LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 408 users in the forums

The loss of identity is why the 49ers lose.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
The more I think about it maybe Harbaugh made the wrong decision picking Kaep over Alex....

You see the coaches knew that with Alex our passing game was only limited to 20 yards max, so they focused more on the running game and short passing, which WAS our identity and our bread and butter!

But of course they chose Kaep who has nearly unlimited potential. Unfortunately they're using him the wrong way, and it doesn't help that their playcalling has been exposed.

Man we need new coaches desperately.

Who the f**k are you and what did you do with Verb?
Originally posted by 49erLegend:
Its like:- "hey man, we got all these 1,000 yard WRs in the game so lets use them."

Dude, this team should still rise and fall on the back of Frank Gore.

That Frank can't get even one carry on 1st and goal from the 2 with a minute to go has to be the most baffling decision in professional sports.

Frankie was banged up during that drive from what I've heard.
Originally posted by 49erLegend:
Its like:- "hey man, we got all these 1,000 yard WRs in the game so lets use them."

Dude, this team should still rise and fall on the back of Frank Gore.

That Frank can't get even one carry on 1st and goal from the 2 with a minute to go has to be the most baffling decision in professional sports.

I agree with that.
Originally posted by thl408:
Offseason talk:
"More 3 WR sets"
"Open up the offense"
"Use an attacking passing game"
"Unleash the Kap"

In season talk:
"Stop passing"
"Stop spreading the field"
"Run Gore, even if 8 in the box"

We are never happy.

Thought it was a fun concept... but sometimes it's better to not get what you wish for, lol.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The more I think about it maybe Harbaugh made the wrong decision picking Kaep over Alex....

You see the coaches knew that with Alex our passing game was only limited to 20 yards max, so they focused more on the running game and short passing, which WAS our identity and our bread and butter!

But of course they chose Kaep who has nearly unlimited potential. Unfortunately they're using him the wrong way, and it doesn't help that their playcalling has been exposed.

What if ownership wants the change, ala jerry jones

Kaep is a perfect fit for the old offensive scheme, 2012

I would love to go back to the 2012 scheme! But guess what?!...... I think the suckage goes even deeper than the scheme! This year we're playing with a disgruntled offensive line who Baalke chose not to pay.

I think Iupati and Boone are sucking on purpose!

I would love to go back to the 2012 scheme! But guess what?!...... I think the suckage goes even deeper than the scheme! This year we're playing with a disgruntled offensive line who Baalke chose not to pay.

No. Their future contracts will be good if they play good. No incentive to play bad.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

I said maybe lol, and you're missing the point of the post!

Then bring in the back ups.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
We all know what the niners need to get back to.......but the coaching staff either don't see it or there is a hidden agenda in the game plan.
Originally posted by Baldie:
We all know what the niners need to get back to.......but the coaching staff either don't see it or there is a hidden agenda in the game plan.

If they get back to that they can win. Including this week. If they go to New Orleans and pass it all over they will lose.

SD, I agree with you...even though I strongly disagreed with Roman's call with the ball on the Rams 1 yd line and time expiring to run Kap up the middle, as a QB he has to be able to recognize the defense and audible. In that case (that cost us the game) he should've faked to Gore or Hyde and taken it to the post. I don't see any of the Rams LB's catching him. I hate to compare apples & oranges, but that's likely what Alex would've done. It's smart football, and sometimes Kap just doesn't play smart.

I didn't miss it. I ignored it for the same old wrong b******t you always try to post. Only that first sentence was different than anything you've ever posted...ever...and ever...for reals.
For Christs sakes this the first time I've agreed with SanDiego49er

I didn't miss it. I ignored it for the same old wrong b******t you always try to post. Only that first sentence was different than anything you've ever posted...ever...and ever...for reals.

How am I wrong? I don't see Alex throwing 80 yard bombs to any of his WRs.
How am I wrong? I don't see Alex throwing 80 yard bombs to any of his WRs.

He doesn't have any WRs...but that aside... Are we talking air yards or total yards on the play.

As good as Kap's arm, I don't think I remember ever seeing him throw one for 80 yards that didn't have some yac involved.

Alex doesn't throw as many long passes as other QBs, but that doesn't mean he's not able. He's done it. this year I think he has 11 "long passes" Aaron Rogers for reference has 16. Alex also has been the one of the most accurate passer in the NFL this season...and that's with league leading drops from said WRs.
Share 49ersWebzone