LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Brent Jones

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Brent Jones tells it like it is.
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=851&c=13821&f=3573423
TRUTH!!!!!!!!!
what he say? can someone summarize please?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
That's pretty much it, nicely summed up by Brent.
Originally posted by verb1der:

Basically saying outside a couple players no one played that game liked they really WANTED to win....team might not ever play a complete game, can't just talk about it, have to actually do it....took Kaepernick to task in a "gentle" way, saying stop being so defensive about criticism and start getting it done on the field...and slammed Ellington for talking trash and getting a 15-yd penalty.

EDIT: Oh, and said there's no way it's all Roman, that absolutely Harbaugh gives the OK on play calls.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
... and like I posted before, Harbaugh and the rest of the coaching staff babied this guy... just because he was their hand picked QB, who played well and saw some future up in him, next thing you know, he became UNTOUCHABLE.. he became bigger than everyone else, and the coaches made him to be that way...

.. even up to this off season, I remember how both Harbaugh and Roman repeatedly said that Kaep knows this offense so very well that it scares them.. and how he can be sent the wrong play and would know what to do with it..

oh, is that why he still having trouble with the game clock??
Well said DelCed, there is command responsibility there.
Basically he says that the 9ers should have been fuming during the bye week after being embarassed by the Broncos. They had the perfect set up with the "pansies" (his words) of the NFC west coming into town, a beat down was in order. Instead, we scored 10 points total and got manhandled in our own house. Embarassing to say the least.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Basically saying outside a couple players no one played that game liked they really WANTED to win....team might not ever play a complete game, can't just talk about it, have to actually do it....took Kaepernick to task in a "gentle" way, saying stop being so defensive about criticism and start getting it done on the field...and slammed Ellington for talking trash and getting a 15-yd penalty.

EDIT: Oh, and said there's no way it's all Roman, that absolutely Harbaugh gives the OK on play calls.

Thanks! All that sounds about right to me.
Sorry, I reposted. Pls delete this reply mods.
[ Edited by Caligula66 on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM ]

He also stated OLINE gets 60% the rest is on kap.

And if you're supposed to be as good as you believe or the coaches make you out to be, don't fumble on the 1 yard line. Throw a better pass to crabs for the winning TD, and oh, stop making excuses. He also mentioned Kap's attitude........
[ Edited by ratchoke on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:42 AM ]
All I hear is him bashing Kap's work ethic. I don't think his work ethic is the problem. It's his ghetto attitude of thinking he's the center of the universe when the team doesn't win.

I agree that Kap isn't a leader. He's too immature to be a leader.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:55 AM ]
Whatd he say about his attitude? The backwards hat attitude or the being defensive to reporters?
Brent Jones isn't drinking the Kaep coolaid like some on the Zone.
In other words, if you can read between the lines of what Brent is saying, the team has quit playing footbal to win. And we have a 3% chance of winning in New Orleans on Sunday.. It's a total cluster fcuk.. How the mighty have fallen..
Share 49ersWebzone