LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

Harbaugh's classic reaction to that hail mary lol!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Pretty embarrassing...it's like he's waiting for everything to fall apart.

Lol...what?

To me, that reaction said, "there goes our season." As we all know, it was premature.

No, it means "holy crap, how do we lose a game on a hail mary jump ball".

But its funny how everyone was saying "season over if we lose in NO", and the Harbaugh's reaction gets critisized as if he gave up.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It looks like the guy on the right is telling everyone there is a penalty, and just as he does this Harbaugh is looking at the papers he threw in the air, and then changes his mind to pick them up because he realizes he is going to need them because the game is not over.

Yes. That's exactly what it looks like. I don't know how I missed it.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jwjr49er:

srs question. why is ahmad brooks on the sideline? I know we only rush 3, but he should definitely be one of them.
That was pretty restrained, considering the circumstances. That probably deserved a full blown Harbaugh meltdown.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Lol...what?

To me, that reaction said, "there goes our season." As we all know, it was premature.

No, it means "holy crap, how do we lose a game on a hail mary jump ball".

But its funny how everyone was saying "season over if we lose in NO", and the Harbaugh's reaction gets critisized as if he gave up.

I disagree about the meaning of his reaction. Unless you have some inside information, stating something unknown as a fact causes you to lose credibility.

Not sure where you're going with your second statement. Unless the people saying "season over if we lose in NO" are the same ones criticizing Harbaugh's reaction, the two are unrelated.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

Lol...what?

I think his reaction was more of a "are you f'ing kidding me?" kind of thing. Last week we have a QB sneak to win the game. Pick up a yard and win. Don't get the yard easy FG for OT and we fumble and lose outright. Come on! That after a year of tons of injuries and some very questionable officiating and you start to feel snakebit. Then you see them complete a hail mary and you have to wonder just how much crap you have to take.

That's quite possible...hard to know for sure. Either way, I'd like to see a little more poise in a coach. Some degree of reaction and frustration is fine, but tossing your playsheet in the air is kinda bush league to me. Just an opinion.
That's quite possible...hard to know for sure. Either way, I'd like to see a little more poise in a coach. Some degree of reaction and frustration is fine, but tossing your playsheet in the air is kinda bush league to me. Just an opinion.

A little more poise? Remember Walsh skipping off the field when Montana threw a mini hail mary pass to Rice in the end zone to beat Cincinnati ('87 I think?)?

I thought Walsh lost his mind ...
[ Edited by highwayone on Nov 12, 2014 at 8:38 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by jwjr49er:

Notice how Kap doesn't even react to the sheets falling right next to him....???

Shows a lack of peripheral vision....

This might explain the lack of vision on the field....

Kap's always looking down field, bro... no time to worry about pages off a comic book fumbling about
Originally posted by highwayone:

A little more poise? Remember Walsh skipping off the field when Montana threw a mini hail mary pass to Rice in the end zone to beat Cincinnati ('87 I think?)?

I thought Walsh lost his mind ...

Haha a momentary lapse is more forgivable when the outburst is for good reason!

I wonder if it's harder for a coach to lose a close game on a freak play (like what Harbaugh thought was happening) or to lose in a blowout against a division rival. Thinking about Marc Trestman watching the Bears get smoked by the Packers or Lovie Smith watching the Bucs get crushed by Atlanta in week three...those guys just took it on the chin. No real outbursts from what I saw.
Love that guy... Harbaugh's not just a player's coach, he's a fan's coach as well. I totally felt the same... "Are you fn' kidding me?" Then I saw the flag. Got real lucky this time, next time not so much.

Share 49ersWebzone