LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

This team is poorly coached!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The offensive philosophy absolutely blows...the defensive schemes can be just as vanilla at times (much more rare though) and one of the first and most salient signs of a poorly coached team is a very high number of penalties.

The truth of the matter is though, even if we someone squeaked this out, despite all the talent and depth, does anyone really feel confident in this team to make a deep playoff run?
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM ]
Originally posted by MarkD:
The oline sucks and are not playing well that is why they aren't running the ball and opting to spread the Rams out. It also put Kap in the shotgun which gives him more time to throw.

How did that work? The oline struggles more in the passing game than in the running game. The offensive coaches are dog muffins. Kevin Summerlein coach at Texas A&M come on down.
Hey remember the report about Harbs act growing tired in the locker room,, welll the way this team is playing,there seems to be something to this....
  • dj43
Originally posted by NCommand:
The offensive philosophy absolutely blows...the defensive schemes can be just as vanilla at times (much more rare though) and one of the first and most salient signs of a poorly coached team is a very high number of penalties.

The truth of the matter is though, even if we someone squeaked this out, despite all the talent and depth, does anyone really feel confident in this team to make a deep playoff run?

Someone please post the Jim Mora "playoff" gif.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
We're still winning the Super Bowl this year, eff whatchu heard.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Not on defense, not the RB's... the problem is Roman, Solari and partly Harbaugh for not getting rid of them or getting on their asses or helping them fix the problem. The entire staff is pretty good it's just a few key spots (OC, OL) that is bringing down the entire team.

This. The D has been awesome (including today) with a ton of injuries to our best players. Offense has been horrible in terms of play calling and OL play. People wanna blame Kaep, Montana, Young, Manning (the good one), Brady, nobody would have played well w/the s**t job this OL is doing. Roman has been pathetic, on the 1 yard line with a timeout, we should have went 2 TE, FB and either Gore or Hyde and ran that b***h up the gut and scored a TD.
Please just clean house Baalke
Start with Baalke!
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Please just clean house Baalke

All I needed to see was Tomsula over with the OL firing them up for the final drive that got them down to the 1. Tomsula. Let me say that again. It was Tomsula firing up Staley, Iupati, Martin, Davis and Boone. Tomsula. And they delivered.
Originally posted by Thirstyfor49ers14:
Start with Baalke!

Huh?

• Baldie
  • Veteran

Honestly I think this team can do damage in the playoffs. The problem is getting in.

Yup I've been watching football for 30 years, and I've seen enough with this team already, this regime has clearly regressed.
The bye week came and gone... any playoff hopes could be down the drain as well. The coaches definitely need to pull their ugly heads out of their rears!
I want Chucky!
the team is talented enough
they just have to play
they have to be put in position to win
roman cannot do that on a week to week basis and especially when we need him to do it the most.

i keep thinking back to the super bowl and if we had won the super bowl i wouldn't even care about anything going on right now. but when you don't win the pressure builds every single year.. and that is because roman believed throwing the ball 3 times from 5 yards out was better than running it 3 times from 5 yards out.

and we see he still feels the same way from 2 yards out
Share 49ersWebzone