LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Did Joe Staley give us clues to the offensive woes?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Maybe moving to RT like he plays in the pro bowl
Joe Staley is selling his house... And from what I've seen from reports,every time I read news that a niner is selling their house, pretty good chance they won't be a niner soon.
According to Spotrac, it would cost SF more in dead money (8.8m) to lose Joe than his actual cap hit to stay for the year (8.3m).

Can't imagine Baalke/Yorks signing off on that.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
According to Spotrac, it would cost SF more in dead money (8.8m) to lose Joe than his actual cap hit to stay for the year (8.3m).

This

They can always do a post June 1st designation on Staley and cut it over two years
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

They can always do a post June 1st designation on Staley and cut it over two years

i dont get why though

hes probably the best offensive player we have i dont get the advantage its not like were in cap hell
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Joe Staley is selling his house... And from what I've seen from reports,every time I read news that a niner is selling their house, pretty good chance they won't be a niner soon.

A stretch.
Originally posted by English:
A stretch.

This. He's a valuable veteran on a reasonable contract. This team is not going to be lacking in salary cap space, unless a team is offering something really stupid in return, like multiple picks including a 1st rounder, there is absolutely no reason to let him go.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

I don't think that means he's leaving this year, but its probably a good sign his Niner career is coming to an end. We are in full blown destroy and rebuild to mediocre mode. We might be able to get some decent trade value for him as he's still a high quality player. By the time this ship turns around, Joe Staley will likely be filing for social security.
So what does everyone think about Joe Staley at this point?

Is he still one of the better OLTs in the league?

Do you want him around for the next 4-5 years?

Would you prefer the Niners trade him?

If Anthony Davis comes back, would you rater have Davis at LT over the next few years or Staley?
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Dec 20, 2015 at 3:31 AM ]

is this a trick question?
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
So what does everyone think about Joe Staley at this point?

Is he still one of the better OLTs in the league?

Do you want him around for the next 4-5 years?

Would you prefer the Niners trade him?

If Anthony Davis comes back, would you rater have Davis at LT over the next few years or Staley?

No...he's still one of the better LTs in the game and has a reasonable contract.

LT isn't the issue its the rest of the line IMO.
Staley is just another player on this team that is player far worse than he's capable of. Sound familiar? Management have flat out ruined this team. They will talk about this 10 years from now on one of those top 10 shows on NFL Network about epic gigantic failures.

Everyone is worse under this staff.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Staley is just another player on this team that is player far worse than he's capable of. Sound familiar? Management have flat out ruined this team. They will talk about this 10 years from now on one of those top 10 shows on NFL Network about epic gigantic failures.

Everyone is worse under this staff.
i fell for the line," we will have great teachers to help the players get better this year". i am so upset, not about being proven wrong cuz i am used to that. i am not upset the x coach and oc is gone. the bill of goods and garbage that was sold to us fans is upsetting to me and then to see it all implode. the powers to be were sure chatty last year but this year they have said nothing. there is a serious disconnect between the true fans of this franchise and the powers to be which has been created by the powers to be and i still believe they are clueless about that
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the more i think about it, jesus, fury hit the nail right now the head,.,. every one is worse under this staff and for that reason, every f**king one of them, beloved rathman included, need to go the minute the last game comes to an end. as a matter of fact during the last game of the year, they should change the locks on the doors so the so called coaches and teachers we have can not get back in
Share 49ersWebzone