LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Do you believe Colin Kaepernick is the answer at QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you believe Colin Kaepernick is the answer at QB?

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
It is embarrassing that SF, a SB contender has a QB that is not able to make some very simple reads. On top of that, his ball security is crap.

No wonder our rookie Center struggled so much. His QB knows about as much as the rookie.

Amazing.

Not only is Kap responsible for every aspect of his own game, he's also responsible for other players sucking.
Even I am excusing Kap for that goal line fumble that costs us the Ram game. First the bad snap which he secures but it costs precious time delaying him lunging forward. Then from the still photos it appears Kap has a strong two armed grip on the ball but then Bruce Miller bear hugs him (No way Kap could have seen that coming) from behind and tries to carry him in the end zone (illegal anyway). There is no photo angle to show it but I bet Miller knocked the ball out.
Originally posted by buck:
Does Gore understand football?

I think that he does, and he seems to think winning and losing depends on the team.

Here is what he said.

There has been much consternation in the Bay Area about the use of Gore within the 49ers' offense, as the team's run percentage has dipped from 53 percent in 2013 to 44 percent this year. Gore, however, doesn't believe merely handing the ball off more will magically improve the offense.

"Nah, it's a team," Gore said. "We have great players all around. Receivers, the backs, I just think as a group we have to do better, (be) more consistent. It's always one player here or one player there. In this league, that can't happen. You're not going to win games when everybody on offense isn't clicking together."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000423584/article/niners-frank-gore-were-going-to-the-playoffs

Yes, Gore can rise above and see the forest but his fans on this site keep pointing out trees. I'll blame the maple...always losing it's leaves!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
whats the point of having 2 kap threads ?
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by Janitor:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/11/06/kaepernick-on-pace-to-produce-historic-season/

It's crazy with the season we are having he is having a season like this..

Que "stats don't matter" in 3.....2.......1........

I hear you but with the problems we are having with our o-line it's pretty impressive he is still having a season like this...

In the only season Jeff Garcia had which will possibly be slightly better statistically than the one Kaepernick his having, Garcia was sacked 24 times the entire season. Kaepernick has already been sacked 27 times. This reminds me of 2006, when Alex Smith was battling through problems with bad protection. He ended up the season after having been sacked 35 times and as someone who I suppose would have been labeled part of the "pro-Smith crowd" by posters like BobS, I would point out that it's hard to perform well when you're getting no protection - of course, fans like BobS referred to this line of analysis as "Alexcuses."
Originally posted by susweel:

If it bothers you, pick one and stay on it.

It's really handy! I make my negative comments in one and possitive in the other! Hmm...we need a third for my neutral thoughts.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by buck:
Does Gore understand football?

I think that he does, and he seems to think winning and losing depends on the team.

Here is what he said.

There has been much consternation in the Bay Area about the use of Gore within the 49ers' offense, as the team's run percentage has dipped from 53 percent in 2013 to 44 percent this year. Gore, however, doesn't believe merely handing the ball off more will magically improve the offense.

"Nah, it's a team," Gore said. "We have great players all around. Receivers, the backs, I just think as a group we have to do better, (be) more consistent. It's always one player here or one player there. In this league, that can't happen. You're not going to win games when everybody on offense isn't clicking together."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000423584/article/niners-frank-gore-were-going-to-the-playoffs

Yes, Gore can rise above and see the forest but his fans on this site keep pointing out trees. I'll blame the maple...always losing it's leaves!

Sure thing Frank.
"We were the better team. We didn't finish," Gore said on Monday.
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/29/49ers-frank-gore-on-nfc-championship-loss-to-new-york-giants-we-were-the-better-team/
"I just feel like we [were] the better team. They got away with one today. We showed we were the better team. It was just a couple plays here, a couple plays there."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8913833/2013-super-bowl-frank-gore-says-san-francisco-49ers-were-better-team-baltimore-ravens
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Janitor:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/11/06/kaepernick-on-pace-to-produce-historic-season/

It's crazy with the season we are having he is having a season like this..

Que "stats don't matter" in 3.....2.......1........

I hear you but with the problems we are having with our o-line it's pretty impressive he is still having a season like this...

No I'm agreeing with you, and saying Kap downers will just make excuses around the facts....

Agreed! This should be locked already

This one was kept open because it was a poll. That justification seems pretty much exhausted now, like most of the arguments.

Not many teams are able to have a quarterback controversy with only one quarterback

Share 49ersWebzone