LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Could the 2015 49ers...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This year Vernon reminds me of Antonio Gates a few years ago. Gates played injured and was not the same, the team stood by him and he's performing at a pro bowl level again. Vernon will bounce back and stretch the field again.

Yes, but his hands will always be made of stone, unfortunately.
I forgot he already did before the season started. I think too many people are ready to shuffle guys out the door. While I am ready to let some new blood emerge, there are some veterans who have earned the right to stick around.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by fip24:
I think it is possible, maybe even likely that the 2015 49ers do not include Gore, Crabtree, Macdonald,Brooks and Iupati. Further, I wouldnt be surprised to see Vernon and/or P Willis let go and Aldon potentially traded.

You heard it here first. No.

No way are Willis and Aldon not here next year. A couple of the others, probably.

Exactly, this is laughable. Aldon Smith is possibly the best pass rusher in the NFL, he's young & he'll get an extension this off season (as long as he doesn't do anything stupid off the field again) and all this Patrick Willis may be gone talk is just flat out stupid. Willis is the heart & soul of our defense, he's a top 3 ILB, Borland has 2 good games and people suddenly act like he's expendable, again this is laughable.
I think it is possible, maybe even likely that the 2015 49ers do not include Gore, Crabtree, Macdonald,Brooks and Iupati. Further, I wouldnt be surprised to see Vernon and/or P Willis let go and Aldon potentially traded.

totally agree!!!

some other players that I could really see us trading are: Staley, Hyde, Patton, Kaepernick, Boldin, Eric Reid & Bowman. Good chance all those players see the door next year!
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
"Aldon potentially traded."

I lost it.

Willis let go doe!

This..best part of his post. We gonna just let an all pro LB go.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

DAMN! Who's that???
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Tank Carradine and AJ Jenkins still bigger busts lol
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Tank Carradine and AJ Jenkins still bigger busts lol

ha!

Originally posted by pdizo916:

OK, i'll bite

gone:
crabtree
iupati
vernon davis
ahmad brooks

stays:
gore
mcdonald
willis
aldon smith

We need Gore as it was evident today. I think Mcdonald will restructure and I think willis will do the same. I hate to say it, but Willis may have lost a step. Aldon is a top 2 pass rusher and you simply do not let that go, PERIOD.

Iupati and Crabs are gone as F/As and there's a distinct possibility that Brooks and Davis are gone due to salary to productivity ratio. Lynch has played WELL in the absence of A. Smith. I think him and Smith are the future. Unless Brooks takes a STEEP pay cut, he's gone. And Davis has one more year, but he has regressed significantly so far this year. I'm starting to think the reason why he held out for so long is because he knew that his best days were behind him. The problem is that we don't have an heir apparent for Davis, but we would still have Boldin and Stevie J as our WR.

I don't think this topic is as egregious as most posters may think. I think this is a good topic to discuss.

I dont think willis has lost a step at all. he has been a stud for us every year. he says this toe has been bothering him for a few years so after he gets it fixed he should be as good as ever next year. without willis on defense this defense isnt half as scary. he does so many things well and keeps bowman clean to do what he does. all the middle stuff that teams are doing to us this year doesnt usually go down like that when willis and bow are in there.

Gore is tricky. he doesnt look to be slowing down much and hes too old for a big contract so Im curious to see what the front office does with him. not offering the guy a fair deal will look bad but at the same time they cant throw money away either just to be sentimental.

I can see VD, crabs, brooks and Iupati not being here though. VD could be traded possibly, crabs doesnt deserve a huge contract for what hes doing this year and all his b***h fits and pouting, iupati is underperforming and with brooks its just gonna come down to being a numbers game since Lynch looks legit and will be way cheaper to hold onto than him.
Originally posted by Rizvi49er:
gone:
gore - unless he takes a paycut
brooks - cheaper younger replacements behind him
iupati - no money to pay a top 5 guard - replacements already on the roster
crabtree - production doesn't equal the money he wants

staying:
mcdonland - resigned on a cheaper deal
vernon - staying regardless
willis - crazy to suggest anything other than he'll be here

wildcard:
aldon - can go either way...i'd lean towards they keep him cause he's gonna be hard to replace...look at the 9 game he's missed and try to find the pass rush.

Well said. I agree with all of this except for Aldon. The Niners picked up his option so he will be back unless he falls off the wagon.

Why would we let Willis go?
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Put down the blunt!!

I see you switched from Sativa to full-blown Indica. I agree on Crabtree and VD. However, if those two are let go, the Niners will have a boatload of money to sign Boone and Iupati if they so choose, as well as several others. No way Willis is let go or Aldon is traded. You have to be kidding. Bowman, Willis and Aldon will all be together in 2015, the year the Super Bowl is played at Levi's Stadium. We may have 3RBs next year in Hyde, Millard and Hunter. Next year's defense will be off the charts.
[ Edited by kezarvet49 on Nov 15, 2014 at 7:16 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone