There are 252 users in the forums

Stop Going To Crab on Game Deciding Plays

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not saying Crabtree is a bad WR but I just don't think he should be the player constantly targeted on game deciding plays.
Example
A. Superbowl - 4th and Goal game on the line. Can't get off the hold or draw the penalty...ball overthrown and incomplete.
B. 2014 NFC Championship Loss - Niners are cruising down the field and take a shot at Crab...Ball is tipped by Sherman and intercepted. Game Over!
C. Week 9 Loss to Rams - Wasn't the final play but Crab catches an out and can't get the ball over the endzone line...albeit a controversial call but the same result,

Please try Boldin or V.Davis when the game is on the line. Boldin always makes the clutch play and VD has done it in the past.
[ Edited by Rickrock on Nov 6, 2014 at 2:44 PM ]
Derek Carrier should be the go to guy
  • thl408
They have to keep trying. It'll work next time.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Derek Carrier should be the go to guy

Who?
Originally posted by thl408:

The only way Kaep stops going to Crab is if Crab leaves in FA.

Trust me, he will go to him on every play.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
stevie would've scored on that s**t.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 6, 2014 at 2:47 PM ]
you forgot the bears game.

Hahaha, you got me to laugh
I say keep throwing it to Crabs! The law of averages has to kick in sooner or later.

Good luck with that. Kap already said after the NFCC that he's going to take his shot with crab everytime. Does it make sense? No! But Kap is being stupid and stubborn with it. You also forgot to mention the Bears game #15 dropped that game winner as well... If Kap were somewhat wise he would through it to Boldin or Davis
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I would sit Crab whenever we are in the RZ and need a passing TD to win the game. Only put Boldin, Johnson and Davis out there for CK to choose from.
If Crab is on the field, CK will go to him, unfortunately.

The best!
Originally posted by ace52:
I would sit Crab whenever we are in the RZ and need a passing TD to win the game. Only put Boldin, Johnson and Davis out there for CK to choose from.
If Crab is on the field, CK will go to him, unfortunately.

I'd much rather keep Gore, Hyde and Bruce on the bench. Bunch of scrubs if you ask me!
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'd much rather keep Gore, Hyde and Bruce on the bench. Bunch of scrubs if you ask me!

I agree that we should run more in the RZ.
In my previous post, I was just saying that if the coaches feel like we must pass in the RZ to win the game, don't give CK the option to go to Crab.
Share 49ersWebzone