LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Realistic Playoff Chances

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by cciowa:
None, all about improving our draft position....

agree, i think we need to really think about losing on purpose in order to draft higher. really, when we won games for three years, that is how we were built so maybe we need to go back to that formula

CC knock that crap off, this is my sarcasm squat, not yours.....

Of course, there is a rumour that, if we don't win the Super Bowl this year, not only will Jim Harbaugh be fired but the Yorks will move the team to LA.

source: some bloke on the Internet.
Originally posted by English:

agree, i think we need to really think about losing on purpose in order to draft higher. really, when we won games for three years, that is how we were built so maybe we need to go back to that formula

Of course, there is a rumour that, if we don't win the Super Bowl this year, not only will Jim Harbaugh be fired but the Yorks will move the team to LA.

Give me a few days, I can create something much more exciting than this.....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
As it stands right now the West Could end up with only 1 team representing the playoffs and if we cant catch up AZ we can possibly end up being left out the playoff picture all together.

Seems like both Dallas & Philly can both get in & u got the default championship in the NFC South and most likely both the Packers and the Lions will get in

We have to run the table to have any legitimate shot at securing a spot. Not worried bout the Cawks but i am worried about the North & East

9 more games to be played and we need 6 more wins to have a good (not great) chance to make the playoffs. Drafting almost last 3 years in a row allows the bottom feeding teams to dine at the table occasionally. Nothing much you can do about it but get those round 1 pick 1 players through free agency - like how we got Justin and Dorsey. Lloyd and Anquan weren't bad trades. I think with Aldon back we can make the playoffs.
I'm frustrated today with Lions and Seachicken wins when both coulda lost but to be honest with ourselves, the 49ers Playoffs really start next week. I really believe if they can go 7-2 to finish 11-5 or better then they can get a spot because Detroit & GB will hurt each other and same goes for the East with Phil & cowgirls in the meantime if the 49ers don't take care of their OWN business then the playoffs are a Moot point anyway right? Gotta get One game at a time no matter who the opponent and get better & healthier as a team.
Originally posted by English:

sounds like the media to me lol...wonder when we get a report that this is true
Some of you act like we're 10-5 going into week 17. There's still a lot of football left
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Zero to none if we lose to Seattle and the Cards. Cards just lost Peterson to an injury so the Eagles will have a better chance to win today. Seattle's defense isn't playing as well as last season. Point is, we have a chance if the Cards lose a couple. With our defense getting healthy at the right time it's all on our offense to score TD's in lieu FG's and 3 and outs. Must. Make. Teams. Pay. For. Stacking. The. Box. Must improve in the redzone.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
You'll drive yourself insane trying to look at all the possible scenarios in the future. That's called ANXIETY. Live in the NOW....right NOW it's the bye and all we can control is ourselves. Win one game next week and then another the week after. Lather, rinse, repeat. There is literally nothing we can do to "help" ourselves other than beating the upcoming opponent every seven days or so..
Originally posted by SaksV:
You'll drive yourself insane trying to look at all the possible scenarios in the future. That's called ANXIETY. Live in the NOW....right NOW it's the bye and all we can control is ourselves. Win one game next week and then another the week after. Lather, rinse, repeat. There is literally nothing we can do to "help" ourselves other than beating the upcoming opponent every seven days or so..

beating the rams is all we should be concerned about right now
Cowboys
Eagles
Lions
Packers
Arizona
Seattle

With records better than the Niners. Seattle has same record

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
still a lot of football to be played, boys.
  • buck
  • Veteran
We have not played a half a season yet. Hard to know what will or will not happen.

I do know is that the games are played on field and that we are still in the hunt.

I am worried about the St. Louis game.

I posted in another thread but as long as we go 7-2 or 8-1 we will win the divison or be a wild card. All the teams standing in front of us play each other (some more than once) and will slowly feed off each other. So unless the eagles, lions, and cards go undefeated here on out we are good.
Realistic:

Arizona 12-4
Niners: 11-5, or 10-6, miss playoffs.

Just my best objective assessment. This is not their year.

Hope springs eternal, however.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Cowboys
Eagles
Lions
Packers
Arizona
Seattle

With records better than the Niners. Seattle has same record

We already beat the cowboys and eagles so if we both finish with 3-5 losses, we get the wildcard. We still have shots ar cards and hawks.
Share 49ersWebzone