LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Realistic Playoff Chances

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by audick:
Realistic:

Arizona 12-4
Niners: 11-5, or 10-6, miss playoffs.

Just my best objective assessment. This is not their year.

Hope springs eternal, however.

Cards will loose to the boys, us, seahawks twice, and rams once. Book it.
Realistic:

Arizona 12-4
Niners: 11-5, or 10-6, miss playoffs.

Just my best objective assessment. This is not their year.

Hope springs eternal, however.

I like you, you're an educated poster, so I'm going to give you some good, life long advise......you need to pass it down from generation to generation until it reaches your great, great, great, great, great grandchildren......

Eat more fish.....expose yourself to as much fish oil as possible.....

Originally posted by CWin4949:
I like you, you're an educated poster, so I'm going to give you some good, life long advise......you need to pass it down from generation to generation until it reaches your great, great, great, great, great grandchildren......

Fish: too much Mercury. I'm sticking with snake oil.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Cards will loose to the boys, us, seahawks twice, and rams once. Book it.

Seahawks are to weak to sweep them. Rams are too weak to play football. They will lose to boys, us and Seahawks once.
Bummer that the hawks and cards pulled out wins today. Our chances at the wildcard is slim due to the NFCE and NFCN, but we still have a good shot at our division. We obviously need wins at home vs ARI, SEA, and STL, plus a few wins sprinkled in...

Our chances are probably ~40%
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Fish: too much Mercury. I'm sticking with snake oil.

No, seriously, your gene line needs an influx of fish oil, your evolutional bloodline is depending on you friend....
11-5 with a split with seattle and a win week 17 vs zona will win the division for SF. This is assuming we win the tie breakers with both Arizona and Seattle. That means 7-2 the rest of the way with a loss at Seattle and at home vs San Diego or at New Orleans.
I still feel the NFC West will be knotted up three ways before it all ends. I've predicted since the day the schedule came out that week 17 could decide a lot of things.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Bummer that the hawks and cards pulled out wins today. Our chances at the wildcard is slim due to the NFCE and NFCN, but we still have a good shot at our division. We obviously need wins at home vs ARI, SEA, and STL, plus a few wins sprinkled in...

Our chances are probably ~40%

Not looking good at all with Cards at 6-1 and Seahawks tied with us now.

My main concern is our offense still sucks disregard what the other teams are doing. I hate the fact we are throwing the ball too much while the O-line is playing terrible even when we want to run the ball. If we can't get our run game going again to field a more balanced offense, I am just not convinced this new offense can get it done.

So, yea 40% sounds about right.
I think we have a winning record, but I don't think we reach the playoffs this year. With the cardinals winning today, I think they've kind of sealed their ride. They are playing really well, and things are just going their way. I don't think that stops any time soon.

Still a lot of football to be played, and I'm optimistic about our chances at a wild card but definately not the division. It should be an interesting few weeks.

• SaksV
  • Veteran
The Cardinals will not win more than 4 more games the remainder of this season...
Seahawks are still our main threat
[ Edited by SaksV on Oct 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I think we have a winning record, but I don't think we reach the playoffs this year. With the cardinals winning today, I think they've kind of sealed their ride. They are playing really well, and things are just going their way. I don't think that stops any time soon.

Still a lot of football to be played, and I'm optimistic about our chances at a wild card but definately not the division. It should be an interesting few weeks.

Lol
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

The Cards are a good team but imo they had two games handed to them. Refs handed them a win versus us, and Chip Kelly gave them one today with that dumb ass goal line call. I just dont see them keeping up this level of play. All these close games take a toll on a team and they are thin as it is. I think they will skid starting next week. Two losses (which is a given) is all they need to lose their grip. I count one next week, one to 49ers, one to Seattle. Anything else is icing on the cakd.
  • CMIO
No wildcard from the West. It's the Division title or bust.
Why no wild card from the west??? Detroit is 6-2, Pack 5-2 (depending on what happens tonight could be 5-3), Eagles 5-2 (we have a tb on them ). Eagles snd Packers play week 11 so thats an automatic loss in our favor. Lions Cards play week 11... again either way a loss in our favor. Eagles still have to play the cowboys twice. Then Lions Packers play to close the season. As long we play the opponet i front of us its taylor made for us to get in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone