Are the Wr's overrated?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are the Wr's overrated?

No, they are just bored.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
What does Seattle have? What did Baltimore have the year before? How about the Giants in 2011? The receivers are the furthest thing from the problem.

This x100

Add x10,000. We have one of the most talented WR corps in the league, no question. The WR's are not the problem. I'll point to Kaep being the issue before the WR's. After all Kaep is the one thats supposed to get them the ball. Some of his throws yesterday were sooo off. I'm a Kaep supporter but he's very inconsistent. He'll make a back peddle throw to the back of the endzone (Boldin TD vs Rams couple weeks ago) but he misses Crabs on a simple slant which would have given them a big gain.
No.just our quarterback.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
crabtree is. the rest are legit.

better watch what you say ,Jackleggedniner will be on here berating anybody who tells the truth about Crabs**t. Yes Crabs**t does not mix well with Keap when it counts,time for Crabs**t to move on,I for one will not miss His DROPS at key points in the game...I have never seen such Bad play from Crabs**t since hee has been here,,,But I know this it won't be long now when he is a 9er no more yeah!
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Crabtree is
Crabtree isn't a true #1
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Crabs is a good WR, over rated by many in the Zone, but not trash. [BTW, I'm not a Crabs fan but he's still solid when used properly]

SJ is our best receiver,

Then Boldin.

We really need a true burner #1 WR. That will open up opportunities for the other WR.

BUTTTT more than that we need a NEW offensive minded approach. I had hair the last time we scored more than one TD in the 4th Quarter.

Can JH/Roman give it to us?

I'm doubtful.
My point was that we don't need a true number one. What would you consider a true number one? To me those are the AJ Green's, Calvin Johnson's, Julio Jones's, and Andre Johnson's (in his prime). We do need a burner that can be a number 3 at worse. I agree with that. But they don't have to be a number 1 in the sense. A Torrey Smith type would be good enough for me. Truth be told Michael Crabtree looked his best when he had two burners in Randy Moss (who was simply a decoy) and Ted Ginn to complement him.

Either way, Im hoping to have Stevie Johnson long term, to develop Patton and Ellington, and to FINALLY draft a receiver with top end speed that isn't so weak that can't get off the line of scrimmage in 2015.
The team lacks a receiver who can keep the opposing D honest with the deep ball. He doesn't need to be the focal point just someone to keep the D honest.
Asked this question a few weeks ago and I think are WR's are very overrated. Besides Boldin there isn't much there that strikes fear into opponents. No one creates separation, no home run threats. Just a bunch of solid # 2 and 3 wrs. Add a terrible offensive scheme and this is what ya get.
Not sure I would say overrated but I would just say slow. And being slow can't get it done vs Seattle unless your coaching staff runs some bunch or stacked formations to create separation. Roman doesn't seem to do that. Almost every pass CK threw the wr;s were draped. When they made catches they were tackled immediately and didn't get any YAC. Crabtree, Lloyd and SJ are all average wr's. Boldin is the only above average great wr on the roster. But speed isn't his strong suit. And CK isn't throwing accurately enough to throw Boldin passes in tight windows when he can out body defenders. Niners need to find a TY Hilton type of wr to go along with this group. And last years draft was loaded with top level wr's with speed and size. Many of them are having great rookie years. .

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The team lacks a receiver who can keep the opposing D honest with the deep ball. He doesn't need to be the focal point just someone to keep the D honest.

That used to be VD.
No they can only do what the dumb oc tells them to do. take a look at our passing game numbers the entire time Roman has been at the helm, they're the same no matter how much or how little talent we've had
that is a system issue.
Not overrated at all, they're just not a good fit for the sort of passing offense that this team wants to run. The scheme doesn't really help in getting guys open, either the receivers win their 1 on 1 matches or the play isn't going anywhere. All of these guys would fit better in an offense like KC's than the one that the 49ers are currently running.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not overrated at all, they're just not a good fit for the sort of passing offense that this team wants to run. The scheme doesn't really help in getting guys open, either the receivers win their 1 on 1 matches or the play isn't going anywhere. All of these guys would fit better in an offense like KC's than the one that the 49ers are currently running.

I have yet to figure out what type of offense we're running?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Boldin is the only real player, Stevie is okay. Crabs is overrated
Share 49ersWebzone