LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Should Baalke make a trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by rtj03:
I would love to see us make a trade for someone explosive. Our offense is still missing that explosive player. Gore and Hyde are bullies and grind out yards but really can't make that big play that 80 yd td run. I love our wr but none of them really are explosive and don't get a lot of separation.

So because our WR corp is deep and somewhat expendable. Also crabs is nice but he's gone.

Crabtree for cj spiller. Both are on last years of contracts.

Spiller makes our kickoff and punt returns very dangerous. Spiller gives Our offense a real legit player who can take it to the house on any play. Something we really need. It seems our offense has to grind and struggle for every point. The td by Lloyd the other night was big time and we need more of that.

I wouldn't mind this if we knew Lattimore wasn't going to play this year...Gore, Latt, Spiller for next year would be insane!!

what about hyde
Originally posted by swayze:
We should trade for Harvin

So Justin and Pat can take him out behind the woodshed
Originally posted by Butter:
I was primarily thinking of a veteran CB. I like some of their youg talent, but they dont have a true #1 CB.

Cox tied for 1st in the NFL for interceptions and he is sitting atop 1st in passes defended.
3rd rounder and Gabbert to the Jets for Harvin...that would tick Carroll off. Other than that...if a good trade falls into their lap, fine, but they don't need to go out looking for one.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by rtj03:
I would love to see us make a trade for someone explosive. Our offense is still missing that explosive player. Gore and Hyde are bullies and grind out yards but really can't make that big play that 80 yd td run. I love our wr but none of them really are explosive and don't get a lot of separation.

So because our WR corp is deep and somewhat expendable. Also crabs is nice but he's gone.

Crabtree for cj spiller. Both are on last years of contracts.

Spiller makes our kickoff and punt returns very dangerous. Spiller gives Our offense a real legit player who can take it to the house on any play. Something we really need. It seems our offense has to grind and struggle for every point. The td by Lloyd the other night was big time and we need more of that.

I wouldn't mind this if we knew Lattimore wasn't going to play this year...Gore, Latt, Spiller for next year would be insane!!

I followed CJ at Clemson and was hoping the Niners would find some way to draft him. A player with character and talent. He would make the ST feared. He can carry the load at running back also. Hyde and CJ would be thunder and lightning.
Trade a low draft pick for Trent Richardson

Maybe he'll turn it around here
Trade Boone. I'm serious. The guy looks flabby & slow now. Dallas could use OL help with Doug Free out. Maybe they'd part with Morris Claiborne. It'd light a fire under both of their @zzes.

Looney, Martin & Martin could compete for the RG spot when Davis returns.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 18, 2014 at 8:26 AM ]
Nope. Just need to get our guys healthy.
Trade article

Should Trent Baalke make a mid season trade? If so what position should they target. And what shouod they give up? They have some young, excees talent. Im assuming itd likely have to be for a draft pick.

If Looney plays well would they consider moving Iupati or Boone? There's a good chance they lose them anyways.

When have you seen Looney play well?......
You only trade when there is a glaring need. The Niners are pretty well set. The only position that can use improvement is PR and KR. Ellington has been adequate but somewhat of a disappointment. He seems to lack the breakaway speed we expected of him. CJ Spiller would be a nice pickup. Or, how about trading Crabtree for Devin Hester who also plays WR?
[ Edited by kezarvet49 on Oct 18, 2014 at 8:33 AM ]

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Trade Boone. I'm serious. The guy looks flabby & slow now. Dallas could use OL help with Doug Free out. Maybe they'd part with Morris Claiborne. It'd light a fire under both of their @zzes.

Looney, Martin & Martin could compete for the RG spot when Davis returns.

You look flabby and slow. Boone looks anything but flabby or slow. He's just getting back into playing shape and showed good speed on rollouts last week.
I'd be all for trading Spiller for a Mid Round Pick. He'd give us a KR/PR and a change of pace back to replace Hunter. We could then put Latt on IR and next year we'd have Hyde, Latt, Spiller, and Millard. Spiller could be dominant with a good O-line.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Oct 18, 2014 at 8:45 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I don't think so.
Looking over the QB performance for the year sonfar, the Niners pass defense seems to be playing well.
W-Romo 281 yds/ 1 TD/ 3int
L-Cutler 176/4 TD/0 int
L-Stanton 244/2 TD/0 int
W-Foles 195/ 0 TD/ 2 int
W-Smith 158/1 TD/ 1 int
W-Davis 236/1 TD/1 int

However, in the losses to the Bears and Cards, Cutler and Stanton moved the ball at will. If the Niners want to make a real run at the Super Bowl this year they're going to face some of the best QB trying to get there. Everyone struggles against Manning, but it'll show their secondaries ability to play with a Super Bowl favorite.

Dude, 176 yards for Cutler was not "moving the ball at will" like you say, we simply set them in the RZ by either turning the ball over or committing stupid penalties that put them in position to score. The problem in that game was Fangio not moving Ward off Marshall who destroyed him with his size. The Bears didn't really win that game as much as the 49ers handed it to them. As for Stanton, he played well but not great and certainly didn't move the ball at will either.
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
You look flabby and slow. Boone looks anything but flabby or slow. He's just getting back into playing shape and showed good speed on rollouts last week.

He also fell over pulling and missed blocking assignments. Not to mention getting beat by pass rushers all year. He's been bad this season. If he's not in shape by now then he's not motivated enough. At this point Looney is probably just as good as he. Johnathan Martin probably is too.
Share 49ersWebzone