Denver Broncos and Bye week coaches film analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:
Originally posted by Phil:
That's why I'm so worried about this offense. Everyone will be rusty when they get back on D. This season could get out of hand with a couple more losses heading into the later Seattle/Arizona games. There's no need to analyze tape of defensive play from the Denver game. Missing Aldon, Bowman and Willis is a no brainier. It's not really even our defense at that point. People should be asking what happened with the offense but I suppose that's obvious too. Mistakes.... a clutch turnover, spotty o line play and drops. Denver could have won with 2 TD's. cut out the drops an the costly turnover and we keep Manning off the field while scoring points. It could have been a game even with our decimated defense. I walked away from that game pissed off at the offense. No excuse for that sort of s**tty play, from everyone not named Johnson/Lloyd.

Lol. clutch turnover. I've never heard anybody call the beginning of the 3rd quarter in a regular season game a clutch moment.

I have heard people grasp at straws to put more onus of a loss on Kap.

Just catch easy passes and don't commit a stupid penalty and Denver needs more than 2 TDs.

Spotty oline play? Try one of the worst games i've ever seen our oline play. And sadly, that includes Staley.

Edit: even on that CLUTCH turnover Looney let a D lineman run right by him. Everybody's been giving Talib and that lineman praise for coming up so CLUTCH in such a CLUTCH moment.......not.
The game got out of hand after the int. the defense was gassed and the very next drive Denver scored a TD. Then our offense came back and missed ANOTHER opportunity to score a TD and put Manning back in the field without putting up 7. The overthrow of Lloyd hurt. Yes Kaepernick made clutch mistakes. Why deny this? And I never said it was all on Kap. The drops also took TD's of the board and handed Mannjng the ball. Our offense didnt preform either. The defense was missing 4 starters, including Willis which was the "last straw". Going into the game I understood the offense would have to score over 30 and they couldn't get it done.

No you didn't say it was all on Kap....BECAUSE YOU CAN'T. You do try turn the 3rd quarter of a reg season game into a "clutch" moment so you can put more onus on Kap. Why deny this?
I can't say it because I can't? LOL what the hell are you on about? The fact of the matter is the offense s**t the bed and they weren't missing 4 starters three if which are the best in the league. The drops and Kaps turnover and overthrow of Lloyd were all clutch mistakes. Yes, Kaps mistakes were clutch. Re watch the game. Tell me, at what point did it completely get out of hand? In the third quarter you say? What happened in the third quarter?
[ Edited by Phil on Oct 25, 2014 at 1:32 PM ]
Ya sure. Missing Willis, Bowman, Aldon and Dorsey had no impact on the game. Ya, OK. The starting offense only scoring ten points and keeping Manning on the field also had no impact. Sure. OK.

don't worry, I was sarcastic in that entire sentence. just repeating what a couple others have said.

sounds stupid right?
I can't say it because I can't? LOL what the hell are you on about? The fact of the matter is the offense s**t the bed and they weren't missing 4 starters three if which are the best in the league. The drops and Kaps turnover and overthrow of Lloyd were all clutch mistakes. Yes, Kaps mistakes were clutch. Re watch the game. Tell me, at what point did it completely get out of hand? In the third quarter you say? What happened in the third quarter?

I mean i guess you could say it was all on Kap if you wanna look stupid. That game was out of hand already. It coulda been 21-17 at that point if we just executed, and even if it was, I doubt we win. Unless Denver committed a penalty, they scored. Peyton honestly coulda put up 50 that night if he wanted to. And no, i'm not gonna be the dumbass that calls the 3rd quarter of a reg season game a "clutch" moment. I'm pretty sure you're the first to ever do it. If those are clutch times, Kaps come up clutch a ridiculous amount of times for someone so young.
[ Edited by WilliamDonovan on Oct 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM ]
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Ya sure. Missing Willis, Bowman, Aldon and Dorsey had no impact on the game. Ya, OK. The starting offense only scoring ten points and keeping Manning on the field also had no impact. Sure. OK.

don't worry, I was sarcastic in that entire sentence. just repeating what a couple others have said.

sounds stupid right?

Lol, yes. It's like taking Davis, Boldin Crabtree, Gore and Kaepernick out of the game and expecting positive results. Our linebacker corps is the backbone of this defense. Add the Dorsey injury to the missing starting linebackers and its not even the Niners defense anymore. Add to it the fact the offense couldn't score and kept Manning on field and we have a slaughter.

sounds stupid right?

Exactly...,all we are missing is pretty much all the pro bowlers and best players on our defense and 3 of the top 5 guys on our whole roster, yet t had no impact on our season or the last game. Sure we are surviving their absence, but with them we are probably sitting at 6-1 or 7-0 with the best defense in the league.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM ]

sounds stupid right?

Lol, yes. It's like taking Davis, Boldin Crabtree, Gore and Kaepernick out of the game and expecting positive results. Our linebacker corps is the backbone of this defense. Add the Dorsey injury to the missing starting linebackers and its not even the Niners defense anymore. Add to it the fact the offense couldn't score and kept Manning on field and we have a slaughter.

can't call out any poster's names as I'd probably get in trouble for it. but to label the whole game as playing "prevent-a-win-defense" because we DIDN'T play enough press man-coverage is ludicrous.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Oct 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM ]
  • Phil
  • Veteran

I mean i guess you could say it was all on Kap if you wanna look stupid. That game was out of hand already. It coulda been 21-17 at that point if we just executed, and even if it was, I doubt we win. Unless Denver committed a penalty, they scored. Peyton honestly coulda put up 50 that night if he wanted to. And no, i'm not gonna be the dumbass that calls the 3rd quarter of a reg season game a "clutch" moment. I'm pretty sure you're the first to ever do it. If those are clutch times, Kaps come up clutch a ridiculous amount of times for someone so young.
I didnt say it was all on Kap. Never said that. And yes clutch mistakes were made in the game. We're talking about the Denver game here, a game in which clutch mistakes happened on offense. In a game, clutch mistakes can take place. You're really trying too hard here to make me look bad and its really not working. Cool off. Walk away.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:

sounds stupid right?

Exactly...,all we are missing is pretty much all the pro bowlers and best players on our defense and 3 of the top 5 guys on our whole roster, yet t had no impact on our season or the last game. Sure we are surviving their absence, but with them we are probably sitting at 6-1 or 7-0 with the best defense in the league.

Our offense is the reason we've been losing. The inability to get into the end zone. The defense, other than the Denver game, has been playing lights out.

I didnt say it was all on Kap. Never said that. And yes clutch mistakes were made in the game. We're talking about the Denver game here, a game in which clutch mistakes happened on offense. In a game, clutch mistakes can take place. You're really trying too hard here to make me look bad and its really not working. Cool off. Walk away.

Lmao quote me where i said that you said it was all on Kap. Oh damn, i never did lol.

Its really not that hard to make somebody look bad when they call the 3rd quarter of a regular season game "clutch", you're doing it yourself. I'm just reminding you how stupid you sound.
[ Edited by WilliamDonovan on Oct 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM ]
Could someone please tell me who's been labeled clutch or unclutch for their 3rd quarter play? Lmfao

• Phil
  • Veteran
That's why I'm so worried about this offense. Everyone will be rusty when they get back on D. This season could get out of hand with a couple more losses heading into the later Seattle/Arizona games. There's no need to analyze tape of defensive play from the Denver game. Missing Aldon, Bowman and Willis is a no brainier. It's not really even our defense at that point. People should be asking what happened with the offense but I suppose that's obvious too. Mistakes.... a clutch turnover, spotty o line play and drops. Denver could have won with 2 TD's. cut out the drops an the costly turnover and we keep Manning off the field while scoring points. It could have been a game even with our decimated defense. I walked away from that game pissed off at the offense. No excuse for that sort of s**tty play, from everyone not named Johnson/Lloyd.

not quite; the fact we got killed in that game was cuz we didnt play enough press/jamming man coverage. has nothing to do with injuries, rookies, no pass rush, the fact it's peyton at milehigh out there.

Thanks for the giggle.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Could someone please tell me who's been labeled clutch or unclutch for their 3rd quarter play? Lmfao

Check it out. A clutch mistake in a game is a mistake which leads to a shift in the game. A mistake that kills momentum. A mistake that kills a drive. There were many clutch mistakes on offense that night which had nothing to do with the o-line. The Boldin drop. The Crabtree drop. The Davis drop. The Kap int. the Kap overthrow of Lloyd. All clutch mistakes. Clutch as in, completely killing any hope of winning that game. Not clutch as far as the entire season. Mistakes were being made on offense all around. I have not said it was all Kaps fault.

Check it out. A clutch mistake in a game is a mistake which leads to a shift in the game. A mistake that kills momentum. A mistake that kills a drive. There were many clutch mistakes on offense that night which had nothing to do with the o-line. The Boldin drop. The Crabtree drop. The Davis drop. The Kap int. the Kap overthrow of Lloyd. All clutch mistakes. Clutch as in, completely killing any hope of winning that game. Not clutch as far as the entire season. Mistakes were being made on offense all around. I have not said it was all Kaps fault.

Whatever man. This is way too good of a thread for me to keep ruining it over your horrible view. Those are mistakes, not clutch mistakes. But it's whatever, you can be the only person in the world that calls those moments clutch, have at it.

Whatever man. This is way too good of a thread for me to keep ruining it over your horrible view. Those are mistakes, not clutch mistakes. But it's whatever, you can be the only person in the world that calls those moments clutch, have at it.

Kinda feel like the word "clutch" is being used too much here for an example......

You use clutch IN the clutch when the game is ON the line. To say EVERY key mistake was a 'clutch' mistake defeats the purpose of the word, doesn't it? f**king stupid argument lol. What is and what is not clutch.

I called those mistakes either momentum killers, critical mistakes, or just... mistakes....
Kinda feel like the word "clutch" is being used too much here for an example......

You use clutch IN the clutch when the game is ON the line. To say EVERY key mistake was a 'clutch' mistake defeats the purpose of the word, doesn't it? f**king stupid argument lol. What is and what is not clutch.

I called those mistakes either momentum killers, critical mistakes, or just... mistakes....

Yea the guy's a closet Kap hater....at least he tries to be. Kap only had one big mistake in the game so he has to use the word clutch to amplify it. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
Share 49ersWebzone