LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Brent Jones

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is kind of like when your honor roll student for the first time pulls a 2.50 GPA semester so we are all hearing this criticism for the first time and we don't know how to react! What???? Problems in Ninerville? No way! Well yes way!

Brent Jones, in not so many words, is questioning the lack of leadership and I think this points DIRECTLY at Jim Harbaugh. Structure, work ethic, direction and leadership are formulated from the top and are passed down to the players. Without it, players are lost and frustrated...even the veterans are feeling the void.

I get lambasted for asking this question but I'll ask it again. Does Jim Harbaugh want to be here? I'm not sure the answer is yes and we as a team suffer from a glass half empty coach.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
you cant just wander around and like you're great because you've been close a few times......a quote from brent that stood out

Yep, cos if we were truly great we would have won a Super Bowl by now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Brent jones is a hater
I think Jim Harbaugh is more of a manager than a coach and doesn't have his hands on the offensive game plan as much as we think he does. I wouldn't be surprised if Roman has more freedom on what we are doing on offense. I think there is a reason why Jim got a very good coaching staff.
I think Jim Harbaugh is more of a manager than a coach and doesn't have his hands on the offensive game plan as much as we think he does. I wouldn't be surprised if Roman has more freedom on what we are doing on offense. I think there is a reason why Jim got a very good coaching staff.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Jim Harbaugh was a NFL qb. There's no way he's not calling the plays. That's B. Jones view and I concurred.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by verb1der:
What do you mean "lack of leadership quality", can you elaborate more on that?

As in he doesn't seem to want to embrace the leadership role such as at times he appears to be defensive. I mean I can understand what Brent is trying to say, the guy just appears to be immature and he doesn't step up to front himself as a leader. Brent goes on to say people like Anquan, Vernon or even Stevie should take up that leadership role if Kap doesn't want to. As for the defensive comment I can use that Super Bowl or was it the NFCCG against the Seahawks postgame comment about he would take Crab over anyone any day as an example. After that Brent goes on to talk about the problems with his play such as reads and his understanding of the schematics, saying he should really work hard in the classroom and take pregame warm-ups seriously instead of just listening to his music with his headphones, he should work with all his receivers going through routes and what not cos all the great ones such as Brady, Manning and Brees do that.

Man it's way too easy to judge someone based on what we see during pregames on NFL on Fox. But in reality we all know Kaep is the hardest working person on the team. He even started his training a few weeks after the season ended. You can't tell me this guy doesn't put in work. Just because he doesn't do exactly what older vet QBs do doesn't mean he's lacking leadership.

Plus the guy is one of the younger players on the team. I have faith that he will lead like Brady / Manning / Brees when he gets to that age.
I hate it when these ex players call out the leadership card. It is the common thing to say as long as a player isn't publicly calling their team out. If they are doing it within AND keeping it in house, no one knows about it so talking heads will quickly pull the leadership card.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by lamontb:
ghetto attitude? he's from the suburbs

It isn't about where he's from. He refuses to be a leader because there are guys older than him on the team. He doesn't get in anyone's face. He always blames himself when his receivers don't catch the ball, etc.

Ok but what does that have to do with the ghetto?
Originally posted by pete98146:
This is kind of like when your honor roll student for the first time pulls a 2.50 GPA semester so we are all hearing this criticism for the first time and we don't know how to react! What???? Problems in Ninerville? No way! Well yes way!

Brent Jones, in not so many words, is questioning the lack of leadership and I think this points DIRECTLY at Jim Harbaugh. Structure, work ethic, direction and leadership are formulated from the top and are passed down to the players. Without it, players are lost and frustrated...even the veterans are feeling the void.

I get lambasted for asking this question but I'll ask it again. Does Jim Harbaugh want to be here? I'm not sure the answer is yes and we as a team suffer from a glass half empty coach.

I'm really starting to feel this way also.. I don't think Harbaugh wants to be here any longer and the players know it.. All of my hope for a big win at New Orleans came crashing down on my head today. This sucks.. Truly sucks..

Harbaugh is always misleading the media. Who knows what the dude's gonna do but I do know Jed is ready to pay the mutha.
Because York is a POS, all about the money. Pay the f**king man and put these rumors to rest. Instead, he worked his ass off to get the stadium in a new s**tty location, half done, all for sponsors and cash, and f**ked over the fans who purchased them. He priced out the 49ers, sorry but York's have thrown this once proud franchise into the ground, going forward it's going to be a decade of dark days, mark my words.

Kap is a s**tty QB, Harbs is making him half decent. W/out Harbs, the franchise will go into disarray again. People stuck w/ SBLs will be losing money, and if the team has the nerve to raise ticket prices after the 3 yr lock, I'm going to go berserk.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Harbaugh is always misleading the media. Who knows what the dude's gonna do but I do know Jed is ready to pay the mutha.

Money is not the issue! The bone of contention is that Jim Harbaugh refuses to relinquish control of this buttcheese variety offense. Baalke wants to bring in an offensive coordinator to his liking and Harbaugh wants none of it.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Money is not the issue! The bone of contention is that Jim Harbaugh refuses to relinquish control of this buttcheese variety offense. Baalke wants to bring in an offensive coordinator to his liking and Harbaugh wants none of it.

Where are you getting this info.....
After you've listened to Brent on KNBR hear what Greg Cosell says on his weekly spot on the TT show. A clear unbiased account of the new breed of athletic QB's in the league at this time.
Share 49ersWebzone