LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

We are in a GOOD position from this point forward.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Until we get healthy were not in a good position.

we are in a good position now,, 4-3 second place at the break with the toughest part of our schedule behind us.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I feel like this team is poised for a late run, which is what you want. Oh and Seattle has to travel to Carolina, for a 10 AM game. So they could be under .500 by the time this week is over.

I'm not holding my breath for the real Panthers D to show up. I'm not really getting how they went from a top-2 defense to middle-of-the-pack or worse in 1 season, but they did. They have been without the Kraken/woman-beater and their secondary is worse than b4 so that's affecting it, but the D should still be top-10. Sea @ Car won't be in favor of the home team if at all. The 'Cawks will be pissed and completely over their Percy Harvin drama. Panthers will most likely need a big hold on D or make a 40-yardish FG to win this.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I usually avoid this place after a loss, but I figured I would try and cheer people up a bit.

- Point number one: The Cardinals schedule -- The Cardinals have to play, Eagles, Dallas, Rams, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons, KC, Rams, Seahawks, 49ers.
I don't know how the hell they beat SD, but they did, so I'll give them that one. They beat us with the headbutting and the taunting and the hitting the quarterback too hard stuff. That is not something that can rely on for next time. So I'm not worried about playing them again.
All the games in bold are not going to be easy games for them. The first five games they'll be lucky to win two of them. The last five, they'll be lucky to win three of them. The Cardinals are up against a monster of a schedule. That two game advantage they have will not remain for very long. We aren't even playing next week, and by the time we play the Saints, we could easily be tied with them.

- We are getting a lot of players back from injury and rust. -- Anthony Davis was back for the last game, but now he has time to shake off some rust, same for Brock. Willis, Iupati, Culliver and Ward will be back.

- We might actually get Aldon Smith back sooner than thought. -- It's possible we have him for the Rams game, if not, he could easily be allowed to play in the Saints game. With Goodell you never know. He allows a rapist to get a reduction in time, so who knows what he would do for a tree killer.
Either way, he is coming back soon, and he will be ready to gel with an IMPROVING Lynch.

- The Seahawks are 3 - 3. -- We actually have a BETTER record than the Seahawks right now. So we are right in the thick of it. The season isn't over, we aren't doomed.

We are in as good of a position as we could have hoped considering all the b******t that has happened to us this year. We are ready to get strong and take this division in the second have of the season!
I like the way you think.

I believe
Originally posted by bigmur49:
All of this adversity and trouble is just going to make the "AMERICA'S GAME" special that much more fun to watch. If the Niners went 15-1 and then rolled through the playoffs it would be boring as hell.

This season, with all of the Harbaugh stuff, Aldon stuff, McDonald stuff, will end with Bowman returning from ghastly injury to lead the D through the playoffs, rookies contributing big, almost out of football Cox in the Pro Bowl, the rise of Colin Kaepernick, and the final glory for Justin Smith and Frank Gore (who scores the winning TD to clinch the ring) will never be forgotten in 49ers lore.

The embarrassment of the early losses, the absolute manhandling by the Broncos, leading to eventual redemption in Seattle and winning the NFC West in the last week.
Smashing the Seahawks again in the playoffs, then going to Big D -the site of so much heartache in the past- and knocking them off on the way to showing Denver and Peyton Manning what this team is really made of when 100%.

What an epic season this will turn out to be......

Yes, I still believe. Not to be too cheesy about he whole thing, it is just a football game after all.

God that was beautiful!

Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
That's great, isn't it? Aldon got so f**ked up that he fell asleep behind the wheel and only hit a tree. He should be knighted.

He should be knighted and you should be castrated. Can't have 'em all.
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
That's great, isn't it? Aldon got so f**ked up that he fell asleep behind the wheel and only hit a tree. He should be knighted.

He should be knighted and you should be castrated. Can't have 'em all.

Leave my nuts out of this please.
Originally posted by cciowa:

we are in a good position now,, 4-3 second place at the break with the toughest part of our schedule behind us.

I'm totally with you on this. If you would have told me we would be 4-3 after 1-2 start missing best pass rusher, best LBer, starting tackle, best TE, starting corner and then our other uber mlb would miss a game too, I would have taken 4-3 no questions asked. Injuries like those above usually lead to a 3-4 win season.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Trees everywhere rejoiced when Aldon Smith was suspended for nine games for murdering a tree in the first degree.

Originally posted by kray28:
Trees everywhere rejoiced when Aldon Smith was suspended for nine games for murdering a tree in the first degree.

He kept his foot on the gas, that is the difference.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I'm totally with you on this. If you would have told me we would be 4-3 after 1-2 start missing best pass rusher, best LBer, starting tackle, best TE, starting corner and then our other uber mlb would miss a game too, I would have taken 4-3 no questions asked. Injuries like those above usually lead to a 3-4 win season.
amazing when you consider the coach has lost the locker room
I'm telling you guys we ain't losing no more. 13-3
Originally posted by kray28:

I don't think he was suspended for hitting a tree. I'll have to check with my sources but I think it had more to do with his being drunk behind the wheel to begin with. Again, not 100% sure. Will confer with my sources within the league office.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I'm telling you guys we ain't losing no more. 13-3

I'm on board especially when Aldon returns. We will be hard to beat
Share 49ersWebzone