LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Will the 49ers come away with a (W) in New Orleans

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will the 49ers come away with a (W) in New Orleans

With all the news that has come forth in the past few days from former HOF Niner players and plenty of evidence on field of dissension between players/coaches.. I'm curious to see how many fans believe the team can perform in a way that would lead to a win on Sunday..

Thanks for your participation..
I think we are real capable of losing that game. We are on a downward spiral. The WZ will implode if we go 4 - 5. Even the most unrealistic homers won't be able to talk playoffs at that point.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The Saints are starting to play better and are always tough at home. Even with the Saints weak defense I doubt our offense can keep up with Brees and company. A loss and 4-5 record are more likely than not.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol no.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I just hope the niners don't get blown out...that'll show me that they haven't given up. Losing in NO doesn't mean they are far from the playoffs. Mathamatecially they still have a chance.
I don't think they win this one @ the SuperDome... but I sure hope they find a way. As I look at the schedule, this game is a huge must-win.. especially with all of the inner turmoil the team seems to be going through.
If they don't win this one, they don't have much chance of making the playoffs. On the other hand, if they don't make the playoffs, maybe Greg Roman will be offered a college head coaching job and leave.
The only way you could believe the Niners will win this game is blind homerism (which is understandable, who wants to be a negative nancy fan anyway). But from the way it looks the Saints are trending up AND this game is at home for them which they have not lost at home since the end of 2012 and the Niners have been looking pretty poor. Throttled by the Broncos and lose at home to the Rams. Last I heard the Bowman and Smith are not coming back for this game, and even if they did they would be rusty. And the defense really isn't the problem and it's hard to think the offense is going to suddenly find itself on the road in New Orleans of all places. I still think the Niners are a great team and capable of pulling it together, but they are definitely in a deep hole and this game isn't one to expect them to start digging themselves out.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
If they don't win this one, they don't have much chance of making the playoffs. On the other hand, if they don't make the playoffs, maybe Greg Roman will be offered a college head coaching job and leave.

Why do you hate college football and the poor team that may hire him?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
The only way the 9ers can win this game is if they bin this BS new pass-heavy spread offensive philosophy and go back to the 2012 playbook by pounding the rock followed by big play action passing and let Kap use his legs. Knowing how stubborn Harbaugh is I doubt that will happen.

Originally posted by zaghawk:
The only way you could believe the Niners will win this game is blind homerism (which is understandable, who wants to be a negative nancy fan anyway). But from the way it looks the Saints are trending up AND this game is at home for them which they have not lost at home since the end of 2012 and the Niners have been looking pretty poor. Throttled by the Broncos and lose at home to the Rams. Last I heard the Bowman and Smith are not coming back for this game, and even if they did they would be rusty. And the defense really isn't the problem and it's hard to think the offense is going to suddenly find itself on the road in New Orleans of all places. I still think the Niners are a great team and capable of pulling it together, but they are definitely in a deep hole and this game isn't one to expect them to start digging themselves out.

One can hope that the team wins without actually believing the team will win. Let's not confuse the concepts of hope and belief. I think the team has a chance of winning. I don't think the probability is great. I'm hoping for the best. Belief has nothing to do with it.
This is the most important game of the season. A lot of jobs are on the line here. We could see this turn into a 6-10 season very quickly. If they do decide to let Jim go, please....please do not let Mangini become our next coach.

Having said that, I think we do win and right the ship 24-17
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on Nov 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM ]
Doubtful!

We'll open up with very good and tough football. Our OLine will be all fired up and pumped up for a battle.

But a new Center in that VERY loud environment plus our piss-poor offensive game planning will have us come up short.

If we win - it will be a squeaker.

But I'm not confident.

That said, if we get embarrassed - the media frenzy will be of epic proportions.
The way the Niners have played the past two weeks doesn't give one much confidence that they'll pull it out. It's the NFL so just about every team has a shot of winning on any given week but this team doesn't really inspire any confidence right now. The D will have to carry them if they have any shot of a win which I put at 40% which ain't half bad considering you're playing the Saints in the dome.
Reopening this thread on request for the poll.
Share 49ersWebzone