There are 269 users in the forums

Underappreciated: Jim Tomsula

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Excellent call. The war is won in the trenches and our OLine & DLines have played way above expectations. HUGE credit to JH's coaching staff
Originally posted by rudedog:
They interviewed him a few months back and he more or less said that he didn't want to be a HC, that he loved working with the guys in the trenches. He was a HC coach in NFL Europe and filled in for the Niners last year but he said thats not his cup of tea. He has the D-line fired up and playing very well and I think that is why they are doing so good. Keep up the good work coach.

I Love his enthusiam, it seems as he treats the DL as his kids just by the way he interacts with Aldon. He meshes well with Harbs.
He really likes the 9ers DLinmen and they seem to respond to him. Love his Ice comments during the game! He has a very nerdy-cool way of speaking.
He's the greatest head coach of all time. He is undefeated.
49ers Defensive Line Coach Jim Tomsula Prefers Less Coverage by Bill Hanstock • Oct 17, 2011 7:30 AM PDT

The sports world is abuzz with the brouhaha between head coaches Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz following the San Francisco 49ers' victory over the Detroit Lions. But everyone is somehow overlooking the real story here: namely, the aggressive sexual bravado on display by 49ers defensive line coach and resident Lothario, Jim Tomsula.

Tomsula, long the personal Ron Jeremy of the 49ers, has flown his freak flag on national television before, but each time he appears with his undershirt-less jacket unzipped far more than is socially acceptable, it's a moment to savor. Truly, here is a man who plays by his own rules. He's a shining star in his own mind, a big, bright, beautiful shining star. He's a pool boy, and the world is his cabana.

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2011/10/17/2495095/jim-tomsula-chest-hair-49ers-dl-coach-ron-jeremy
I loved this hire ever since they brought him over.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
49ers Defensive Line Coach Jim Tomsula Prefers Less Coverage by Bill Hanstock • Oct 17, 2011 7:30 AM PDT

The sports world is abuzz with the brouhaha between head coaches Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz following the San Francisco 49ers' victory over the Detroit Lions. But everyone is somehow overlooking the real story here: namely, the aggressive sexual bravado on display by 49ers defensive line coach and resident Lothario, Jim Tomsula.

Tomsula, long the personal Ron Jeremy of the 49ers, has flown his freak flag on national television before, but each time he appears with his undershirt-less jacket unzipped far more than is socially acceptable, it's a moment to savor. Truly, here is a man who plays by his own rules. He's a shining star in his own mind, a big, bright, beautiful shining star. He's a pool boy, and the world is his cabana.

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2011/10/17/2495095/jim-tomsula-chest-hair-49ers-dl-coach-ron-jeremy
"When Jim Tomsula appears on your television, larger than life, his chest hair plainly visible in high definition, take a moment to reflect. Maybe elbow your friend so the two of you can share the moment. This is a man whose every action suggests he's late to the Regal Beagle, where he's got a date with a trio of Swedish flight attendants."

OMFG that's such a funny article. nice find Hessian.
Great piece on Tomsula, no wonder the guys wanna play for this guy, this guy, boy a real gem among the coaching staff.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Tomsula-49ers-had-the-right-people-all-a?blockID=606164&feedID=5936

"What I appreciate it is they've stuck together through it. They persevered and they did it right. They did it right. I'm just speaking for my guys. They did it right, and now you see where this goes. That's what I feel best about."Read more: Tomsula: 49ers had the right people all along Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
Is it just me or does he look a tad like Ron Jeremy?
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
Is it just me or does he look a tad like Ron Jeremy?

lol he does. just add long hair and he is his brother.

Love how he gives my boi Isaac Sopoaga some credit.....CAN I GET A CHEE HOO FOR THIS SOLE!!!!!!!
And now, as he's been moved back in there, that's one I guy I tell ya who is just doing a heck of a job, I mean really doing a heck of a job. And I put a lot on those guys, I really do. And he studies. Isaac's one of those guys, if I ever showed you his notebook, it's phenomenal. The way he writes and the notes and just how detailed he is in paying attention to things. He'll come in in the morning and he's got questions. He's been writing, he's been watching film and he works reeeeeally, really hard at it. It's hard to play that spot. It's hard to do both.

"The only fat guy in that room needs to be me. I'm not into the fat guys. And I don't mean that wrong, but you know what I'm saying – the big, heavy, you-need-to-be-350-lbs.-to-play-nose-guard types. No you don't, you need to be strong and you need to be able to move."

I guess no 350 fatties in the draft. Cool! Glad to hear Ice is kickin' ass n takin' names!!!!
[ Edited by ninertico on Dec 6, 2011 at 3:25 PM ]
you obviously haven't seen the joe show singalong...

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/?p=8037&preview=true

A source said that 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula either will interview or already has interviewed for the job as the University of Pittsburgh's head coach. Former coach Todd Graham left five days ago to take the job at Arizona State, after former 49ers coach Dennis Erickson was fired at ASU.
In case anyone missed it on the front page.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/10/23/49ers-tomsula-back-to-where-it-all-began/

I like hearing his story, proves he's a real grinder. I feel sometimes he doesn't the props he deserves but at least he's ours and knows he's an essential part of our team.
Share 49ersWebzone