LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

New offensive coordinator

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
At this rate I'm willing to give Jimmy Raye another shot. (If still alive)

I think he is...well, it looks like he's sleeping, anyhow. Not sure.
On a serious note though, what OC wouldn't want to come here under the condition that Harbaugh (via Baalke) has to completely stay out of the offense? Look at the epic talent on this team! My God. From CK down to Hunter, there is so much you can work with it would be hard not to have paralysis by over analysis (on trying to get everyone involved)!
Originally posted by cciowa:
and at this point in time after yesterday and yet another example of how these two can f**k up the unf**kable i have to say,, its ok with me. in a post 30 minutes ago i said resigning JH is my first choice but now i have changed my mind

I'm about there as well. Sorry Jim but the magic is gone. It happens. Next coach up. If I were York, I'd be sitting with an offer to promote Fangio to head coach if we lose to the Saints. I'm tired..oh so tired.....
I get that most likely Harbs would have to go in order to get a new OC...im not at that point yet (dropping JH). I guess I wanted to see who everyone thought could or would make a good OC/HC with the current players we have?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:
and at this point in time after yesterday and yet another example of how these two can f**k up the unf**kable i have to say,, its ok with me. in a post 30 minutes ago i said resigning JH is my first choice but now i have changed my mind

I'm about there as well. Sorry Jim but the magic is gone. It happens. Next coach up. If I were York, I'd be sitting with an offer to promote Fangio to head coach if we lose to the Saints. I'm tired..oh so tired.....
and to try to head this off,,,,,,,,, it is ok to be grateful to JH for what he did to pull us out of the hole we were in and still at the same expect something more than the INEXCUSABLE horses**t we saw sunday vs a last place team at our place after a bye. this terrible loss just like the super bowl loss and many others is squarely at the foot of the coaches. not the refs, not the players,, well maybe crabtree and the putrid o line which has always been bad in pass protection in my opinion since the arrival of jh
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This is Harbaugh's offense, period. You can attack Roman all you want but this is th offense Harbaugh wants. Roman is only calling what he is told to call. Replace Roman and you'll get someone else calling the same sort of offense. This is the tradeoff with Harbaugh, the team will win games but the offense will usually struggle against better teams and sometimes, lesser ones too.

It's Harbaughs offense, but Roman calls the plays. Roman calls the dumbest plays at the wrong time. A better OC will prepare better, call better plays in the offensive system, keep the chains moving.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by braap49er:
This is Harbaugh's offense, period. You can attack Roman all you want but this is th offense Harbaugh wants. Roman is only calling what he is told to call. Replace Roman and you'll get someone else calling the same sort of offense. This is the tradeoff with Harbaugh, the team will win games but the offense will usually struggle against better teams and sometimes, lesser ones too.

It's Harbaughs offense, but Roman calls the plays. Roman calls the dumbest plays at the wrong time. A better OC will prepare better, call better plays in the offensive system, keep the chains moving.

Great point that i think people need to realize. Our problem hasn't necessarily been play design but play calling. Roman has no feel for calling plays.
  • cools
  • Veteran
If Harbs is the coach it will probably be Geep Chryst

Besides all the horrible plays being called, a constant problem is the time it takes for Kap to get the play

that has been going on since Harbs and his crew took over, I have no idea where the speed bump takes place, but it needs to be fixed.

with that said, I get the feeling Harbs will be gone, and the next head coach will plug in his own OC
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the new oc will be whoever the new coach wants to bring in, that is the only way you will get a new oc around here by bringing in a new head coach.. now you just have to ask yourself" is that ok with me?

yes. no one's buying harbaughs s**t anymore.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
At this rate I'm willing to give Jimmy Raye another shot. (If still alive)

I think he is...well, it looks like he's sleeping, anyhow. Not sure.

he would have known to give gore or hyde a shot and you know that,,,,, now think about that niner fans,,,,, what does it say about our current head coach and his fat little henchman, that , as much as we f**kING HATE, to admit it,,,,,,, f**king jimmy uncle fester raye would have known to do what all of us think should have been done on first and goal from the one yard line,, let that sink in

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
the new oc will be whoever the new coach wants to bring in, that is the only way you will get a new oc around here by bringing in a new head coach.. now you just have to ask yourself" is that ok with me?

yes. no one's buying harbaughs s**t anymore.
i stopped buying romans s**t on first and goal from the 7 in the super bowl and i stopped buying the head of the rattlesnakes s**t on first and goal from the one yesterday in a game there was no EXCUSE to lose
Originally posted by cools:
If Harbs is the coach it will probably be Geep Chryst

Besides all the horrible plays being called, a constant problem is the time it takes for Kap to get the play

that has been going on since Harbs and his crew took over, I have no idea where the speed bump takes place, but it needs to be fixed.

with that said, I get the feeling Harbs will be gone, and the next head coach will plug in his own OC

Exactly. Give the guy some time to analyze the defense and make some pre snap reads. It also settles CK down. We all know CK will never been mistaken for Joe Montana in the "cool under pressure" department so why leave only a few seconds on the clock. Yes I understand that it keeps the defense from making last minute adjustments but sure seems as if it hurts our team more than helps it. So how about we scratch the Helter Skelter offensive stategy for one?

It's these little things that drive a fan crazy!!!!!!!

No its not. Dont just spit words and call them fact. Harbaugh stands 100% behind Riman and his offense.

You want to see Harbaughs O, then turn on the tape from the Stanford Orange Bowl and look for three tight ends on the field at all times. Roman is trying to tailor this O to Kaep with an injured Vernon Davis, so hes running a spread attack, because we have the personnel.

Harbaugj is behind Roman and committed but i dontknow why because Harbaugh lives with the fullback and multiple tightends. And Roman is so far away from that right now
Originally posted by braap49er:

And every call goes through Harbaugh so if Harbaugh thinks the playcall is dumb, he has the option to change it. That he's stuck by Roman for almost 4 seasons now tells me that he has no issues with his playcalling.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
No its not. Dont just spit words and call them fact. Harbaugh stands 100% behind Riman and his offense.

You want to see Harbaughs O, then turn on the tape from the Stanford Orange Bowl and look for three tight ends on the field at all times. Roman is trying to tailor this O to Kaep with an injured Vernon Davis, so hes running a spread attack, because we have the personnel.

Harbaugj is behind Roman and committed but i dontknow why because Harbaugh lives with the fullback and multiple tightends. And Roman is so far away from that right now

Every call Roman makes goes through Harbaugh, so if Harbaugh has an issue with the call, he certainly can go ahead and change it or advise Roman on what calls he would prefer.

Whatever Harbaugh's offense might have been, it isn't what is being called right now and it doesn't seem like anyone on the coaching staff or the players even know what this team's offensive philosophy really is anymore either.

That Roman is still here going on 4 seasons is evidence of Harbaugh tacitly approving of his playcalling, otherwise he would have been out the door awhile ago. Greg Roman works for the 49ers, more directly he works for Jim Harbaugh, if Harbaugh has any issues with how the playcalling is being done or the direction that it is going in, he has the authority to s**tcan Roman at anytime, that it hasn't happened pretty much should tell you that Harbaugh is onboard with how the offense is being ran.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone