Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by vermonator:
It's hard to argue the lack of motivation, but I would not put it solely on money. I do agree that if York lets Harbaugh go, it will be the worst move since the Baltimore Colts let Shula go to Miami. All this front office crap reminds me of the Terry Donahue era. The arrogance of that front office, when Mooch was winning despite a lack of talent on the roster, Donahue publicly and privately claimed it was the front office that was making the difference, not Mooch. Same type of rumors, Tampa bay asked about trading for Mooch, the media claimed Mooch was losing the locker room, bla, bla, bla. The rest is history, ten years later, here we are again. Sad to be a 49ers fan right now.

No. You are comparing Baalke's front office with TDon's. And two teams in massively different positions. Just no.

Of course Baalke is by far the superior GM and the talent is much, much better, but the tone is still the same, as rumor would indicate. This whole thing started with a riff between Baalke and Harbaugh, not all that different from Donahue and Mooch. That said, no matter what I'm gonna watch the rest of the season, probably grimacing, but till the final game, win lose or tie, cause that's just how I am. Forgive my references to history, but when you've been around as long as I have you do see history repeat itself, and all this looks too familiar to me. Hope I'm wrong and we can turn it around, but it don't look good. Could be the 88 season all over or the 2004 season, we will soon see.
[ Edited by vermonator on Nov 5, 2014 at 11:15 AM ]