There are 154 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 12)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm going to have fun making all my Skins friends livid with the beat-down that is coming.
With SEA on Thankgiving night on a short week it's time we beat a bad team like we should. I realize this implies we have to score touchdowns from red zone opportunities but it's time....
As long as Colt McCoy dont play we should crush them, seems the team is willing to play for McCoy but right now everybody on offense has turned on RGIII for being a dry snitch.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jbeale49:
With SEA on Thankgiving night on a short week it's time we beat a bad team like we should. I realize this implies we have to score touchdowns from red zone opportunities but it's time....

Redzone scoring does not fit with the offensive philosophy. The offensive genius requires minimal points to win a game. Remember, every time the 49ers score, they have to change possession. The all dangerous kickoff may negate any points achieved in the prior possession. So, it is absolutely critical to end possessions with a punt or failed field goal once you have a lead... of any kind. That way you don't have to worry about kickoff returns or the opponent having a short field.

And with Lee... no one is returning a punt... that's just crazy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
As long as Colt McCoy dont play we should crush them, seems the team is willing to play for McCoy but right now everybody on offense has turned on RGIII for being a dry snitch.

9ers defense faced the likes of Tony Romo, Nick Foles, Drew Brees, Eli and Peyton Manning and now the defense should be worried about Colt McCoy!!!!
Originally posted by jbeale49:

but but... the Niner way is FGs 90% of the time
Originally posted by Kolohe:

9ers defense faced the likes of Tony Romo, Nick Foles, Drew Brees, Eli and Peyton Manning and now the defense should be worried about Colt McCoy!!!!

We lost to Drew Stanton and Austin Davis...
Originally posted by ads_2006:

and cutler, what a f**kin joke....

oh well, maybe we're better for it
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Any given Sunday like i said this team will prob want to play their heart out for Colt just like they did that 1 week he started vs Dallas dont tell me they wont have a fighting chance vs us. The way how this season is played out & the way our offense looks a pick here & fumble here & BAM u got yourself a unexpected loss, Cant take anybody for granted from here on out i dont care what their record is shoot we can even lose to the Sorry Raiders if we dont bring our A game i am just saying u just never know.
Just win baby! Either SEA or ARI will lose (or they tie ) so we can make up ground by winning our game.

It would be nice to put together a good offensive outing. Our running attack has been better the last two games, but our pass offense has been mediocre at best. A good solid win would set us up well for Thanksgiving.

We have 2 games at home in a short period of time. We need both! It would really be good for us to be 8-4 by next Thursday night!

By the numbers, we should crush this team. We haven't had one of those kind of games yet.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
By the numbers, we should crush this team. We haven't had one of those kind of games yet.

Never will with Roman calling the plays.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:

Never will with Roman calling the plays.

Roman called plays vs. Washington last year and we won 27-6
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Roman called plays vs. Washington last year and we won 27-6

its sad that 27 pts qualifies as a blowout win for this offense, only cuz of the D
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Probably lose, game planning to not show seattle anything will bite us in the ass

Seattle has already witnessed everything Roman has to offer. It's about execution now which is my concern because of how inconsistent we are. Redskins should be a blowout but I'm expecting another nail biter victory.
Share 49ersWebzone