There are 192 users in the forums

The loss of identity is why the 49ers lose.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by verb1der:
How am I wrong? I don't see Alex throwing 80 yard bombs to any of his WRs.

He doesn't have any WRs...but that aside... Are we talking air yards or total yards on the play.

As good as Kap's arm, I don't think I remember ever seeing him throw one for 80 yards that didn't have some yac involved.

Alex doesn't throw as many long passes as other QBs, but that doesn't mean he's not able. He's done it. this year I think he has 11 "long passes" Aaron Rogers for reference has 16. Alex also has been the one of the most accurate passer in the NFL this season...and that's with league leading drops from said WRs.

Let it go Jakemall....let ...it....go. Inhale, exhale!

[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM ]

Reading back through this thread... it is actually you that first mentions Alex. Go back and look.

Looks clear that you are the one in here struggling to let go, fella.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Reading back through this thread... it is actually you that first mentions Alex. Go back and look.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Yep. At least you can concede it. Just as Jake should concede that it was wrong of him to mention Alex in that Kaep thread.

Not the end of the world.. but it just does nothing to maintain civility.

GO NINERS
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I think it's kinda funny we're doing the things people complained that we didn't do..and now people want us to go back to what we were doing.

i think the issue is Roman is too obvious run or pass. If its 4 wide its a pass..if its 2 wide its a run. We never run outta 3 or 4 wide sets which is really dumb. The O-Line sucks at pass blocking when the dline knows its a pass play. if we just mixed up run and pass with the formations life would get easier.

I dont expect any of this to change btw.
Originally posted by Antix:
I think it's kinda funny we're doing the things people complained that we didn't do..and now people want us to go back to what we were doing.

i think the issue is Roman is too obvious run or pass. If its 4 wide its a pass..if its 2 wide its a run. We never run outta 3 or 4 wide sets which is really dumb. The O-Line sucks at pass blocking when the dline knows its a pass play. if we just mixed up run and pass with the formations life would get easier.

I dont expect any of this to change btw.

actually, I liked the old 2011/2012 run scheme...is just that Kaep could hit the deep guy.

i didn't want to go full retard with the pass
I know I'm in the minority here, but I think we should not go back to being just a power run team like before, but instead keep working on being able to pass efficiently in addition to being a solid run team. We have gone to heavy on the passing in some games, but I don't think we should be "only" good at running like before. We will win more games "right now' with predominately running, I won't dispute that, but I think we need to go through this painful transition to become truly elite, and win #6.

The issue that we kept running into (literally) when we were a great run team but couldn't pass well, was that great defenses would just stack the box and stop us, and eventually as we moved deeper through the play-offs during the past three years, we always hit a great defense that made our run only offense look anemic. That's why so many of us were complaining that we had to develop the offense to be able to be a legitimate pass threat, not just a power run team. It's painful to change, and probably means some changes to our O-line, but I think it's moving in the right direction in the long run.
Thread should be renamed to loss of the O-line the lost identity
I fear the 49er era is over.
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
I agree with this post. Our coaching staff is doing things they aren't good at. Go back to what they were doing before. I think all the fans thought we could use weapons but our staff doesn't have the schemes or philosophy for it so better to accept it and start running and playing defense ..I would still try to improve red zone plays..just a little. Hoping that's not asking too much...that could put us over the top

Originally posted by 49erLegend:
I fear the 49er era is over.

what era

the era that never was!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we used to impose our will, we now have ran away from the one thing that was a big part of our success in the last two years,,,,,, someone explain why
our will is broken.
Originally posted by cciowa:
we used to impose our will, we now have ran away from the one thing that was a big part of our success in the last two years,,,,,, someone explain why

Teams take on the personalities of their leaders.

Seattle bullied us last year because it's who they are.
Russell Wilson: "I used to beat people up. Truthfully, I used to beat people up a lot.....I threw kids against the wall. I rubbed their heads in the dirt at recess. I bit them. I even knocked teeth out."
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24734287/russell-wilson-truthfully-i-used-to-beat-people-up-a-lot

Meanwhile, Kap looks like a thug but he folds and runs away at the first sign of pressure, check the great work jonny and thl do every week in film analysis. It's who we are as a team now, a paper tiger.
Share 49ersWebzone