There are 286 users in the forums

Is Michael Crabtree headed to Keyshawn Johnson territory? He mouthed off again...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
So I guess you're some All-Pro or All-American WR that's telling everyone how it is right. Stop calling people out you're making yourself look like an ass, truth is you know nothing about anyone on this board and take it easy with your responses if you want to stay on this board.

Lol!!!! Buddy if you wanna look at me like an ass, you can do so on your own without my help. Nothing I said was a personal attack. I'm simply saying that what the young man did wasn't as easy as everyone is making it out to be. If you think I'm trying to be an ass or pretending to be an All-American WR then go ahead, I don't care what you conjure up in your imagination. You come at me with "Tell you what" as if you're schooling me and I'm going to do the same thing....fair is fair, no?

Again, calm down with your replies around here, or you'll be warned and/or outta here. That is all.
Crab is gone. Stevie and Boldin are our starters next year. I just hope Patten and Ellington are learning from Boldin.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Nobody on this site, IMO, is a professional football payer.

9/10 NFL wide receivers would have caught that ball..

He finally did what he's being paid to do.

You don't have to be a pro football player to appreciate that certain plays made in a game that aren't routine, are difficult. Those types of plays just don't happen on a regular basis and when they do, I give credit where it's due (In this case, Kap for the throw and MC for the catch). If you have played football competitively on any level (particularly WR) you will appreciate that sort of play......if not, perhaps not.

NO, I don't think the quality catch was a BIG deal. Like I said 9-10 NFL receivers would have made that catch.

Those catches certainly don't happen on a regular basis w/Crabs. Dropsies anyone?

And No, I didn't play football other than sandlot.

I boxed for 5 years and in that sport you either did it or you didn't - hence my criticism of Craps I mean Crabs.

The play broke down and Crabtree snuck behind coverage. It was basically a backyard football every man for himself play at a certain point and Crabtree did a GREAT job of getting open. IMO this doesn't erase his season long mistakes, but credit should be given for that CLUTCH play.
Originally posted by cciowa:
stevie says the guys in front of him are not chumps
crab whines he is a third or fourth option,,, that tells me all i need to know

nuff said

/thread
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Stevie said he wanted to be here long term. Crabtree wants Dez Bryant money but ain't doing it on Sundays. He had his chances but Stevie has been doing more when he has been in so he will get looks. Crabtree has to earn his reps just like every other player. How you gonna whine after you win?

Just reading tea leaves, but it looks to me like Stevie is smart enough to realize it's a high likelihood that Crabs is gone after this year & obvious Boldin is older w/a 2 year deal so he knows if he plays his cards right, plays well on the field, he'll be the man here for a while.

As for Crabs, I can't believe he made those comments after a big time win, especially after dropping 3 passes this weekend (plus not turning around on time on that one 3rd down pass). He had 8 targets, that's a good amount of balls thrown his way, he needs to play better. I could see if he was catching everything, looking like 2012 Crabs and wasn't getting enough passes his way, this disgusts me.

I'd love to see Harbaugh start Johnson over him and make Crabs the #3 WR.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Just reading tea leaves, but it looks to me like Stevie is smart enough to realize it's a high likelihood that Crabs is gone after this year & obvious Boldin is older w/a 2 year deal so he knows if he plays his cards right, plays well on the field, he'll be the man here for a while.

As for Crabs, I can't believe he made those comments after a big time win, especially after dropping 3 passes this weekend (plus not turning around on time on that one 3rd down pass). He had 8 targets, that's a good amount of balls thrown his way, he needs to play better. I could see if he was catching everything, looking like 2012 Crabs and wasn't getting enough passes his way, this disgusts me.

I'd love to see Harbaugh start Johnson over him and make Crabs the #3 WR.

I second starting Stevie over Crabs. Crabs just can't get open enough. Even Boldin gets open more often.
I remember when VD punked him hard a couple TC's ago.

Seriously Crabs is kind of a b***h imo.
So I guess you're some All-Pro or All-American WR that's telling everyone how it is right. Stop calling people out you're making yourself look like an ass, truth is you know nothing about anyone on this board and take it easy with your responses if you want to stay on this board.

Lol!!!! Buddy if you wanna look at me like an ass, you can do so on your own without my help. Nothing I said was a personal attack. I'm simply saying that what the young man did wasn't as easy as everyone is making it out to be. If you think I'm trying to be an ass or pretending to be an All-American WR then go ahead, I don't care what you conjure up in your imagination. You come at me with "Tell you what" as if you're schooling me and I'm going to do the same thing....fair is fair, no?

Again, calm down with your replies around here, or you'll be warned and/or outta here. That is all.
Sensitive much? Hahaaaa
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by That49show:

Sensitive much? Hahaaaa
newbies,, newbies, newbies
Originally posted by Phil:
The play broke down and Crabtree snuck behind coverage. It was basically a backyard football every man for himself play at a certain point and Crabtree did a GREAT job of getting open. IMO this doesn't erase his season long mistakes, but credit should be given for that CLUTCH play.

I agree. Credit Kaepernick for making a CLUTCH powerful throw on 4th down and using great vision while keeping his eyes downfield to FIND Crabtree. If ONLY Crabs caught Kap's pass on that 3rd down too

• SaksV
  • Veteran

Understood, bossman!
Harbaugh doesnt seem to think it was crabs intention to talk bad about his play or the team, he said he heard the tail end of the conversation and it sounded like the reporters were frustrating him with the repetitive questions about playing time and suffering stats. Given Crabtrees history with the media its a little believable, but he still shoulda just stayed quiet. Especially when Kawakami is holding a recorder in your face.
I'm a little annoyed he's never scored a TD against Seattle....EVER.

He gave us a nice big RAC play against the Hawks on that Thursday night game two years ago, and also caught a bomb from Alex on 3rd down to garner our final win at Century Link in 2011.

KEYSHAWN!!
Share 49ersWebzone