There are 172 users in the forums

Will the 49ers come away with a (W) in New Orleans

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will the 49ers come away with a (W) in New Orleans

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
The only way the 9ers can win this game is if they bin this BS new pass-heavy spread offensive philosophy and go back to the 2012 playbook by pounding the rock followed by big play action passing and let Kap use his legs. Knowing how stubborn Harbaugh is I doubt that will happen.

I still have some hope that they can win. But I think they need to get back to the running game. The Saints appear to be a balanced team right. They throw and pass well. Need to keep Bree's off the field.
We are not winning this one. You thought the Denver blowout was bad. Don't get your hopes up for this one. God I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us improving on offense this season.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Rascal:
The only way the 9ers can win this game is if they bin this BS new pass-heavy spread offensive philosophy and go back to the 2012 playbook by pounding the rock followed by big play action passing and let Kap use his legs. Knowing how stubborn Harbaugh is I doubt that will happen.

I still have some hope that they can win. But I think they need to get back to the running game. The Saints appear to be a balanced team right. They throw and pass well. Need to keep Bree's off the field.

Well, that is what the whole world is saying, the 9ers simply need to go back to running the football, only Harbaugh can't see it, unfortunately.
The wheels came off this wagon last weekend. This weekend is the crash and burn; the end of the season and, regrettably, the Harbaugh era in SF.

Marcus Martin and this abysmal offense in the hostile Superdome?

New Orleans 34
San Francisco 13

A win would be HUGE but it's wholly unrealistic to expect the Niners to even keep the game close given what we've seen from this team this season. There's no heart, no passion, no fire, no practicality, no hope. It's like no one wants to be there on gameday, from coaching staff to players. No one is having fun. You can say the losing has a part in that but they weren't even having fun in victory this year.

The honeymoon is over. And when all is said and done, we're still left without another lombardi trophy 20 years later. That's what stings. All of this would be forgivable if we had at least one these past 3 years. God only knows when that next one will come.
unless the defense absolutely dominates. no chance. Krap in the dome? 2 turnover minimum. and a blank stare on his face.
No.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hell yeah we gonna win
Kap needs to be unleashed and play like he did in the GB playoff games where he ran for 5,000 yards.. This is a kicthen sink game, win at all costs. Conventional wisdom goes out the window.. Run, Run, Run, soften that weak Defense and then you attack from distance with long precision bombs.. We're in store for a big, who could possibly have it better than US!!! Post game Harbaugh speech..
Don't worry about our team about problem. We need clean our team and keep work to practice new creative offense score as we can. Give them to respectful and be happy. Come on. It's important to affect them with their's feeling. They would be a great play games for us and get a wins for sures. Keep fight to get a wins and keep fight to get a playoff for us. Let's go cheer up our 49ers teams. Go 49ers. Support me bro? I am chance my times and beleive in myself.
Kap needs to be unleashed and play like he did in the GB playoff games where he ran for 5,000 yards.. This is a kicthen sink game, win at all costs. Conventional wisdom goes out the window.. Run, Run, Run, soften that weak Defense and then you attack from distance with long precision bombs.. We're in store for a big, who could possibly have it better than US!!! Post game Harbaugh speech..

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
The wheels came off this wagon last weekend. This weekend is the crash and burn; the end of the season and, regrettably, the Harbaugh era in SF.

Marcus Martin and this abysmal offense in the hostile Superdome?

New Orleans 34
San Francisco 13

A win would be HUGE but it's wholly unrealistic to expect the Niners to even keep the game close given what we've seen from this team this season. There's no heart, no passion, no fire, no practicality, no hope. It's like no one wants to be there on gameday, from coaching staff to players. No one is having fun. You can say the losing has a part in that but they weren't even having fun in victory this year.

The honeymoon is over. And when all is said and done, we're still left without another lombardi trophy 20 years later. That's what stings. All of this would be forgivable if we had at least one these past 3 years. God only knows when that next one will come.

Weren't having fun in victory this year? This is just making stuff up to fit your preconceptions. No fire? Ditto. Unrealistic to keep it close? Here is how close it is. With Aldon we win big. Without him the game is open.
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
unless the defense absolutely dominates. no chance. Krap in the dome? 2 turnover minimum. and a blank stare on his face.

Please leave.
Where is the option for a "tie"?

How disheartening would THAT be? (I just made myself mad)
The team with Kaepernick under center is 1-1 in the Super Dome. They won the first time they went down there with him and the second time, they would have won if not for that call on Brooks and/or that crazy dropped lob pass to Gore. They've got a chance. Do I expect them to win? No. Do I think they can win? Absolutely.

But I have to say that people who are conflating this into an "end of the Harbaugh era" are pretty amusing in a kind of tragicomic way to me.
f**king better!
Share 49ersWebzone