LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Whats up with Willis's toe? *EDIT - OUT FOR THE SEASON ON IR*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FaTaL:
niners lied, they said he doesnt have turf toe, well it seems like it

I posted about this weeks ago when it first happened and I wasnt sure but time will tell how serious the injury is. Well WEEKS later he is still out

Hes going on what, 4 weeks being out. He probably does have turf toe and they are not saying anything. With all that has gone on this offseason and regular season if they are not coming out and saying what he really has you really have to start questioning the organization
It hurts. A toe injury is actually one of the toughest to come back from. How you push off and change direction and speed and everything is related to the foot and toes big time. If that is bad you can't play or at least not play well.
Playing with some toe injuries can cause permanent damage. On top of severely hampering speed and change of direction, it's simply not worth it to play on it if it's not healed.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I would never question the toughness of someone who was an NFL linebacker, they probably take more of a beating than anyone else on the field. As said before you cannot run or cut without putting a lot of pressure on the big toe. Also the big toe plays an important part in a person's balance, considering that you can't just shoot it up to mask the pain. A person is not going to be able to run and cut very well if they have a numb foot.
Hasn't Patrick played with a CAST before?

Big overrated wimp that #52.
I can't believe you jerkwads. Now P. Willis is under scrutiny? This is blasphemy!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Playing with some toe injuries can cause permanent damage. On top of severely hampering speed and change of direction, it's simply not worth it to play on it if it's not healed.

Toe injuries are the WORST feeling.

I felt far better after recovering from a knee injury, than a toe injury.
Same as Brock
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Nov 8, 2014 at 3:30 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
You can't do any kind of cutting or pushing off if your big toe is hurt.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 8, 2014 at 6:06 AM ]

I remember Jack Lambert of the Steelers had his career cut short because of turf toe. Deion Sanders had to have the toe operated on and he almost retired. The cause is artificial turf, which should be banned in the NFL.
next toe up
Boreland is Better then Willis at this point anyway. I know I know you guys will call me out but lets face it, Willis has been regressing for 2 years now. He was the BEST MLB in the NFL since his rookie year 2007 thru 2011 but 2013 and this season he has regressed. I realize its unpopular to cut bait and save with his contract but Wilhoite and Boreland can hold the Fort down til Bowman gets healthy next season.

Looking back at the Boreland pick I wasn't crazy about it at #77 but now it looks like a Great move by Balk.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Willis has been regressing, glad we got Borland.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Boreland is Better then Willis at this point anyway.....I realize its unpopular to cut bait and save with his contract but Wilhoite and Boreland can hold the Fort down til Bowman gets healthy next season.

Baalke needs to cut Patrick Willis ? You cant be serious.....
[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 8, 2014 at 8:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone