lucky for once.

yeah right before they hiked the ball i thought..."oh gosh, what if he misses..." and then I saw it kind of go left and i started to say "ahhh..." then it took a right turn and found it's way home...I was holding my 7 month old niner in training and we started jumping up and down...I think the game even stressed my son out...
It certainly was a knuckle ball kick: http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Dawson_35yard_Gamewinning_Field_Goal/79e860db-3704-4343-867b-758281bd6f6b
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by GoldenChips:

yeah right before they hiked the ball i thought..."oh gosh, what if he misses..." and then I saw it kind of go left and i started to say "ahhh..." then it took a right turn and found it's way home...I was holding my 7 month old niner in training and we started jumping up and down...I think the game even stressed my son out...

You'll find out today when he pee's all over you when youre changing his diaper
"Dad, dad, I know you love the gold and red team but all of that bouncing around and yelling gotta stop...my little nerves can't take it"....lol

Yeah I actually that he missed it wide right for a second...no need.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
It hooked, then sliced

I thought I was watching a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial when I saw it do that

Lmao. Nice.
Originally posted by That49show:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
It hooked, then sliced

I thought I was watching a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial when I saw it do that

Lmao. Nice.

I punched the guy at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Should have run the ball twice instead of kicking on first down. Sometimes kickers would rather be on a hash mark for a FG instead of right down the middle. I wonder if they asked Phil what he preferred.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dawson powered it through.

and yea, I agree. Thought we should've run it a couple times.
UGLY

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the knuckle ball. Luckily for us, it was at a short distance. had that FG been 10 yards longer, same kick misses. But, I don't think Dawson kicks it the same way had it been a longer fg. Strategery.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 10, 2014 at 6:37 AM ]
Nice knuckle ball from Phil Niekro
At first I tried not to watch it but at the last second looked at the TV and was confident it would be just a routine FG. But then it suddenly looked like it was about to miss wide right and at the last second went back inside but the trajectory of the ball became lower somehow as it neared the uprights. When the kick finally went through I I yelled at the TV "F you mother effing Saints". The winning FG was some crazy weird ass s**t.
Originally posted by NinerFanInNewEngland:
Should have run the ball twice instead of kicking on first down. Sometimes kickers would rather be on a hash mark for a FG instead of right down the middle. I wonder if they asked Phil what he preferred.

I dunno. You run into a stacked box twice and probably lose a couple of yards. You risk a false start, a holding call, a fumble, and another serious injury, just to put the ball in a slightly better position. I say kick the FG right away and get the hell out of there.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
I dunno. You run into a stacked box twice and probably lose a couple of yards. You risk a false start, a holding call, a fumble, and another serious injury, just to put the ball in a slightly better position. I say kick the FG right away and get the hell out of there.
exactly. Why risk it? Had we had akers back there then yea pound away, but 35 yards is a chip shot for Dawson.
Share 49ersWebzone