LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

We are in a GOOD position from this point forward.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I usually avoid this place after a loss, but I figured I would try and cheer people up a bit.

- Point number one: The Cardinals schedule -- The Cardinals have to play, Eagles, Dallas, Rams, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons, KC, Rams, Seahawks, 49ers.
I don't know how the hell they beat SD, but they did, so I'll give them that one. They beat us with the headbutting and the taunting and the hitting the quarterback too hard stuff. That is not something that can rely on for next time. So I'm not worried about playing them again.
All the games in bold are not going to be easy games for them. The first five games they'll be lucky to win two of them. The last five, they'll be lucky to win three of them. The Cardinals are up against a monster of a schedule. That two game advantage they have will not remain for very long. We aren't even playing next week, and by the time we play the Saints, we could easily be tied with them.

- We are getting a lot of players back from injury and rust. -- Anthony Davis was back for the last game, but now he has time to shake off some rust, same for Brock. Willis, Iupati, Culliver and Ward will be back.

- We might actually get Aldon Smith back sooner than thought. -- It's possible we have him for the Rams game, if not, he could easily be allowed to play in the Saints game. With Goodell you never know. He allows a rapist to get a reduction in time, so who knows what he would do for a tree killer.
Either way, he is coming back soon, and he will be ready to gel with an IMPROVING Lynch.

- The Seahawks are 3 - 3. -- We actually have a BETTER record than the Seahawks right now. So we are right in the thick of it. The season isn't over, we aren't doomed.

We are in as good of a position as we could have hoped considering all the b******t that has happened to us this year. We are ready to get strong and take this division in the second have of the season!
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 21, 2014 at 1:14 AM ]
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
I feel like this team is poised for a late run, which is what you want. Oh and Seattle has to travel to Carolina, for a 10 AM game. So they could be under .500 by the time this week is over.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We still have some tough games ahead. With 3 loses already we can't lose more than 2 more games and expect to sneak into the playoffs.
Looking at the schedule for Seattle I see at least 3 more losses for them, possibly as many as 5 if they don't right the ship. Similar for AZ, though it will probably come down to the last game of the year to decide the division championship between the Niners and Cards.

We just have to take care of business, meaning don't come out flat after the bye, and only lose 2 more games max the rest of the way. 11-5 will hopefully be enough. Hopefully the Chicago game doesn't come back to bite us.
And since we play the Cardinals in week 17, we're essentially only trailing them by one game. I would much rather play our schedule while trailing by one game than play theirs.
All of this adversity and trouble is just going to make the "AMERICA'S GAME" special that much more fun to watch. If the Niners went 15-1 and then rolled through the playoffs it would be boring as hell.

This season, with all of the Harbaugh stuff, Aldon stuff, McDonald stuff, will end with Bowman returning from ghastly injury to lead the D through the playoffs, rookies contributing big, almost out of football Cox in the Pro Bowl, the rise of Colin Kaepernick, and the final glory for Justin Smith and Frank Gore (who scores the winning TD to clinch the ring) will never be forgotten in 49ers lore.

The embarrassment of the early losses, the absolute manhandling by the Broncos, leading to eventual redemption in Seattle and winning the NFC West in the last week.
Smashing the Seahawks again in the playoffs, then going to Big D -the site of so much heartache in the past- and knocking them off on the way to showing Denver and Peyton Manning what this team is really made of when 100%.

What an epic season this will turn out to be......

Yes, I still believe. Not to be too cheesy about he whole thing, it is just a football game after all.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I usually avoid this place after a loss, but I figured I would try and cheer people up a bit.

- Point number one: The Cardinals schedule -- The Cardinals have to play, Eagles, Dallas, Rams, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons, KC, Rams, Seahawks, 49ers.
I don't know how the hell they beat SD, but they did, so I'll give them that one. They beat us with the headbutting and the taunting and the hitting the quarterback too hard stuff. That is not something that can rely on for next time. So I'm not worried about playing them again.
All the games in bold are not going to be easy games for them. The first five games they'll be lucky to win two of them. The last five, they'll be lucky to win three of them. The Cardinals are up against a monster of a schedule. That two game advantage they have will not remain for very long. We aren't even playing next week, and by the time we play the Saints, we could easily be tied with them.

- We are getting a lot of players back from injury and rust. -- Anthony Davis was back for the last game, but now he has time to shake off some rust, same for Brock. Willis, Iupati, Culliver and Ward will be back.

- We might actually get Aldon Smith back sooner than thought. -- It's possible we have him for the Rams game, if not, he could easily be allowed to play in the Saints game. With Goodell you never know. He allows a rapist to get a reduction in time, so who knows what he would do for a tree killer.
Either way, he is coming back soon, and he will be ready to gel with an IMPROVING Lynch.

- The Seahawks are 3 - 3. -- We actually have a BETTER record than the Seahawks right now. So we are right in the thick of it. The season isn't over, we aren't doomed.

We are in as good of a position as we could have hoped considering all the b******t that has happened to us this year. We are ready to get strong and take this division in the second have of the season!
of course this is the truth.. i will just waffle on the division thing ,,, after all we have been through i would just like for us to get in the playoffs any old way. once we are in,, we are playoff tested and should do very well.. however a divisional title is very realistic
Originally posted by bigmur49:
All of this adversity and trouble is just going to make the "AMERICA'S GAME" special that much more fun to watch. If the Niners went 15-1 and then rolled through the playoffs it would be boring as hell.

This season, with all of the Harbaugh stuff, Aldon stuff, McDonald stuff, will end with Bowman returning from ghastly injury to lead the D through the playoffs, rookies contributing big, almost out of football Cox in the Pro Bowl, the rise of Colin Kaepernick, and the final glory for Justin Smith and Frank Gore (who scores the winning TD to clinch the ring) will never be forgotten in 49ers lore.

The embarrassment of the early losses, the absolute manhandling by the Broncos, leading to eventual redemption in Seattle and winning the NFC West in the last week.
Smashing the Seahawks again in the playoffs, then going to Big D -the site of so much heartache in the past- and knocking them off on the way to showing Denver and Peyton Manning what this team is really made of when 100%.

Yes, I still believe. Not to be too cheesy about he whole thing, it is just a football game after all.

All of this with the exception of the 1st sentence, if we went 15-1 and rolled through the playoffs it wouldn't be boring, that ish would be epic as hell.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by bigmur49:

All of this with the exception of the 1st sentence, if we went 15-1 and rolled through the playoffs it wouldn't be boring, that ish would be epic as hell.

Agreed, but what story is more fun to tell? When you win 50-0 or when you come back from 49-0 to win 50-49? At the end of the day, who cares as long as they win #6!!

Tree killer. That's a bit reductionist, isn't it?
Until we get healthy were not in a good position.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Tree killer
As soon as it was announced that aldon was getting 9 games, I just felt like this was gonna be a back half of the season type team. With all the injuries, I'm actually surprised/pleased that we are above .500 at the bye. It also speaks well that we could have won every game w the exception of Sunday nights game. Denver is good and seems to be in "make up for getting doors blown off in Super Bowl" mode.

Just gotta find a way to get to 11 wins. If we can accomplish this, we will be a fairly hot team getting healthy down the stretch and in all honesty that seems to be more of the current blue print to win a title.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 21, 2014 at 6:51 AM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Tree killer

That's great, isn't it? Aldon got so f**ked up that he fell asleep behind the wheel and only hit a tree. He should be knighted.
Share 49ersWebzone