LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 176 users in the forums

That was...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll tell you once I found my heart.

I'm pretty sure it ran off somewhere lol
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Just finished taking the dump that game produced. The most stressful game I can remember.
if you've watched the SF Giants, especially all of the World Series, this game is par for the course.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
im only 28 and near the end i literally thought i might be having a heart attack.
  • CMIO
holding brees to 0 points in 3 drives at the end (end of regulation and 2 drives is OT) is priceless. This defense is for real with key players out. Like that our offense went back to ground and pound, just clean up the mental errors (drops, etc) and we are set to make a run.
It was. So much was on the line. Going from outside shot at the playoffs to we may want to start looking towards the draft with a loss. Seven weeks is a long time, but at 4-5 in the NFC West, even if we run the table, we could still miss it. Being at 5-4, running the table, we still could get the wildcard. I'm not so sure the Cardinals will lose 3 games. I can definitely see two (vs. Seattle and us). Maybe someone else will upset them.

This game also had me thinking about the future of this offense more so than any other game. The defense has had so much go against them, starting with losing Bowman, then Dorsey, and Aldon Smith before the season even started. Then when the season began, we lost Brock for several games, Patrick Willis, and now we're down Ian Williams. But somehow, someway, Fangio and our great assistants have guys ready to step in and go. The offense has had it's share of injuries, but it's not what the defense has had to go through. Yet they still looks average/below average. I'm very concerned about the future going forward because the defense has to play a great game, no matter what, in order for us to win.
  • Jiks
Too stressful for my heart.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
One of the most stressful games I've ever seen since the Harbaugh era. wow. LMAO.

how's everyone holding up?

I think i have permanent damage to my heart because it was thumping lol
Originally posted by defenderDX:
One of the most stressful games I've ever seen since the Harbaugh era. wow. LMAO.

how's everyone holding up?

It shouldn't have been that close. Boldin dropping balls all day didn't help us. One of the drops was an easy TD that would have given the Niners a comfortable lead.

But I'll take the win.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Huge win.

Maybe it doesnt come to that if our WRs, mainly Boldin, Crab and Davis, can stop dropping catchable balls, we would have sustained so more drives.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Huge win.

Maybe it doesnt come to that if our WRs, mainly Boldin, Crab and Davis, can stop dropping catchable balls, we would have sustained so more drives.

This.....great points Garce....
Before I say this, of course I wish we would have blown them out, or scored that TD on Boldin's drop or something. With that said, today's game is what football truly is IMO, gut wrenching, make you feel insane, back and forth physical football that came down to the wire in OT ending with a Niner win.
seriously!!! i need to hang a punching bag near me while watching the game.
i surely aged. thank god for chamomile tea, f**k man
Share 49ersWebzone