There are 232 users in the forums

Decision to trade

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Constantine:
If Crabs walks after this year i could see him going to the Giants or Steelers.
it would take huge Money to go there, he's a cowboy at heart
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The Giants and Steelers have wr's better than Crabs already wiht young guys developing for the cheap. Why are they gonna pay him a huge salary. Cowboys got 2 wr's playing better than him and one of them is going to get a monster deal. They not breaking the bank for him either.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
This is why we shoulda traded him from the get go... He never wanted to be a 49er.. the guy is good, but he's not a premier player...

Steve Johnson is already showing that he can be as good as Crab.. We shoulda traded him to the Jets, or Indy..
Originally posted by 9moon:
This is why we shoulda traded him from the get go... He never wanted to be a 49er.. the guy is good, but he's not a premier player...

Steve Johnson is already showing that he can be as good as Crab.. We shoulda traded him to the Jets, or Indy..

Do you mean at the beginning of his career? If so, I think it's a safe bet that Joe Montana wasn't too happy about being drafted by the 49ers in 1979. Stop holding grudges.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Do you mean at the beginning of his career? If so, I think it's a safe bet that Joe Montana wasn't too happy about being drafted by the 49ers in 1979. Stop holding grudges.
remember vernon cried because he was so sad we picked him i think that is what got nolannonsense banned. but really line long is right,, there is no proof he never wanted to be a niner and even so it was five damn years ago. now i love stevie and really hopes he gets more time but i grow weary of fans ripping or questioning our players desire to be on the team and work ethic like they are trying to set the stage to convince us those guys need to go
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
It is going to be the other way round. We won't be trading for players. We will be trying to trade players for draft picks to make room for our returnees.

Paging Mr Dodds, telephone call for you from a Mr Baalke.

yep that's my thoughts exactly.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
It is going to be the other way round. We won't be trading for players. We will be trying to trade players for draft picks to make room for our returnees.

Paging Mr Dodds, telephone call for you from a Mr Baalke.

yep that's my thoughts exactly.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
if you look back to all the years we won the Super Bowl, they all have one thing in common..

.. and that's a defense with AGING VETERANS and veteran players on offense that just wanted to win... the same very aging veterans helped in the locker room, helped to contain the team, and helped the young ones learn how to win, how to deal with adversity..

1981 - a free agent veteran FS (Dwight Hicks) carried the 3 rookie DBs and showed them how to become professional. an aging ILB (Hacksaw) once told Ronnie Lott that he can not be and will not be a GREAT player if he can't bring a simple pencil with him during meetings.

1984 - the most sound Super Bowl team we ever had in my opinion.. had not for a bad call by the ref against Pittsburgh, we woulda gone undefeated this year.. Bill Walsh knew that the core of the team were becoming veterans and would no longer listen to Hacksaw, Bill Walsh brought in two new players that would inject new blood to the team's defense.. and tho they were brought in back in 1983, via trade if not free agency, Walsh knew that it was only a matter of time before Gary "Big Hand" Johnson and Fred Dean would be the missing puzzle of the future.

1988 - This Super Bowl win came a year later.. we were a better team back in 1987, but went to the playoffs not having any respect w/the Vikings.

1989 - With Walsh retiring, the whole management knew that Seifert may not be enuff to just takeover the team.. they wanted hungry veterans w/something to prove to mix w/the defense that was looking for identity even after winning the Super Bowl from a year ago.. The team landed both Matt Millen and Jim Burt.. while Matt Millen was the only player that got the respect of Charles Haley (the most) and was like an older brother to Ronnie Lott, Jim Burt took all the DL, especially HOLT under his wings.. in the Super Bowl, while the team we're trying to find something that would motivate them against an overmatch Broncos, it was Matt Millen who stood up in the middle of the locker room and said.. "screwwww all these inspiring stories about this guy, thus sucker, lets just go out there and DO IT!!"

1994 - Tho DEION got most of the attention, and a very well deserved DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR, it was the signing of OLB Ricky Jackson; Richard Dent; Charles Mann, Brad Culpepper and Tai Cook that completed this team on the defensive side of the ball to finally play against Dallas.. Ricky Jackson and Tim Harris continued to harrass every QB all year long..

THESE ARE AGING VETERANS THAT WANTED TO BE CHAMPIONS!!

Just to be clear, Dean was brought in in 1981 and held out in 1984 until he saw us dominating without him.
Just to add - 1984 - Michael Carter and Jeff Stover were young guys.

Texans
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Texans

Texans are cap strapped. They may be able to get him but I'm not sure how much dead money will clear. With the dumb Foster and Johnson contract, they're in a FA pickle. They may have to cut both, take the hit and hope for something in the draft.

Furthermore, their line sucks beyond anything I've ever seen before; except for the line they fielded when Carr was QB.

Crabtree will not be in Texas period. He's going to the Raiders or some other crummy team that actually cleared space. Maybe the Bucks.
Share 49ersWebzone